Relationship Advice Required

Stu

Not sure if this should go in General Chat or here but....

I've never really been one to score with the ladies, but when I finally settled down and married my lass I was over the moon. We'd known each other for a few years, she used to come up to Newcastle at weekends way back in the day, but never really got it together properly except for a brief fling a good many year ago. When she finally came into my life properly we hit it off almost straight away and it was no surprise to friends and family that we were soon married, some say it was a match made in heaven. We both wanted the same things, she had the passion and the drive while I had the money to pay for it (typical woman, eh!) we had some brilliant times together, although there were the occasional few lows. The main problem was that we were trying to have kids, but for some reason it wouldn't work, the doctors couldn't say why. We were both desperate for one that it began to overshadow the rest of the relationship, don't get me wrong, I loved trying all the different ways with her :shifty: but one January evening she just walked away, saying she couldn't take the stress of it anymore.

I was heartbroken, I couldn't believe she'd gone, things had been going really well too - I was sure that this was going to be our year when things all worked out for the best - but it was not to be, she'd gone and I had to move on. So, like any bloke, I did. Different women have come and gone, I think I was seeing a Scottish girl for a while before I met a European lass - that one didn't work out, she never shaved her armpits and slagged off my god-daughter too many times for my liking. I had a good thing going on with this older woman for quite a few years, but I ditched her when my friends started suggesting she was losing the plot. I think that was a mistake as I ended up with a right nutjob after her, she kept telling lies to everyone and wouldn't accept the blame for anything, even when it was so obviously her fault!!  :idiot2: Anyways, throughout the years I've always looked back to those 'golden' years with my ex-wife and wondered - would things really have been different if we'd managed to have just one kid? Everytime I look back, I forget more of the bad times and focus upon the good times. I've had a couple of other lasses in the past year or so, but I ended up packing in the last one in January because I couldn't stop comparing her to my ex-wife.

I guess that's normal, nostalgia and all that, but I've taken it a step further and got in touch with her. Turns out after she left me she took a job down in London before working for the English Tourist office - that didn't go well after losing an argument to a German on national tv! She lived in Manchester for a few years but then decided to quit her career and join the circus up in Glasgow. I know what you're thinking "please don't say you've asked her to come back" but I just couldn't help myself, I never stop thinking about her and maybe I never will until I try again with her, maybe this time we'll finally manage to achieve what we couldn't before and have a baby together? I'd love it if that happened, just love it!

Anyways, she's on her way down from Glasgow now and I'm just nervous about how things are going to be - am I naive for thinking things will go back to how they were right before she left? Or should I expect to have to start all over again, step by step, slowly but surely? I know she's full of passion, but should I dive right in and expect to start making babies this year?!

Here's hoping for some advice...

:band:

I got my mind set on you!

But it's gonna take money,

A whole lot of spending money.

It's gonna take plenty of money,

To do it right, child.

It's gonna take time,

A whole lot of precious time.

It's gonna take patience and time,

To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,

To do it right!

good luck m8! just remember to check if she has shaved her arm pits!

Nah, that was the European lass, funnily enough she's now a big-time Charlie over in Hollywood - wonder if I should have stuck with her. Anyways, thanks to those that have helped so far and, er, for the random comments at the start

"delicious copypasta is delicious" ??!?!

Anyways, my mates all seem to be made up that I've decided to go back to her...lets just hope that I've not been overly sentimental and forgotten all the reasons why it never worked in the first place.

I can't believe none of you have got this!

Great post Stupeedo!

I got it.

Just so you know there is still some activity going on in this shrivelled grey blob that I used to call a brain.