Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Huntelaar!!!

There is a reason he is still at Ajax when virtually every other talented player there has moved. He's easily the best striker in the Eredivisie but will never make at a truly big club. His scoring record against the top teams in the Eredivisie this season isn't too impressive either.

Let's not get carried away, we're far from being a "truly big club" at the moment, I think at the very least he could do a job for us and personally I'm pretty certain that he'd do a lot better than that given the chance.

Like has been said, he'll probably end up at ManU.

Yeah, I know, but everyone else is ignoring reality and I felt left out. :(

f****** stupid that we never signed him when we had the chance though. >:(

You could say the same about Carrick.

Which bit?

Probably both really. ;)

People are off their f****** heads if they think we have a chance of getting Richards, Berbatov, King, Bentley etc.

We'll get Van Buyten if we are lucky.

Alot of people saud the same when we signed Owen, Duff and Martins. I agree they are not easy targets but don't try and tell me Bentley is "out of our range".

Guest mobiius

Berbatov,Bentley and Dunne. To see Berbs sign for the toon instead of Manure would be like the time Big Al snubbed the Manc's to come home funny that KK was in on it then.

People are off their f****** heads if they think we have a chance of getting Richards, Berbatov, King, Bentley etc.

Alot of people saud the same when we signed Owen, Duff and Martins. I agree the are not easy targets but don't tryand tell me Bentley is "out of our range".

I was surprised we got Owen but the 3 players you mention were all surplus to requirements at their clubs which is the only reason we got them.

Berbatov,Bentley and Dunne. To see Berbs sign for the toon instead of Manure would be like the time Big Al snubbed the Manc's to come home funny that KK was in on it then.

Let's hope his career doesn't pan out the same way though if that happens, eh? ;)

Alot of people saud the same when we signed Owen, Duff and Martins. I agree the are not easy targets but don't tryand tell me Bentley is "out of our range".

I was surprised we got Owen but the 3 players you mention were all surplus to requirements at their clubs which is the only reason we got them.

People still said we have no chance etc. We have alot to offer players like them. I reckon Bentley would jump at the chance to join us.

Alot of people saud the same when we signed Owen, Duff and Martins. I agree they are not easy targets but don't try and tell me Bentley is "out of our range".

Owen and Martins at the time were out of favour at there clubs and we were the biggest club in for them. If the same happened with one of the above there would be a lot of clubs sniffing.

Bentley is probobly not out of our range but it certainly be very difficult to get him. People like King and Richards are out of our range though as Man City and Spurs just wouldn't sell and have the financial muscle to resist us. 

People still said we have no chance etc. We have alot to offer players like them. I reckon Bentley would jump at the chance to join us.

I think he would as well

Owen and Martins at the time were out of favour at there clubs and we were the biggest club in for them. If the same happened with one of the above there would be a lot of clubs sniffing.

Bentley is probobly not out of our range but it certainly be very difficult to get him. People like King and Richards are out of our range though as Man City and Spurs just wouldn't sell and have the financial muscle to resist us. 

I'm not claiming they would be easy signings but i don't think as laughable as you think. They are good players at decent clubs.

As you say,the fact them have clubs have money, is the real stumbling block.

Would love Carrick here, absolutely love it. He'd be perfect for this team, first thing this team needsis a ball playing DM. Doubt Man U will let him go without a profit though. Definitely need a right winger after that, people really rate Bentley this season, is it acase of flavour of the month? It was MGP last season. Quresma would be an amazing option there.

I would rather we spent £18m on Bentley than on Carrick (not saying either is worth that amount).

Not for me, I believe Carrick has proven he is worth 18m, he did at a Spurs side who were on the verge of a Champions League place, he then had the challenge of going to a massive club and performing at the highest level, i think last season he performed very well. Bentley is undoubtedly a quality player, but I don't believe we can put an extremely high price tag on a player who's only just started to perform to the level at he should, that at a club which isn't very big and the expectations aren't the same as they would be here.

I would rather we spent £18m on Bentley than on Carrick (not saying either is worth that amount).

I agree. Not that i believe we would have to pay that much mind. 12ish would do IMO.

If money isn't an option, both please.

Guest Guinness

I think it'll be tough to get any of the players currently being mentioned by the media. Van Buyten would be an excellent signing and reading his agents comments today it seems he's one of the players we've enquired about. We also desperately need some creativity in midfield, hopefully Mike puts in the backing to ensure we get someone capable of providing it.

All of these names are gonna be incredibly difficult to sign - the only way will be money. I cant see Blackburn wanting to sell Bentley, Man C won't want to sell Dunne, Man U and Spurs will expect big amounts for Carrick and Berbatov.

Bentley - £10m

Dunne - £8m

Carrick - £15m

Berbatov - £20m

Once an offer goes in, if the player starts stating he wants to join us (which is fairly likely with Bentley, maybes Carrick, Dont know about Dunne or Berb) it will help things along.

So far King Kev has seen us play 2 games, keeping one clean sheet and almost keeping another but for a wonder strike. I doubt signing defenders will be his priority.

I think a move for Van Buyten might be on the cards but strikers and midfielders will be at the forefront of his mind.

Yeah I dont see defence as a priority, although Dunne/Richards would be hard to refuse. Does anyone atually see that much of Van Buyten? Seems like he is always being linked with the premiership and swapping teams regularly.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrqiue, with Taylor, Roz, Carr as back ups is as good as we have had for years, though an extra left back wouldnt go a miss.

Wingers, Zoggy, Milner, Duff and LuaLua will do us for this season, but we desperately need a fuckin creative CM above everything else.

The strikers are good enough to score goals if given the right service.

Yeah I dont see defence as a priority, although Dunne/Richards would be hard to refuse. Does anyone atually see that much of Van Buyten? Seems like he is always being linked with the premiership and swapping teams regularly.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrqiue, with Taylor, Roz, Carr as back ups is as good as we have had for years, though an extra left back wouldnt go a miss.

Wingers, Zoggy, Milner, Duff and LuaLua will do us for this season, but we desperately need a fuckin creative CM above everything else.

The strikers are good enough to score goals if given the right service.

Aye hopefully Kev will see it that way.

How about Kenwyne Jones when the mackems get relegated? I think the young chap has alot of potential, big, strong, athletic, decent technique, good in the air. Perfect if we're going to play a wing game. I also noticed that he has 10 assists this season... for SUNDERLAND. :kasper: Impressive. :thup:

I would love Carrick here and i think he would be a great signing, although the reported price tag does put me off a bit. It's is £6m to high IMO.