Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

At this point I would have Routledge over Milner. I honestly believe he is a better player than Milner is.

Milner can go apply his pointless workrate somewhere else to be honest.

Sorry but that is a pile of "grass is always greener" bullshit. Routledge :lol:

You may aswell have put "I would rather have anyone that can run a bit fast than Milner despite having no actual football ability...."

their fans never made a peep either.

where were you sitting? they only had 2 songs, but they didn't shut up.

They were shouting sacked in the morning and KK out which got quite loud at one point only to be drowned out by the Ultra lads and lasses and others followed. I agree, they didn't make a peep.

Sorry mate but your wrong.  Maybe from where you were they 'didn't make a peep', but from where I was the did.  Yes we drowned them out with that awful 'keegan, keegan...' chant, but there were still spells where all I could hear was them.

Ganted, you don't get much signing in the Milburn.

Guest Knightrider

their fans never made a peep either.

where were you sitting? they only had 2 songs, but they didn't shut up.

They were shouting sacked in the morning and KK out which got quite loud at one point only to be drowned out by the Ultra lads and lasses and others followed. I agree, they didn't make a peep.

Sorry mate but your wrong.  Maybe from where you were they 'didn't make a peep', but from where I was the did.  Yes we drowned them out with that awful 'keegan, keegan...' chant, but there were still spells where all I could hear was them.

Ganted, you don't get much signing in the Milburn.

I'm not surprised they seemed loud stood next to where you were, from where I was I hardly heard a thing and I don't buy into that shite about being up in the gods. A racket is a racket. The Stoke fans for example were fantastic and could be heard all around. Oh and the Milburn was in good voice for a change.

Guest bluegeordie

I know we're not allowed to prefer the cup over the league, but i'd rather we won the cup game at Arsenal, if i had to pick one. For the reasons Bluegeordie says...

We've got little going for us in the league tbf.

Yep, a diet of meat and veg progress in the League, and cake and liquor coffee in the Cup would do me for this season.   

At this point I would have Routledge over Milner. I honestly believe he is a better player than Milner is.

You may aswell have put "I would rather have anyone that can run a bit fast than Milner despite having no actual football ability...."

Believe me If Routledge was here he would be in the team ahead of Milner. Did you ever see him for the under 21's? or when he was at Palace? He's better than Milner. Quicker and a better dribbler. Crossing is no worse than Milners either.

At the very worst he's just as good as Milner but with more pace.

So would you rather have Milner or Milner with more pace? Easy choice right  :lol:

Believe me If Routledge was here he would be in the team ahead of Milner. Did you ever see him for the under 21's? or when he was at Palace? He's better than Milner. Quicker and a better dribbler. Crossing is no worse than Milners either.

So would you rather have Milner or Milner with more pace? Easy choice right  :lol:

Routledge is gash. However it must be said Milners not great.

But he isn't as good as Milner, there is a reason it looks like he could be heading off to the Championship and if Milner left us he would be going to a premiership club.

Speaking of England Under 21's, isn't Shola joint top scorer at that level? Whats he up to now? he must be mint!

Guest bluegeordie

An "easy choice" or a "Sophie's choice"? At the risk of sounding like Tony Blair, there must be a "third way"  :parky:

But he isn't as good as Milner, there is a reason it looks like he could be heading off to the Championship and if Milner left us he would be going to a premiership club.

Speaking of England Under 21's, isn't Shola joint top scorer at that level? Whats he up to now? he must be mint!

His first season at Palace in the Premiership was the reason Spurs bought him right? He is good enough to play in the premiership if Milner is believe me.

By the way ... Milner is definitely a championship player.

Spurs bought him for about £2m and hardly played him, Milner went to Villa and they wanted to buy him for about £5m after he was one of if not their best player that season (ask Brummie) but we pulled out at the last minute.

Routledge is worse than Milner but woopedoo he runs fast so lets replace Milner with him  :frantic:

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 8

Carr: 7

Taylor: 8

Cacapa: 7

Enrique: 7

Milner: 5

Zogbia: 7

Rozenhal: 6

Duff: 6

Owen: 6

Ameobi: 6

Got the feeling throughout the game, that the only player who could beat his man and make the difference today for us was Zogbia...thats not good.....

Disappointing result but I take my hat off to Bolton. One of their players in particular was outstanding, he broke up every Newcastle attack with ease, dominated our strikers with a minimum of fuss and kept all our attackers at bay single-handedly in the second half with some top notch timewasting. His interception when Milner was clean through on goal was magnificent.

Bolton came to spoil a game that 52,000 people had paid money to watch and Wiley was the pick of the bunch. The type of performance that should see him banned from being in charge of a football match at this level.

I enjoyed the game, we tried to play it the right way with so many players missing and came up against a team which was probably the most negative I've seen in a long while, in the end we could have lost if it wasn't for Given.

I doubt Rozehal will get too many games, he was embarrassing today, by far the worst player on the park.

At least Keegan will now know what's needed.  We seemed to have all of the possession but couldn't do anything with it.

The atmosphere was good considering the result, I'm sure a goal would have made it a lot better, we'd have lost that game under Allardyce but we kept the atmosphere going and the players tried right until the end.

Guest Knightrider

I think we'd have won under Big Sam as Bolton wouldn't have been so negative. But that's bye the bye now and we don't need to be getting into those kind of debates :D

The referee was shocking today like. I'm not saying we didn't win because of him, but he just got loads of decisions wrong. He booked a Bolton player despite not even seeing the incident! He followed play and was staring at the Strawberry corner when he heard the crowd, turned around and saw 2 players on the deck and assumed it must have been a booking! Disgraceful display.

I think we'd have won under Big Sam as Bolton wouldn't have been so negative. But that's bye the bye now and we don't need to be getting into those kind of debates :D

He was sacked by that cunt Ashley, Shepherd would never have sacked him, Shepherd is better than Ashley

Now THATS a debate worth getting into

He was sacked by that c*** Ashley, Shepherd would never have sacked him, Shepherd is better than Ashley

Now THATS a debate worth getting into

That wouldn't be a debate, it would be madness.

The referee was shocking today like. I'm not saying we didn't win because of him, but he just got loads of decisions wrong. He booked a Bolton player despite not even seeing the incident! He followed play and was staring at the Strawberry corner when he heard the crowd, turned around and saw 2 players on the deck and assumed it must have been a booking! Disgraceful display.

didn't let the game flow at all. the decision where he failed to give us advantage (when we wouldve had a one on one) was particularly awful. tbf bolton were on the floor almost as much as they were upright which didnt make his job any the easier.

From the moment Bolton won 3 corners from the kick off, you could tell the way the match was going to go. We needed an early goal to ride the wave and when it never came a combination of the most negative tactics I have ever seen and a really fussy ref cost us any chance of getting any momentum going. Milner and Duff weren't holding any width at all which didn't help but even if they had, crosses into the box weren't going to be a worry for Bolton because Shola's a pillock. In the second half there was twice we could have just slipped Owen in, first time N'Zogbia mis hit the pass and it went to Shola who did his usual shite touch and tumble, second time Shola himself chose to pass it calmly outside to Milner instead of just passing it through. Frustrating, but not overly surprising. We looked tired, truth be told.

Was thinking about who would have made a big difference if they'd been available, worryingly all I can think of is Viduka's physical presence was bound to have been betetr than Shola's. Emre would have been kicked to shit unfortunately, and Butt/Smith would not have made any difference in midfield. Rozenhal in the middle was decent actually, not great, who knew he could use the outside of his boot like that in that pass he put through for Owen? Still though, he had very little to actually do defensively and was never going to score, so not the easiest game to judge.

On another note, how s*** was that referee? Terrible performance tonight. Didn't let the game flow at all.

Yep, totally agree.

and What was going on with when Taylor stopped the ball, but didnt put it out of play when Boltons number 28 (cant remember his name) went down for the second time within a few minutes and they ended up with the ball taking a throw in !!!

From the moment Bolton won 3 corners from the kick off, you could tell the way the match was going to go. We needed an early goal to ride the wave and when it never came a combination of the most negative tactics I have ever seen and a really fussy ref cost us any chance of getting any momentum going. Milner and Duff weren't holding any width at all which didn't help but even if they had, crosses into the box weren't going to be a worry for Bolton because Shola's a pillock. In the second half there was twice we could have just slipped Owen in, first time N'Zogbia mis hit the pass and it went to Shola who did his usual shite touch and tumble, second time Shola himself chose to pass it calmly outside to Milner instead of just passing it through. Frustrating, but not overly surprising. We looked tired, truth be told.

Was thinking about who would have made a big difference if they'd been available, worryingly all I can think of is Viduka's physical presence was bound to have been betetr than Shola's. Emre would have been kicked to shit unfortunately, and Butt/Smith would not have made any difference in midfield. Rozenhal in the middle was decent actually, not great, who knew he could use the outside of his boot like that in that pass he put through for Owen? Still though, he had very little to actually do defensively and was never going to score, so not the easiest game to judge.

There's a few in my opinion. As Bolton were tiring, Martins' fresh and pacy legs would have been very useful. There were balls going forward but the sheer lack of pace upfront meant nothing could happen. If Viduka had of started with Owen, Mickey might have had a more profitable afternoon given that we played it on the floor from start to finish. Viduka could well have flourished from the gameplan today.

Then there's Beye from deep who, in spite of a decent performance by his standards, is significantly faster and more use in the final third than Carr. And given our centre-midfield today, Emre certainly would have helped us out. Aye, he might have got kicked about a bit, but N'Zogbia was very easily dominated in the middle so it's all relative, Emre probably would have been a better option. Zog was only of any use when pushed out wide.

There was a few key players missing for us today; i really think we might have won with a full squad.

On another note, how s*** was that referee? Terrible performance tonight. Didn't let the game flow at all.

Yep, totally agree.

and What was going on with when Taylor stopped the ball, but didnt put it out of play when Boltons number 28 (cant remember his name) went down for the second time within a few minutes and they ended up with the ball taking a throw in !!!

Mikalich or however you spell it, considering he is a centre back he is a fucking pussy!

Yep, totally agree.

Mikalich or however you spell it, considering he is a centre back he is a f****** pussy!

Aye thats the one,  he was the tallest/ biggest player on the pitch as well

A fairly negative thread, tbh. However, I particularly liked SUPERTOON's contribution:

what a shocking game

-

surely it can only get better i was expecting ths type of game

Keegan may have returned but the players are still rubbish

-

we really need a win on this one otherwise we are in a relegation battle especially with our games coming up

-

this team really needs some work

-

'Can't see us scoring tbh'

agreed

the relegation threat looms large

-

we would be getting booed if playing like this with Sam in charge

-

this is truely awful

-

better get spending

-

wish someone would score this is sooooooooo boring

-

we are not going to score and we are in a relegation battle

KK needs to start spending and soon

-

'Should have scored ameobi'

The worst player at the club

-

just shows how bad these players really are other than Zoggy and Given wouldnt care if the rest left

-

said it as soon as the bolton pre match thread was made

we are rubbish no matter who our manager is

-

not in the near future and we are now in a serious battle to avoid relegation

:clap: