The Times: New "Continental" Setup at NUFC (Wise, Jimenez, Vetere)

Rich

this is a bit off-beat, but its funny that continental names like Jimenez and Vetere are preceeded by good old British names, Tony and Jeff!

tony........italian ?

English?  Shortened version of Anthony?

italian ? shortened version antonio

this is a bit off-beat, but its funny that continental names like Jimenez and Vetere are preceeded by good old British names, Tony and Jeff!

tony........italian ?

OK.  It could be either.  Put the 3 together though, Den, Tony and Jeff and it sounds like we've got ourselves a trio of cockney doimand geezas.

This is some really sexy stuff. So, so freakin' sexy.

I can't fault this setup at all, and there is no way in hell Mort and Ashley will let these guys undermine Keegan. the repurcussions would be massively negative.

The way I see it they have brought in these guys to keep Keegan informed of the hotest players out there and he then just has to pick the ones he fancies.

ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS!!!

It's about time.

tony........italian ?

Italian? Toni rather than english Tony?

Does anybody know what Jeff Vetere did at Real Madrid? I am personally not all that excited by the changes, but will judge this new management team on the players they either target or bring in. It is pessimistic of me to say, and based on absolutely nothing, but I just have a bad feeling that it wont work in the slightest.

Well the previous setup we've had for several decades hasn't worked so lets try this then.

This is some really sexy stuff. So, so freakin' sexy.

I can't fault this setup at all, and there is no way in hell Mort and Ashley will let these guys undermine Keegan. the repurcussions would be massively negative.

The way I see it they have brought in these guys to keep Keegan informed of the hotest players out there and he then just has to pick the ones he fancies.

ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS!!!

It's about time.

Maybe need to calm down a little. Could could fantastically pear shaped but things seem to be progressing in the right direction

People really shouldn't be so hung up on Wise he is only a small part of this, and obviously has a relationship with the other two guys , so no harm done.

It's not like we just randomly plaucked him out of nowhere! he is close to jimenez who really seems like the big catch for us along with Vitere.

Dennis fooking Wise!!!! Tony Jimenez a property developer, sounds Spanish to me & everyone knows how long the Spanish take to build a property & the standards they work too. Jeff Vetere sacked by Charlton where he was Charlton overseas co-ordinator & at this point I am thinking which foreign players did Charlton sign that were good.

WE ARE DOOMED :frantic:

Joking aside I am sure it will all work out.  If these chaps can boost the juniors ranks great. If they can find players & present them to the King to decidede  :thdn: :thup: that would not of been on his radar otherwise great. We have to try & get ahead of the agents & I think this setup may give us a chance.

We also have to remember Mort is building up a management team so he can f*** off back to his real job & Mike Ashley can concentrate on selling the new range of Donnay socks rather worrying about the day-to-day goings on of the most hectic club side in the world.

I wonder if Tony Jimenez, a property developer, may in fact have a look at a ground expansion, or even the plans that were going to come in before the takeover, it would be great to see that get back on track, not just for the club, but for the City.

One thing that can be said about your club. It is - at the moment - not even remotely boring.

What i mean is, a couple of weeks ago, with all the names being thrown around, who on earth would have guessed at Keegan returning with Dennis Wise involved somewhere.

It really is remarkable.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3267400.ece

Newcastle United’s attempt to restructure the club means that a new team will be in place behind the scenes at St James’ Park. One is a familiar face, but the other two newcomers are less well known.

Dennis Wise

St James’ Park, it seems, has an eternal fascination for football’s bad boys. Wise would point out that he is a different person from the snarling character who was adored by Chelsea fans and loathed by just about everyone else. He has overcome scepticism from Leeds United fans, as well as a 15-point deduction, to hoist the club into a strong position in Coca-Cola League One.

Yet the 41-year-old is understood to be pining for a break from management - he has also had spells at Millwall, Southampton (as caretaker) and Swindon Town. His family have not settled in Yorkshire and his new role – which can be filed under the bracket of general manager – should allow him to spend two or three days a week at his Buckinghamshire home.

Duties beckoning for Wise will include scouting, but Kevin Keegan, the manager, will have the final say on acquisitions. Chris Mort, the chairman, has also placed great emphasis on developing the club’s academy.

Tony Jimenez

Set to be named Newcastle’s new vice-president today, he is a friend of Paul Kemsley, the former Tottenham Hotspur vice-chairman. In turn, Kemsley is tight with Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, while Jimenez has a long association with Wise, having established a wide network of contacts in football through his background in property development. So the circle is squared.

Related Links

Wise quits Leeds to join Newcastle revolution

Wise’s departure another hurdle for Leeds

Jimenez has a reputation as a Mr Fixit, having played a significant role in Tottenham’s capture of Juande Ramos. He was also instrumental in Keegan’s return to Tyneside. He will grease the wheels for transfer deals to be finalised. The model being established is a continental one, where young, talented players are targeted and either integrated into the first team or sold at a profit. Keegan, who knew about the plans before returning to Newcastle, is said to be satisfied that there will be no interference in his domain.

A former director of Casa Sports Holdings Ltd, an agency whose clients included Celestine Babayaro, who had an ill-fated period at Newcastle, Jiminez was in Spain last night, scouting for youth-team players.

Jeff Vetere

A former apprentice at Luton Town, he rose from a youth coaching role at Rushden & Diamonds to become Charlton Athletic’s overseas scouting co-ordinator. Fluent in Italian and Spanish, he has since worked for Real Madrid but will take the title of technical director, which will mean an international scouting role. Credited with an encyclopaedic knowledge of footballers, Vetere will be expected to use his broad range of skills to help Newcastle to restock their youth and reserve ranks with exciting prospects.

not sure if this had been posted