Newcastle v Middlesbrough Sun 3rd Feb @ 13:30

Skirge

`legend` :D.....

--------------------------------------------------

Boro, not United, will take derby day spoils, says ex-star

MIDDLESBROUGH legend Craig Hignett today tipped his former club to take the derby spoils at Newcastle on Sunday.

Gareth Southgate's men travel to St James's Park (kick-off 1.30pm) looking to build on Tuesday night's win over Wigan – a result that saw Boro move five points clear of the drop zone and just two points behind Newcastle.

Things are not looking so rosy on Tyneside as Kevin Keegan is still looking for his first win and first goal since returning to the Newcastle hotseat.

Former Boro star Hignett, who won three and lost one of his games against the Mags during his Boro career, said Southgate's men could hold the edge, especially following the arrival of record signing Afonso Alves late last night.

Hignett said: "I am going to go for Boro.

"I think they could be a really strong team by signing a new centre-forward.

"They don't give away a lot of goals – it is just scoring them that has been the problem.

"League form goes out the window in derbies but Boro are in slightly better form than Newcastle at the moment.

"It is exciting times at Newcastle at the moment though with Keegan returning. He will be trying to lift the troops.

"I always looked forward to the derbies. I am not sure that with all the overseas players that play for both sides now that they know how much it means to the supporters.

"Boro fans will work with Newcastle and S

underland fans and they will be desperate to get the bragging rights."

Hignett said he had been taken aback by Keegan's return to management and reckoned the pressure levels would already be cranking up at St James's Park.

The 38-year-old added that Sam Allardyce should have been given more time to turn things around at the club.

Hignett said: "I think Newcastle fans expect anyone who takes the job to turn it around immediately.

"I am not sure Sam Allardyce was given a fair crack of the whip, 24 games is no time to bring in some new players, get rid of the ones you don't want and set out a new system.

"The big thing up there is the football they want to watch and if the manager does not bring that immediately, the fans turn against him.

"I don't think they will have what they had with Keegan before though when they had the Shearers and Ginolas playing great football."

Not sure what I think about this one the heart says we will roll them over, but the teamwork is just not there at the moment. it loks like we are having probs with personel with the Zog blowin a fuse and Roz having a tantrum and storming off. Still little Mickey has been so por recently, so surely with the England team being wittled dwn, he will have to have a good game. But where are the chances coming from. I hope that Emre, Barton and Butt are the core of the midfield with Mickey up front with the unpredictable amoebi or give lua lua a run out

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Beye      Taylor    Cacapa        Enrique

Milner      Faye        Emre          Zog

Owen        Viduka

I hope we win! Will be interesting to see how the lads turn out today. Hopefully the crowd isn't expecting too much too early after the last two losses, and that will take the pressure of them a bit and allow a bit of passing and running which could easily open Boro up if V-Bomber or Owen are in the right frame of mind.

Watching the Arse mauling City should put our poor games against them in perspective. Should be a big confidence booster for our lads.

Mabey what I have been trying to say...

Guest float one in

This pundit reckons we'll lose 2-0:

http://www.previzzle.co.uk/

fo’ shizzle

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say

But nothin comes out when they move they lips

Just a buncha gibberish

And muthafuckas act like they forgot about Beye.

:lol: