The Times: New "Continental" Setup at NUFC (Wise, Jimenez, Vetere)

Rich

it seems like keegan had to be aware of this plan but it also goes against the keegan way of doing things ie him being the main source of player finding etc

I hope its a case of Keegan telling them who or what he wants, his record is second to none at our club.

Here's some quotes fom Keegan in yesterdays Sunday Sun about Allardyce's scouting system...

“What a manager wants is as much information as he can get about players.

“At the end of the day, his judgement is in his eyes and in his experience in looking at players and how they are.

“But it’s good to know where players are. It’s good to know how hard they’re working. It’s good to know all about them, if only just to back up what you’re thinking."

I can see both Keegan and Wise having separate transfer budgets too, Keegan for improving the first team and Wise for bringing in some young, talented players like Arsenal and Chelsea have done.

Vetere sounds impressive (but he has worked most with Curbishley, and i can't remember a adventurous Curbishley signing)

It sounds like we'll go down the route most teams with a DOF take and sign young, cheap talent.

Bellamy, Dyer, Parker, Solano..........

Here's some quotes fom Keegan in yesterdays Sunday Sun about Allardyce's scouting system...

What a manager wants is as much information as he can get about players.

At the end of the day, his judgement is in his eyes and in his experience in looking at players and how they are.

But its good to know where players are. Its good to know how hard theyre working. Its good to know all about them, if only just to back up what youre thinking."

I can see both Keegan and Wise having separate transfer budgets too, Keegan for improving the first team and Wise for bringing in some young, talented players like Arsenal and Chelsea have done.

It does sound good in theory, putting it into practice will be interesting, Keegan should have all the information he needs in the summer.

It's all well and good identifying and getting talented young lads here, but surely we need the coaches here to develop them too.

I think Wise will run the whole academy and scouts from behind his desk, that includes employing better coaches to develop the youngsters.

Guest Erich von Manstein

It's all well and good identifying and getting talented young lads here, but surely we need the coaches here to develop them too.

Lee Clark spotted in JD Sports trying on some Adidas trackies tonight.

I like the structure a lot, but I'm not so sure about the individuals they've chosen to fill the roles.

I know nothing about the other two, but Denis Wise never struck me as the kind of person who would suit the kind of role he's going to be asked to fulfil at NUFC. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people come and go before things settle down, a bit like the other clubs where things like this have happened (Spurs, Chelsea, etc).

One potential sticky issue I can foresee is that Wise is probably going to find how difficult it is to try to get players/coaches etc to come to the North East.

Keegan knew how to sell the place, the fans, the area. Dennis Wise wont be able to do that.

A long time ago people were scratching their heads when Arsene Wenger arrived at Newcastle from the Japanese league. Grampian 8 or something was the team he was in charge of iirc.

This sounds good. Very good.

One potential sticky issue I can foresee is that Wise is probably going to find how difficult it is to try to get players/coaches etc to come to the North East.

Keegan knew how to sell the place, the fans, the area. Dennis Wise wont be able to do that.

That's Jimenez' job, not Wise's, apparently.

I suppose it'll be more of a team thing though, and that Keegan will be involved if necessary.

I would imagine that KK will have the final say on all players/will be involved in negotiations if possible, and that he'll have more or less full say over the coaches. At least you'd hope this to be the case.

The only way this works is if people work within their roles, keep the ego in check, and work together. There is a lot that can go wrong (see Spurs with Jol), but there's also a lot of positive that can be done.

Never boring here, as they say. Love it.

PS: I've updated the first post as well, because George Caulkin has written another article about this in the Times.

Guest the_guv_nor

Lee Clark spotted in JD Sports trying on some Adidas trackies tonight.

:lol:

That's Jimenez' job, not Wise's, apparently.

I suppose it'll be more of a team thing though, and that Keegan will be involved if necessary.

I would imagine that KK will have the final say on all players/will be involved in negotiations if possible, and that he'll have more or less full say over the coaches. At least you'd hope this to be the case.

The only way this works is if people work within their roles, keep the ego in check, and work together. There is a lot that can go wrong (see Spurs with Jol), but there's also a lot of positive that can be done.

Never boring here, as they say. Love it.

PS: I've updated the first post as well, because George Caulkin has written another article about this in the Times.

We must be the media's dream. Every day something new seems to happen that makes people go "Fuck".

Never dull. Fucking magic.

A long time ago people were scratching their heads when Arsene Wenger arrived at Newcastle from the Japanese league. Grampian 8 or something was the team he was in charge of iirc.

Grampus 8, Brother BigTRon. It was Grampus 8.

Or was it Grandpa's 8?

Does anybody know what Jeff Vetere did at Real Madrid? I am personally not all that excited by the changes, but will judge this new management team on the players they either target or bring in. It is pessimistic of me to say, and based on absolutely nothing, but I just have a bad feeling that it wont work in the slightest.

My head is spinning. I'm a bit frightened, tbh.

Looks good from what we can read there. Nay worries.

Parky doing his usual, building it all up before it comes crashing down into doom and gloom in a few months.

You are a human big dipper, my son :razz:

It's difficult, but having no expectations (or trying to have as few as possible) makes for a much easier (albeit less exciting) life supporting this club.