Bolton - a warning

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

I'm in no doubt that Megson set Bolton up to spoil the game in fear of a hammering. I've never seen such a negative side come to SJP against such an average Toon side. At the hour mark he was screaming at Davies to get back and constantly on at their wide players to get back too. They came here simply to avoid defeat and to be fair to them and their spoiling tactics it worked. This will be the case with a lot of sides from now on and we must learn to deal with that and overcome it. Better sides than Bolton will come here to avoid defeat. It happened the last time, only we had the quality and intent to score early to fold them like a pack of cards.

Don't see what's wrong with it personally. If we did that against Arsenal next weekend I'd be damn proud of the team. They came here for a point and they got it. Well done Bolton. Tough shit if every team comes to St. James' and wants to play for a point, it's our job to break them down.

Guest Knightrider

How they didn't end up with half their team booked for time wasting is beyond me, and 3 minutes added on? Even Andy O'Brien did a bit of time wasting and that cunt McCann near the end, did he flick the Vs or something as a few behind me were kicking off about something. Despicable tactics and just why KK will be a breath of fresh air to the Premiership. More football please.

How they didn't end up with half their team booked for time wasting is beyond me, and 3 minutes added on? Even Andy O'Brien did a bit of time wasting and that c*** McCann near the end, did he flick the Vs or something as a few behind me were kicking off about something. Despicable tactics and just why KK will be a breath of fresh air to the Premiership. More football please.

Nolan did. He certainly raise a finger or two at the fans in the milburn. McCann took a good hour to get off the pitch though.

Agreed. Re: their supporters, walked past their buses afterwards and two of them seemed to be mainly teenagers, like young ones. I approve of that generally if there was an effort made to get some kids to travel, but it was unusual.

Quicker King Kev gets spending in the summer the better imo, then shit sides like Bolton will come here with their negative tactics and we will rape the cunts. If we scored 1 goal today they would have fell apart, simply because a side like that has 1 plan, to stop the opposition scoring, there is no plan B if that fails, without Diouf and Anelka they will never score a considerable amount of goals.

Guest mikefin

It was a good performance compares to everything before it.

Week or two ago it was:

No way out of your misery

Alone in pain and agony

Lay depressed and hollow

One thought in your mind

-No Tomorrow

And then you had made up your mind

and thought it was your time

You left this world without shedding a tear

without hope, without fear

So you thought you'd just put your head

into the Noose and let it all go...and so you did

Oh yeah, you did

Now you come haunting every night

Calling my name until I...

wake up feeling this sorrow

One thought in my mind

- I will follow

I'll drink the booze to depress myself

then I take the rope and express myself

I'll leave this world without shedding a tear

without hope, without fear

Yeah, I think I'll just put my head

into the Noose and let it all go...and so I will

Oh yeah, I will

I'll take the rope, just like you

and wherever you are, I'll be too

I think I'll just put my head

into the Noose and let it all go...and so I will

Oh yeah, I will

How they didn't end up with half their team booked for time wasting is beyond me, and 3 minutes added on? Even Andy O'Brien did a bit of time wasting and that c*** McCann near the end, did he flick the Vs or something as a few behind me were kicking off about something. Despicable tactics and just why KK will be a breath of fresh air to the Premiership. More football please.

Nolan did. He certainly raise a finger or two at the fans in the milburn. McCann took a good hour to get off the pitch though.

Was it him that gave the wanker gesture to the milburn? Or was that Davies?

Was it him that gave the w****** gesture to the milburn? Or was that Davies?

Nolan aye

Was it him that gave the w****** gesture to the milburn? Or was that Davies?

Nolan aye

Clearly gutted that his dream move went up in smoke with Big Sam. Hope it gets reported.

Better teams probably won't do that.

Anyhow, the signing of a good centre-midfielder, plus the return of the likes of Martins/Viduka/Beye and maybe Emre, will help us to overcome stuff like that. Bolton had known since Wednesday the exact team that we were going to have to field; it was always going to be very difficult for us to break them down.

It's awful to watch and it's terrible football, but I can't really blame Megson.  He's done well in a really shite situation, and now he's lost the only bit of quality the side has, and Anelka ain't gonna be back in a month.  I think we could have broken them down if there had been better passing from the centre of midfield.

That bolton side played the way big sam dreamed we would under him

They were worse than any Big Sam Bolton team I've seen.  Sam might have been route 1, but they were route zero.  No real attacking intentions at all.

Don't see what's wrong with it personally. If we did that against Arsenal next weekend I'd be damn proud of the team. They came here for a point and they got it. Well done Bolton. Tough s*** if every team comes to St. James' and wants to play for a point, it's our job to break them down.

Absolutely and totally right - we don't have a divine right to win at SJP and as I KEEP saying, but many on here ignore because they can't see the wood for the trees, we are in a relegation battle which will ruin the club if we lose - we will not be safe until we have a min of 42 points.