Newcastle v Middlesbrough Sun 3rd Feb @ 13:30

Skirge

I'll hoy my team prediction in before I bugger off for the train back:

Given

Carr    Taylor    Cacapa    N'Zogbia

Milner      Butt      Emre      Duff

Owen    Viduka

SUBS: Harper, Edgar, Barton, Smith, Ameobi.

Not as easy to call as usual, but I think the major decision is between Barton and Emre in the middle of the park alongside Butt, personally, I'm pretty confident on the rest of the line-up being so.

I really really hope Viduka can play. He would be a massive improvet on the squard!

Also hope Barton and Emre will play centermidfield and that Duff plays RW and Zog LW. Milner need I break.

I really really hope Viduka can play. He would be a massive improvet on the squard!

Also hope Barton and Emre will play centermidfield and that Duff plays RW and Zog LW. Milner need I break.

Agree on all points! :thup: Especially Barton and Emre in CM, would love for them to work on a partnership

V Boro at the moment:

Given

Edgar  Taylor  Cacapa   Enrique

Milner    Barton   Emre   Zoggy   

Duff

Owen   

Subs Harper, Butt, Lua Lua, Viduka, Carroll/Smith/Ameobi

Something different. Let's try and create. Keep it on the deck. Duff in creative (beardsley) free role. Owen lurking up top getting in good positions when we rip them open (optimistic i know). Carr no where near the team. Barton's a risk i know, judgement call from KK needed there, but Butt and Smith are poor.  

V Boro at the moment:

Given

Edgar  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner    Barton  Emre  Zoggy 

Duff

Owen 

Subs Harper, Butt, Lua Lua, Viduka, Carroll/Smith/Ameobi

Let's try and create. Keep it on the deck. Duff in creative (beardsley) free role. Owen lurking up top. Carr no where near the team. Barton's a risk i know, judgement call from KK needed there, but Butt and Smith are poor. 

Dropping Carr for Edgar? surprised at that, I think  Carr has been much improved since his return and well deserves his place, of course I would still drop him for Beye when he returns.

Guest johnson293

Seeing as Beye didn't even play yesterday, he should definitely be in contention IMO. Anyway, there is no way Edgar should be ahead of Carr as RB.

Even though he wont have met either of Beye/Faye (unless they got back today), or either of our other African players or had them in training, I would guess that KK would have watched some recent videos of them, so that he had an idea where/how to play them as soon as they were available to him.

Providing neither are suffering from fatigue (travelling), then he may have seen enough to think that Beye is certainly better than Carr, and that Faye could replace either a centre haf, or do a job for him as a DM.

If Faye and Beye are back I'd play:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Duff  Faye    Emre    N'Zogbia

Owen    Viduka

Milner is off form so would rest him, bring in Carr and Butt for Beye and Faye if necessary.

more than just the result's important here.

keegan had 2 days before bolton (not much chance to do much though i did see a massive change in style) then arsenal away twice. sunday is really the first game where he's had time to affect things.

heres hoping

Viduka's possible return could be the key as he will actually have the ball played into his feet and be able to create things.

I would play Emre but just hope he performs coz every time we look forward to him coming back he is crap.

Reckon Boro will come and sit and look to hit us on the break but if we get an early goal then we could win comfortable as we have the players to hit them on the counter attack.

If Beye and Faye are back i'd go with:

...............Given

Beye...Faye...Taylor...Enrique

Duff...Milner...Emre...N'Zogbia

.........Owen...Viduka/Shola

If not:

................Given

Carr...Taylor...Cacapa...Enrique

Duff...Milner...Emre...N'Zogbia

..........Owen...Viduka/Shola

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1231009,00.html

Viduka Set To Face Former Club

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan has confirmed that Mark Viduka will return to the Newcastle United squad for Sunday's Tyne-Tees derby at St.James' Park.

The Aussie star picked up a calf injury in KK's first training session as Magpie boss prior to the goalless draw with Bolton a fortnight ago.

But Keegan told Newcastle World TV on Friday that the 32-year-old should be OK to face his former club.

"We've got one training session to go before the game but hopefully Mark will be involved," explained the gaffer.

"We've got one or two other niggles but nothing serious."

Good news.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1231009,00.html

Viduka Set To Face Former Club

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan has confirmed that Mark Viduka will return to the Newcastle United squad for Sunday's Tyne-Tees derby at St.James' Park.

The Aussie star picked up a calf injury in KK's first training session as Magpie boss prior to the goalless draw with Bolton a fortnight ago.

But Keegan told Newcastle World TV on Friday that the 32-year-old should be OK to face his former club.

"We've got one training session to go before the game but hopefully Mark will be involved," explained the gaffer.

"We've got one or two other niggles but nothing serious."

Good news.

Still nothing on Enrique?

So if by some miracle Beye and Faye are back and can play then..

----------------Given

Beye----Cacapa-----Faye------Duff

Milner----Barton-------Emre------Zoggy

----------Owen------Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Carr

Taylor

Butt

Smith

OR

----------------Given

Beye----Taylor------Cacapa------Duff

Milner----Faye-------Emre------Zoggy

----------Owen-----Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Carr

Edgar

Barton

Butt

Reckon Pearsons trying to do the Robot.

http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/79465561.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935E8AB2A78FA701DEAD585CF6E89A4E2A

Looks more like he is showing them how to ride a donkey. :D

So, nobody knows if Beye and Faye are back (probably not)

Viduka and Barton back in squad, and could both start.

No mention of Enrique, but KK is quoted as saying "one or two niggles, nothing serious" so he could well be back as well.