Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

Milner is the most dissapointing ever ... what a headcase of a player.Plays with no brain at all.

Owen is just absolutely worthless to us right now, does absolutely nothing to affect the game unless you lay it on a plate for him. Very frustrating. Way to lift the team captain.

I find it funny how so many people are getting on Shola's back. He wasn't great but he did some positive things out there and he was visible. Shola was 10 times the player Owen was today.

I was really upset with Emer this was the time we really need him yet he stupidly sent of the other day. Roz was not a midfilder and I was surprised how we didn't put on Troise for the last 15 min. Over all we will look up from now on. We will have Butt Smith and Barton back for the next game and thats really important area for us. with luck we might sign up some one quality before the game next week.

For me, I don't think they need to sign up any players at the moment or rather I can't think of who they need to sign up.

While it is true that they did not play one-touch football or free flowing football, did not score today and their opponent was Bolton, however, I am mindful that Keegan had just 3 days with the players, the players need to get acquainted to each other and Keegan's style football.

Unless there is a player that can wow all of us or is a potential prospect, otherwise, I'm against signing any players.

Although money might be of no problem to Ashley, I still think being prudent goes a long way. I rather we save the money and put it to better use in the future (i.e. sign better players, more benefits or events for the fans etc). I'm sure in Ashley's mind, there's a cap to how much he will spend too.

Let's wait and see and as many has said, there's plenty of optimism today. For better days ahead ^^  O0

Regards,

Ericz.

We never stopped attacking the whole match which I was well happy with. Yeah we didn't get lucky but its obvious the areas we need strengthening in which we all know.

Milner never stopped but it was an off day for his crossing in fairness. Keep checking the transfer rumours soon tho, I smell new players around the corner  :smug:

You can defend Shola as much as you like for his individual performances, but the bottom line is that he doesnt have the ability to make it into any of the top 6, so shouldnt be good enough for us.

The fact that he's not good enough for the top 6 has absolutely no bearing at the moment because

1. He's ours right now, like it or not.

2. Nobody will have him.

3. We're not going to be sitting anywhere near the top six for a while.

So as long as he's ours and non-saleable, why not use him when we have to and give him credit when he preforms to the best of his (limited) abilities.

I certainly wouldn't rather stick in a 19 year old who wasn't good enough for a Championship bottom side, much less the top six.

Dont get me wrong, i dont blame him for anything, i just think hes not good enough full stop, what he produces not is probably the best we'll ever see from him, he is a very limited player, i dont see the point intrying to defend or attack him to be fair because he's not a player we should be looking to take us forward and therefore hasnt let the side down. If Owen recived the same amount of possession as Shola did i would attck him because he is someone we should be looking ot, especially as captain.

keegan makes the same first error sam made. he played ameobi. andy o'brien marked him out the game. and dont give me any of that "he needs games" stuff, he was s**** before his injury and he's s**** after it.

bolton were considerably nearer to scoring than we were. did we even have a decent shot on target?

What??  There was no one else to play up front, who else should he have played?  :idiot2:

Carroll. Or a wandering stray dog.

Because Carroll has been brilliant when he's played?  The lads no better then Ameobi at the moment.

I haven't seen much of Carroll therefore will give him a chance before I decide whether he's good. I don't need to see Ameobi play one second more to know he is nowhere near good enough.

Seriously, if you think Carroll would have done any better than Ameobi today, you're just not watching the game.

The lad had a decent shift. If you can accept that Stephen Carr can have non-cringeworthy games from time to time, why can't you give Ameobi the same benefit.

How many times did he hit the target?

How many chances did he create for others ?

How many good passes?

How many pointless free kicks did he give away?

If thats a decent shift we will never get anywhere near the top 6.

I'll say it again for those who arent listening "Who would YOU have played there instead?"

Carroll aside, I would rather have matched their 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and not had him in the team.

And that would have brought us the win?

Doubt it very much.

An anti climax like but still a great atmosphere and if that had been a Big Sam game we would have lost it, Bolton should be ashamed at their time wasting and Wiley should be dropped down to fkn Sunday League games after that shocker  he had..

At least we found out that Roze cannot play in CM, apart from a couple of decent diagonal balls he was poor today, I thought KK would have put Lua Lua on for him.

By the way, Owen can apparently no longer score unless its absolutely layed onto him in a plate. Can't create chances, can't be a poacher who scores a dozen tap-ins a season.

He could be the best finisher in the universe for all I care, that doesn't matter untill he can figure out something he can do on the pitch.

Carroll aside, I would rather have matched their 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and not had him in the team.

So we could then have the mongs scream "KEEGAN PLAYED ONE UP FRONT!!!" instead...  There were two choices and you might as well have flipped a coin to decide, heads Amiobi, tails Carroll..  Fair enough if you'd have picked Carroll, but I find it amazing that some people are having a go at Keegan for playing Ameobi in this situation..

Guest Brendan_Rice

Milner is the most dissapointing ever ... what a headcase of a player.Plays with no brain at all.

Owen is just absolutely worthless to us right now, does absolutely nothing to affect the game unless you lay it on a plate for him. Very frustrating. Way to lift the team captain.

I find it funny how so many people are getting on Shola's back. He wasn't great but he did some positive things out there and he was visible. Shola was 10 times the player Owen was today.

Well said! Shola tried today and I think he is lacking match fitness.  He put himself about even if it did give away fouls which is more than I can say for Owen.  I think Owen will come good I had hoped the captancy would have inspired him.

Given - 6.

Carr - 6.

Enrique - 7.

Cacapa - 6,5.

Taylor - 7.

Rozenhal - 6,5.

N'Zogbia - 6.

Milner - 5.

Duff - 4,5.

Ameobi - 5.

Owen - 4.

Lua Lua - 5.

Are you giving the ratings based on whats being said on the thread, or did you just sleep through most of the match?

Decent performance really, and Owen actually looked mobile today.

Doubt it very much.

:lol: ... 0-0 wasn't it?

Disappointing today, but not the end of the world. It highlights that we are desperately in need of a creative midfielder or two. Bolton stifled Charlie, Duff didn't look interested and Milner looks like he could do with a rest. KK has a big job on to turn the side around, so expect plenty of personnel changes over the next year.

If one thing today, it should calm the hype that has built up over the last 3 days. KK can then get on with his job.

Definitely need a couple of new faces in for Arsenal next Saturday.

Why did Ameobi repeatedly run into defenders, fall over and then look gormlessly at the referee in hope of being given a penalty? We desperately needed him to attack crosses and i can only remember him doing so on one occasion.

Milner was awful too, he hasn't looked anywhere near good enough to be a regular at this level for quite some time now.

Ameobi has been doing it for years, that or just fouling every time there is any chance of him getting the ball.

Milner wasn't great but I don't think he was awful. He hasn't really looked up to it for most of the season though, hopefully young Lua Lua will give him a bit more of a push for competition or a new signing. Still rate him and think he has a lot of potential with the qualities he does have he just needs to do more.

I'd like to see him given a run of games in the centre, with N'Zogbia and Duff on the wings. He does show some good technical ability but this season he's been absolutely hopeless at taking the ball past a player out wide. He could also be suffering from fatigue considering how many games he has played in the last 12 months, i think Kazenga has shown enough now for Milner to be rested in at least one of the games at the Emirates.

Owen's poor if the rest of the team (mainly his striker partner) aren't doing anything. That's still a criticism of him, i'm really defending him, he used to be able to make his mark regardless of how the rest of the team were playing, and he simply can't cos he's got no pace there. He's not a key player.

But, saying that, if his striker partner's playing well and the wingers are providing, then he's very very useful.

Milner and Duff weren't great, the service was poor, but it's difficult to pick out a perfect ball when you're playing the thing into a box which has four defenders for every striker.

Zoggy's not the centre-mid. He was OK but he can't make his mark there. He's easy to combat in that centre where there's more players around him. I know, he had to play there today, but i'm speaking long-term.

We never stopped attacking the whole match which I was well happy with. Yeah we didn't get lucky but its obvious the areas we need strengthening in which we all know.

Milner never stopped but it was an off day for his crossing in fairness. Keep checking the transfer rumours soon tho, I smell new players around the corner  :smug:

Reason to be cheerful, even though we didnt create much if anything, the intent was there, that to me is enough KK will be studying this match so maybe us being poor creativity wise isnt such a bad thing, because he will go hammering on Chris Morts door to say we need new creative players in the door...

and he will get them

By the way, Owen can apparently no longer score unless its absolutely layed onto him in a plate. Can't create chances, can't be a poacher who scores a dozen tap-ins a season.

He could be the best finisher in the universe for all I care, that doesn't matter untill he can figure out something he can do on the pitch.

Unbelievably pathetic player. No more moddly coddling. Get rid of him please.

Even the arm band couldn't inspire him to play with a bit more energy and desire.

Still waiting around for tap ins ...

Doubt it very much.

And your point is?..  :undecided:

I was really upset with Emer this was the time we really need him yet he stupidly sent of the other day. Roz was not a midfilder and I was surprised how we didn't put on Troise for the last 15 min. Over all we will look up from now on. We will have Butt Smith and Barton back for the next game and thats really important area for us. with luck we might sign up some one quality before the game next week.

While it is true that they did not play one-touch football or free flowing football, did not score today and their opponent was Bolton, however, I am mindful that Keegan had just 3 days with the players, the players need to get acquainted to each other and Keegan's style football.

Unless there is a player that can wow all of us or is a potential prospect, otherwise, I'm against signing any players.

Let's wait and see and as many has said, there's plenty of optimism today. For better days ahead ^^  O0

Regards,

Ericz.

Keegan has already stated he'll not just be making up the numbers this transfer window, they have to make a big impact quickly. He also said we have a very small squad so the future looks very bright in terms of players are on the menu transfer-wise. Tough times ahead with the double arsenal games, then villa then man utd but try to see the bigger picture and the money thats going to be spent in the short term aswell as the long term  :celb:

Went for more experience tbh,cant blame him....

And btw no way i think Ameobi is good enough to play week in week out...however we were fuxxed tonight and he chose experience over youth...i dont see a problem with that.

At the end of the day Bolton came and played s*** football,they came and shut up shop was always gonna be a crappy game.

Guest The Libertine

keegan makes the same first error sam made. he played ameobi. andy o'brien marked him out the game. and dont give me any of that "he needs games" stuff, he was s**** before his injury and he's s**** after it.

bolton were considerably nearer to scoring than we were. did we even have a decent shot on target?

What??  There was no one else to play up front, who else should he have played?  :idiot2:

Libertine, stop kneejerking like a mong. As teasy states, we had no other option due to suspensions and injuries. Would you have played Carroll up front or Ameobi, your call.

8 years is the longest kneejerk ive ever heard of. and yes, i'd rather have played carroll. would it be so stupid to try someone that might have a chance of doing something on the pitch or just stick with "oh, he'll come good, barcelona innit" shola?

I find it funny how so many people are getting on Shola's back. He wasn't great but he did some positive things out there and he was visible.

Well said! Shola tried today

Ditto... Shola gave us some positive performances today. He will get better as he plays more, I'm sure. He did some nice passing today too :)

Be optimistic :)

Regards,

Ericz

Guest brooklynlou

The game underscored just how much work Keegan has in front of him. The entire team played like a bunch of strangers, the work rate was spotty and the service from the wings was sub standard.

Doubt it very much.

Really?

Thanks for that smart arse.

Doubt it very much.

Really?

Thanks for that smart arse.

Well I'm just saying, playing Shola up there clearly did the trick! Playing him or a 5 man midfield is equally as "negative".