Emre

steve_69

This happens every single time he's injured or suspended, he then plays and is rubbish as usual. Can't people twig on to this?

Got to agree. He's let us down every time.

Still rather play him than Rozehnal though.

I don't think I've ever seen Emre use his right foot tbh.

Doesn't make him a bad player, Solano was all right foot.

I think Emre is a very good player, hopefully back in the line up on Sunday to partner Butt, shifting N'Zogbia out on the wing.

I think he said this because Bontempi wants Emre on the right-wing...

I'd actually like to see Emre and Milner start in the centre with Zog and Duff on the wings - all out attack.

I reckon Milner could be really effective in a more central role - he loves running at defenders, he can shoot from distance and he can use both feet. He's wasted on the wing because he's so predictable - his crossing on the run is gash and he's not quick enough to beat the league's top fullbacks.

Absolutely

Milner's game is calling out for him to be played in the center imo. He can play behind a front two, or in the middle with Barton or Emre. We don't need a defensive mid. We just need players to play with a game plan and a spring in their step.

Guest Erich von Manstein

I don't think I've ever seen Emre use his right foot tbh.

Doesn't make him a bad player, Solano was all right foot.

I think Emre is a very good player, hopefully back in the line up on Sunday to partner Butt, shifting N'Zogbia out on the wing.

I think he said this because Bontempi wants Emre on the right-wing...

He'd probably do a better job than Milner at the moment!

Emre has the ability and can create stuff, he is a right radgey bastard though so you always feel he will go and kick someone (ala Stoke). Him and barton may be worth a shot. Emre is not a winger, Milner might be out of sorts but emre wouldn't work out wide. Maybe duff on the right and the zog on the left.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Emre has the ability and can create stuff, he is a right radgey bastard though so you always feel he will go and kick someone (ala Stoke). Him and barton may be worth a shot. Emre is not a winger, Milner might be out of sorts but emre wouldn't work out wide. Maybe duff on the right and the zog on the left.

Faye and Emre will do for me when the former returns from international duty. Butt is not good enough anymore and struggles to get around the pitch and his passing is woeful.

Another priority is a right winger for me in the summer, Milner's form is hot and cold and there's rarely and end product. Lot's of deadwood in the squad at the moment but I don't think Emre is included in that.

emre is such an enigma, but i just think that he would be exactly what we need, the boy is never short of confidence and is always looking for the ball, the biggest problemi saw in our midfiled last night was that no players wanted to come to the ball except for Duff, i think Emre has a natural want for the ball and Emre in possession is capable of anything, i think the problem we've have we Emre is that he hasnt been playing for a team which has had a lot of possession, we have alot of possession against arsenal the first game, and we had a decent amount the second half of the second game, thats a massive rarity for any team. Its these little things which are gonna make the differences.

I still think he could be a key player for us, put a competent DM behind him and with a decent amount of possission and link up play i think we will see him flourish. We;re crying our for a link up man, Emre is the mna, im sure.

Agee with the post earlier saying you don't necessarily need a DM the whole time- Emre and Barton in the middle would put in enough tackles. No disrespect to Butt as he's been one of our better players this season (not hard to be fair), but I think he drags the team down a little with his total lack of speed and inability to pass the ball to someone on the same team. Also agree with the idea of trying Milner in the middle, seems to have the attributes (likes taking players on, decent shot on him, actually not bad in the tackle, good with both feet, tireless) but don't think it's even crossed the mind of any of our management/coaching staff.

I think Emre has really suffered due to the lack of good managers here. I agree that he's been inconsistent at best, but just think if a manager gives him a fair crack and he can stay injury free (he hasn't been injured for a while to be fair) and lets him play to his strenghts, i.e. focusing almost entirely on his creative duty, he could be a real asset. Problem is the total lack of pace, but if he can get some through balls into Owen/get the ball to Viduka's feet, it could help. I think he's our only truly talented attacking midfield player and hopefully KK can bring the very best out of him.

Better than Smith, anyway.

Guest float one in

I had given up on Emre, cos he's had enough opportunities. It's all very well saying he hasn't had a sustained run of games, he's been playing under clueless managers in a rubbish team etc etc, but if you're a genuine top class centre mid (as supposedly he is, according to the reports you read when he was at Galatasaray and Inter), you should be able to stamp your authority on games and really dominate the play. I'm not saying every match - not even Gerard does that - but at least more often than not. Emre has hardly ever done this, if at all.

BUT, I've got faith in KK. If anyone can turn him into a good consistent midfielder its Keegan. Look what he did for Rob Lee. Even Venison. And Clarkie was nothing more than promising before KK arrived, after which he was a very good Premier League centre mid for the best part of a decade, either with us, Fulham or the Mackems. We've got to give him another chance - we're paying his wages til the end of the season whether we play him or not, and he does seem to be the most talented ball player at the club (something we are crying out for), so lets see what he can do under KK!

Howay Emre son, show us what you can do!

This happens every single time he's injured or suspended, he then plays and is rubbish as usual. Can't people twig on to this?

Well, he hasn't played most games this season and our midfield has looked more shite than ever before. If he's bad it doesn't say much for those in posession of the shirt right now.

Well, he hasn't played most games this season and our midfield has looked more shite than ever before. If he's bad it doesn't say much for those in posession of the shirt right now.

I would have him straight in on Sunday

Guest ObaStar

think he probably will. Hopefully its him and barton. If they can play as well as they are capable of doing they wil bring the team up a few levels.

think he probably will. Hopefully its him and barton. If they can play as well as they are capable of doing they wil bring the team up a few levels.

the whole problem of this team is living up to their capabilities.

emre tends to play well when coming back frominjury/off the bech. but whengiven a run doesnt fulfill

If anyone is to benefit from Keegans return it is Emre.

Since his arrival we are still waiting to see the best out of him, despite early glimpses of what he is capable of.

Be it fitness, being played out of position, or motivational issues Emre hasnt flourished here.

Under Souness he looked his best early on, although Souness wanted to convert him to a DM, combined with a bad year with injuries it didnt happen for him.

Under Roeder he was deployed mainly on the left wing, amoungst another poor injury run and when he got back on course got hit with the racism charges.

Under Allardyce, he was never rated to an extent frozen out, unmotivated and largely unfit.

Whilst Souness was close to be unto something, DM or a deep seated playmaker isnt his best role, although he does have the vision and ability to play passes from deep.

For the first time he can and I believe will be used as an attacking midfielder. His best games for us have come when he sat either behind the front two or in a free attacking role. In early games he actually looked dangerous running at people and dribbling through the centre.

Attacking freedom, coupled with Keegans motivation and some luck with his fitness I think Emre can really push on and become the player we heard he was.

Emre out to repay Keegan’s support

Feb 2 2008 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

EMRE is aiming to justify Kevin Keegan’s glittering praise of his ability when he returns to the Newcastle side against Middlesbrough tomorrow.

Emre celebrates after scoring against Reading

The Turkey international struggled to convince former manager Sam Allardyce he deserved a regular spot in the starting XI, but that will quickly change under Keegan who said the presence of the former Inter Milan star was a major plus point for him.

It looks as though Emre – who returns from a three-game suspension tomorrow following his sending-off in the FA Cup against Stoke City – will be given a vital role to play in Keegan’s new-look side after he revealed how excited he is about the new manager’s plans.

Had Allardyce not been replaced as manager last month, Emre may well have been sacrificed to raise transfer funds, but Keegan is adamant he would have made the signing of a player of Emre’s style his first priority if he did not already have the 27-year-old at his disposal.

“He offers us another option that none of the other players can quite offer us,” said Keegan. “He’s different to anything else we’ve got and you need players like that around. I’ve always had them at my club and, if I haven’t had them, I’ve always gone and bought one or two. You can go back to Scott Sellars or Peter Beardsley, or Eyal Berkovic at Manchester City.

“The fact we’ve already got a player like that here is a plus for me. I’ve always believed there is a place in a team, at least one, for a creative player. I’ve always managed to accommodate one, even though some people say you can’t.

“With that type of player, you don’t get 10 out 10 in every thing you want. But you don’t get that from players who give you 100% energy in everything they do. Some managers have teams full of those, but I think there is a place in the team for a player like Emre. A player who can unlock a door when games are really tight. I think we’ve missed that.”

Keegan also admitted he had tried to sign Emre for Manchester City when he was at Inter Milan and such a glowing endorsement is bound to give the Turk an extra spring in his step against Boro.

“I was becoming frustrated this season because, although Sam Allardyce said nice things about me, I wasn’t playing,” said Emre, who has only started seven games this season. “I wasn’t playing

regularly and I couldn’t show my best when I was playing one game and then going back on the bench. I was happy with Sam sometimes, I believe he’s a good man, but I need to play more to find the consistency he wanted. I hardly played in three months.

“He had other options in midfield and he preferred to pick them. I accepted it because I was a professional, but it was hard. I never wanted to leave Newcastle because I’m happy, I like the people here, I just wanted to play more.

“I worked very hard for my shirt and I wanted to be on the pitch every game. Maybe my style of football did not suit the old manager as much, he had other choices. I think that will change now.” And it did not take long for Keegan’s infectious enthusiasm to seize Emre as he described his first meeting with the new manager.

He said: “I’m very happy with the new manager and the dressing room is very happy. Everybody believes in Kevin Keegan and we look forward to playing for him. We know he is a big legend for everyone in English football, but especially in Newcastle.

“The first time I saw his face I could understand everything people said about him. The first time I talked to him, I knew he was a manager I would like playing for. He’s spoken with every player and he has given us all belief, but we need to start winning games again to show that.

“I’ve played for five years at Galatasaray and for five years at Inter Milan, and I know what sort of atmosphere there is in the dressing room. Everyone is laughing and smiling again at Newcastle.

“The players have to believe in the manager and they do believe in Kevin Keegan. If you believe in the manager you can do your best, that is certainly how it is with me. We believe he is a really honest man and I think everything will be okay for Kevin Keegan and Newcastle United.”

Nevertheless, with Newcastle failing to score, let alone win a game since Keegan’s dramatic return to St James’s Park, Emre admitted it is up to the players to justify the manager’s faith.

He added: “When I feel confident I can show my best. Kevin Keegan came to see me play for Inter Milan when he was at Manchester City and he has told me this. I know he wanted me then and that’s important for me. That was four years ago, but we are together now.

“I have to show him my quality, but I know he believes in me and that’s important. The manager believes in all the players and we have to justify that now. That is the challenge for us.”

Well it looks like hes in tomorrow and we need him like never before ,i would ditch Butt and have Barton centre with Emre  and Milner ,Duff on the flanks if Enrique is still out .As its been mentioned before you dont need a DM if the midfield get up and down the pitch and cover each others runs .

I do not think Emre has really shown us what he can do, its a worry as he has been here a good while now but also seems to suffer a lot of injuries, if he can however get a run of games under KK then I think we will start to see him  creating a bit of magic and unlocking a few defences

He will need hard working players around him though, he will of course have to track back and work hard, but if its all left down to Emre and another player in the middle then I think we will see him getting a few cards and some of them red, he can snap and lash out at times, revenge tackles are part of his game sadly.

Got to agree. He's let us down every time.

Still rather play him than Rozehnal though.

got a good chance to "redeem" himself and show is skill on a regular basis now.