Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It may be that Wise sees this as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for a higher level club in the future, or at least move up a level. I'm not entirely sure that I see Wise as a member of 'backroom' staff in the long-term. I should imagine that he would look to get back into management after he has had a 'break' from the day to day running of a club within the next couple of years.

After all, it's not as though he's completely cocked up his job wherever he's been so there wouldn't be a reason to turn his back on management

Christ on a bike what is wrong with you people. First the ridiculous hype after the appointment of Keegan and now the immense disappointment of the Wise joining.

This is a man who has a took an average Leeds side into the play off positions with a fifteen point deduction.

He's joining as an executive manage NOT as a director of football so lets give the bloke a chance. Apparently he's the first of a few who are going to have a similar role, are we going to whinge when they're appointed.

The man's a total twat of a human being yes, but if he does a job that improves the club's current position then why complain...

Christ on a bike what is wrong with you people. First the ridiculous hype after the appointment of Keegan and now the immense disappointment of the Wise joining.

This is a man who has a took an average Leeds side into the play off positions with a fifteen point deduction.

He's joining as an executive manage NOT as a director of football so lets give the bloke a chance. Apparently he's the first of a few who are going to have a similar role, are we going to whinge when they're appointed.

The man's a total t*** of a human being yes, but if he does a job that improves the club's current position then why complain...

:clap:

I'm going to wake up in the shower soon, aren't I. Please tell me I'm going to wake up soon.

You're going to wake up in the shower yes, but Dennis' head will be poking through your curtain getting a good look at your footballs

All very interesting indeed, sounds like  BIG plan by Mort and Ashley, I am starting to settle a bit now :lol: this is not sounding to bad, I wonder who else they are looking at, Adams and Pearce for the same kind of roles?

Wise, Adams, Pearce !!

What is this, a cockney love in ?

Are our new owners determined to turn us into a pale imation chelsea or what.

Of all horrible cock-er-nies Wise is the most cock-er-ney and the most horrible.

New strip revealed for next season.

Maintains the central black & white theme, but offers a departure from the traditional striped motif.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1221/cockney2du1.jpg

Strange appointment on your behalf.

Also don't understand why he'd rather have some meaningless job upstairs at Newcastle than be the number 1 at Leeds. He would have been a hero for getting them promoted with the points deduction.

Odd that so many people are against this, but were quite happy to let Mark Hughes take the helm.

Also seemed to be alot of support for coleman as some sort of role with the club. I am not saying that the two are exactly the same but both have done relatively well and still young maybe a good compromise that the board was aiming for. Lots of experience from the manager and then a dynamic up and comming manager to take a key role at the club i.e shearer mold.

I am neither for or against this but can see it being a good thing as I dont want kev in on his own in the deep end with his history of cracking under pressure.

Strange appointment on your behalf.

Also don't understand why he'd rather have some meaningless job upstairs at Newcastle than be the number 1 at Leeds. He would have been a hero for getting them promoted with the points deduction.

We've probably trebled his wages.

Guest bobblyrage

Mort and Ashley have no experience in football and Keagan has never shown any interest in affairs beyond the first team so it seems fairly sensible to bring someone else in. I'd imagine Wise is being asked to run the academy, set up scouting networks etc to bring in players like Tozer and Kadar who wont be going straight to the first team squad. Also Allardyce said the training ground etc was rubbish, I'd imagine it'll be Wise who Mort consults about its redevelopment, as KK wont know/care about the facilities.

TBH KK would happily take training in Leazes park and doesnt really care about youth development/the academy. As long as Wise stays out of first team affairs and doesnt get in KK's way when it comes to transfers gonig straight to the first team squad I dont mind. Mort has taken some critiscm for not knowing enough about football to be a chairman, then gets stick for bringing in someone who has played and worked all through the game to advise him!

At the very least top agents will all know Wises phone number, so no-one need get their knickers in a twist about phone calls to the Chronicle!

Shall we just get it over with and give everyone in the rest of the country a big stick each, to bash us with?

What a bloody joke.  :thdn:

Mort and Ashley have no experience in football and Keagan has never shown any interest in affairs beyond the first team so it seems fairly sensible to bring someone else in. I'd imagine Wise is being asked to run the academy, set up scouting networks etc to bring in players like Tozer and Kadar who wont be going straight to the first team squad. Also Allardyce said the training ground etc was rubbish, I'd imagine it'll be Wise who Mort consults about its redevelopment, as KK wont know/care about the facilities.

TBH KK would happily take training in Leazes park and doesnt really care about youth development/the academy. As long as Wise stays out of first team affairs and doesnt get in KK's way when it comes to transfers gonig straight to the first team squad I dont mind. Mort has taken some critiscm for not knowing enough about football to be a chairman, then gets stick for bringing in someone who has played and worked all through the game to advise him!

At the very least top agents will all know Wises phone number, so no-one need get their knickers in a twist about phone calls to the Chronicle!

Yeah spot on. Hopefully once our youth side will get built up so we won't have to rely exclusively on getting players in from other clubs. To have a good range of quality youth players dying to fill the gaps left by injured first teamers, we'll be a lot more prepared for when things go tits up.

Leeds fans I know don't seem in the slightest bit bothered!!

Most think that since the departure of Poyet the team has become very average, Wise has one tactic and if that doesn't work - panic!

I'll just wait to see exactly what role he is going to play before worrying, I would guess that he will do the admin and paperwork side of things leaving Keegan to concentrate on the coaching side of things.

Leeds fans I know don't seem in the slightest bit bothered!!

Most think that since the departure of Poyet the team has become very average, Wise has one tactic and if that doesn't work - panic!

I'll just wait to see exactly what role he is going to play before worrying, I would guess that he will do the admin and paperwork side of things leaving Keegan to concentrate on the coaching side of things.

Apparently he received a lot of stick when he got there, loads more when he went down, and its back again with a few poor results.

His wife's just had another baby and he cannot be fuked with the bunch of arseholes Leeds fans can be nevermind he cannot be bothered with management right now.

This is what i hear anyway.