Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leeds fans I know don't seem in the slightest bit bothered!!

Most think that since the departure of Poyet the team has become very average, Wise has one tactic and if that doesn't work - panic!

I'll just wait to see exactly what role he is going to play before worrying, I would guess that he will do the admin and paperwork side of things leaving Keegan to concentrate on the coaching side of things.

I cant believe they arent bothered. From the position Wise and Poyet took them from, they are now back to square one and faced with another future of goodness knows what.

Their season, from looking like a real unexpected success story, has now been blown apart.

They are just too proud to admit it

Most think that since the departure of Poyet the team has become very average, Wise has one tactic and if that doesn't work - panic!

I'll just wait to see exactly what role he is going to play before worrying, I would guess that he will do the admin and paperwork side of things leaving Keegan to concentrate on the coaching side of things.

Apparently he received a lot of stick when he got there, loads more when he went down, and its back again with a few poor results.

His wife's just had another baby and he cannot be fuked with the bunch of arseholes Leeds fans can be nevermind he cannot be bothered with management right now.

This is what i hear anyway.

Well I am sure if he doesnt like the flak from fans with unrealistic expectations, for his next job, he will go to a club where the fans are much more patient and lenient  :kasper:

Leeds fans never warmed to Wise and Poyet due to the long standing dislike 'tween Leeds and Chelsea.

I recall a few games towards the end of last season Leeds fans chanting "The Chelsea boys are taking us down!"

I cant see them being arsed at all.

Apparently he received a lot of stick when he got there, loads more when he went down, and its back again with a few poor results.

His wife's just had another baby and he cannot be fuked with the bunch of arseholes Leeds fans can be nevermind he cannot be bothered with management right now.

This is what i hear anyway.

Well I am sure if he doesnt like the flak from fans with unrealistic expectations, for his next job, he will go to a club where the fans are much more patient and lenient  :kasper:

And we will know about 1% of any work he does in his new role.

Apparently Ashley has got two people advising him, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere. Jimenez and Wise are mates and Vetere was a scout at Charlton and Real Madrid.

At least Sky are being the same with Leeds as they were with us.

They read out an email from some Leeds fan pleading with the club to get Sam Allardyce as replacement for Wise.

He'd probably take that job, on the basis that most Premier League clubs that might change their manager this season have done and the fact that it shouldn't be difficult to get Leeds promoted.

Apparently Ashley has got two people advising him, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere. Jimenez and Wise are mates and Vetere was a scout at Charlton and Real Madrid.

Did you get that from the Journo over on the Blackburn forum?

He posted this...

Keegan wanted Chimbonda, the 'experts' at the club said no.

Keegan wanted Woodgate, he is going elsewhere.

The guys behind the scenes want to sign young players that they fancy.

Keegan won't take much of this.

The circus is definitely in Toon.

There are two new powerful figures.

Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere. Jimenez is big mates with Dennis Wise and Vetere was a scout at Charlton and then Real Madrid. They are special advisers to Ashley and his other football chum Paul Kemsley, ex Tottenham number two.

Little KK has been out of the game for three years, knows very little about available players, and is starting to look like a figurehead to me.

Yes, Mark Hughes had a very narrow escape. I said all along he was too straight for that club. Perhaps you now know what I mean.

Guest nufcfan76

Er, um, "Our first priority is signings"- KK

"I was on the phone for 4 hours last night (with Shearer)."

Okay, so we need a number 2. Fine.

But:

Connected with Woodgate? Five words: injury record and games played. Smogs are having a laugh at Spuds right now.

In for Wise? Dennis Wise? Hardly sets the world alight with his weatlh of continental accumen, does he?

After a new chief scout? What's wrong with squeezing some talent/info out of the current one to get someone in (read below)?

WTF?  :idiot2:

Breaking the bank to get QUALITY PLAYERS in would be a pretty good idea right about now... I don't care if it's Tony Danza or Dennis the Menace advising, tbh. Be champions ffs and get them in.

At least everything is normal: one circus sideshow premiering after another.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

All I can think is that Ashley identified that we're soft touches and wants to bring out the street fighter in us.

Otherwise its the most bizarre appointment I can imagine.

Jimenez is new powerbroker at Newcastle

tribalfooball.com - January 18, 2008

Tony Jimenez is being hailed as Newcastle United's saviour after he influenced Kevin Keegan's shock return to Tyneside this week.

The Sun says Jimenez, a pal of Tottenham boss Juande Ramos and Mike Ashley's friend Paul Kemsley, has extensive contacts in the game through property deals. He is not an agent but is well respected for his football knowledge.

Between him, Ashley and chairman Chris Mort, they targeted Keegan.

They heard Keegan still had the passion for the cause and when they met on Wednesday they were not disappointed. The deal was signed and the Geordie republic began a party.

Jimenez will be playing a significant part in player recruitment and will be working with Mort.

Whoever Keegan targets it is the board's aim to give him what he wants. If they did not, there would be no point in Keegan being there

Hmmmmm ... the picture is becoming clearer.

So Dennis Wise is essentially going to be a DDoF type but under guidance from this Jimenez character as well as Vitere it seems.

It looks like Keegan will have to discuss any players he wants with all of these guys before a decision is made. I'm not sure it is a case of Keegan not being allowed to bring in the players he wants, hopefully not anyway. Ramos was tyalking about the setyp at Tottenham as far as recruiting players go and we might be adopting a similar strategy, as Jimenez is familiar with Ramos and Kelmsley with Tottenham.

Maybe this is why we have been linked with the likes of Guaray, Pandev, Modric etc. i think this summer could be very interesting.

Hmmmmm ... the picture is becoming clearer.

So Dennis Wise is essentially going to be a DDoF type but under guidance from this Jimenez character as well as Vitere it seems.

It looks like Keegan will have to discuss any players he wants with all of these guys before a decision is made. I'm not sure it is a case of Keegan not being allowed to bring in the players he wants, hopefully not anyway. Ramos was tyalking about the setyp at Tottenham as far as recruiting players go and we might be adopting a similar strategy, as Jimenez is familiar with Ramos and Kelmsley with Tottenham.

Maybe this is why we have been linked with the likes of Guaray, Pandev, Modric etc. i think this summer could be very interesting.

That or the papers/players make it up. I know what my money's on.