Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Wtf? ??? What a strange appointment. The Dof is a vital role in the club, and you have to ensure he is fully qualified if your club is going to succeed. If he is good, like Monchi at Seville, you're in business. I dont particularly rate Commoli but at least he was Wenger's chief scout at Monacco and Arsenal. But Wise? I just dont understand it. Apparently, he isnt a particularly good manager anyway, all the leeds fans I spoke to about Poyet when he was coming said it was poyet who was the tactician, and that wise was shit. But I had no problem believing that cos tbh, I cant imagine Wise being the brains behind anything.

And whats this about Keegan not knowing? Is this bullshit or actually true?

this is Jeff Vetere, on the right, meeting with Curbishley:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8176/curbsdd7.jpg

same bloke, in the bottom left hand corner, at the match?

http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/79055215.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193516E2A05E1E122935DC3A505DF1AAC5D

dunno what the other one looks like. not sure how i feel with these unappointed, unaccountable blokes having so much input into the club. same with ashley's best mate and apparent advisor Kemsley, can't be healthy letting a Spurs fan give you football advice.

Wtf? ??? What a strange appointment. The Dof is a vital role in the club, and you have to ensure he is fully qualified if your club is going to succeed. If he is good, like Monchi at Seville, you're in business. I dont particularly rate Commoli but at least he was Wenger's chief scout at Monacco and Arsenal. But Wise? I just dont understand it. Apparently, he isnt a particularly good manager anyway, all the leeds fans I spoke to about Poyet when he was coming said it was poyet who was the tactician, and that wise was shit. But I had no problem believing that cos tbh, I cant imagine Wise being the brains behind anything.

You dont know anything tbh.

Guest DONTOONER

When KK came back i was all strapped in and ready for the roller coaster ride.....

Well we are NUFC fans anyway so our hearts should be strong enough to taking more beating anyway.

So i dont really F*** care what happens now as long as its entertaining under the condition we dont get relegated.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Wtf? ??? What a strange appointment. The Dof is a vital role in the club, and you have to ensure he is fully qualified if your club is going to succeed. If he is good, like Monchi at Seville, you're in business. I dont particularly rate Commoli but at least he was Wenger's chief scout at Monacco and Arsenal. But Wise? I just dont understand it. Apparently, he isnt a particularly good manager anyway, all the leeds fans I spoke to about Poyet when he was coming said it was poyet who was the tactician, and that wise was s***. But I had no problem believing that cos tbh, I cant imagine Wise being the brains behind anything.

What exactly prompted that response? Firstly, I gave my opinion on the DOF role which is imo true. Seville have had great success at selling their best players ie baptista and ramos and then replacing them with players who are equally as good for less money. That was down to Monchi not Ramos.

I then relayed what Leeds fans had told me. Not what I think myself, but what the fans who follow the team told me.

Finally, my final sentence is actually a question. I dont know the situation, hence why im asking.

Obviously, you disagree with me. But at least you could tell me what you disagree with, so we can discuss, rather than giving me no chance to reply.  ;)

this is Jeff Vetere, on the right, meeting with Curbishley:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8176/curbsdd7.jpg

same bloke, in the bottom left hand corner, at the match?

http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/79055215.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193516E2A05E1E122935DC3A505DF1AAC5D

dunno what the other one looks like. not sure how i feel with these unappointed, unaccountable blokes having so much input into the club. same with ashley's best mate and apparent advisor Kemsley, can't be healthy letting a Spurs fan give you football advice.

What's all this about jpd?

Wtf? ??? What a strange appointment. The Dof is a vital role in the club, and you have to ensure he is fully qualified if your club is going to succeed. If he is good, like Monchi at Seville, you're in business. I dont particularly rate Commoli but at least he was Wenger's chief scout at Monacco and Arsenal. But Wise? I just dont understand it. Apparently, he isnt a particularly good manager anyway, all the leeds fans I spoke to about Poyet when he was coming said it was poyet who was the tactician, and that wise was s***. But I had no problem believing that cos tbh, I cant imagine Wise being the brains behind anything.

What exactly prompted that response? Firstly, I gave my opinion on the DOF role which is imo true. Seville have had great success at selling their best players ie baptista and ramos and then replacing them with players who are equally as good for less money. That was down to Monchi not Ramos.

I then relayed what Leeds fans had told me. Not what I think myself, but what the fans who follow the team told me.

Finally, my final sentence is actually a question. I dont know the situation, hence why im asking.

Obviously, you disagree with me. But at least you could tell me what you disagree with, so we can discuss, rather than giving me no chance to reply.  ;)

Quite convient you think Poyet (who is at Spurs)  was the brains and Wise (on his way to Newcastle) was utter shite :lol:

End of the day no fucker on here knows what Wise job is, its funny reading people saying "we are a disgrace" because our owners are trying to make our club better. If Wise was appointed manager i would agree but he hasnt and wont be manager.

im scratching my head wondering why alot not everyone is so disgusted with this appointment? Im wondering if its just me being an idiot for not realising why its so bad?

we dont know his role. so i cant really comment. He's got a canny record at lower league to be fair. People are always moaning lower league bosses never get the breaks. Quality player in his day. Straight talking. Alleged to have got on well with Keegan.

Will someone (those people who are saying we are a joke) please explain how? Im not being funny, just wondering if ive missed something?

Thing is, over the last 10 years we have had managers come into this club that have won things wherever they have been. Depite that, as soon as they come through our doors, something strange happens.

We could bring in the most qualified bloke in the world but ultimately, the bloke who brings the next trophy to this club just needs to get damn lucky. Nothing more , Nothing less. It could be Dennis Wise as much as anyone

sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread or i've missed somethin, but;

was this job advertised and Wise succesfully apply for it? or,

has it been stated that Mort and Ashley approached Wise directly for this job?

if it was an advertised job and Wise applied for it, why would Keegan know about the appointment?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Quite convient you think Poyet (who is at Spurs)  was the brains and Wise (on his way to Newcastle) was utter s**** :lol:

End of the day no fucker on here knows what Wise job is, its funny reading people saying "we are a disgrace" because our owners are trying to make our club better. If Wise was appointed manager i would agree but he hasnt and wont be manager.

Mate, its not what I thought.  :lol:If you read my post, you will find that I wrote that it was leeds fans who told me this. Not my opinion, but that of the leeds fans. I see no reason to come on here and lie just to try and piss off newcastle fans, especially as that was not my aim in joining in the first place.

sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread or i've missed somethin, but;

was this job advertised and Wise succesfully apply for it? or,

has it been stated that Mort and Ashley approached Wise directly for this job?

if it was an advertised job and Wise applied for it, why would Keegan know about the appointment?

I think I saw it in last Thursday's Chronicle.

What's all this about jpd?

that bloke is one of ashley's informal "advisors" apparently. used to be a coach at rushden before going on to work at charlton. some say along with Jimenez, he is behind bringing Wise to the club and some journalist on a blackburn forum thinks they are having some sort of input into scouting and transfers.