Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

major improvement on all these trophy signings

Aye, you'd think so until you notice it's actually Michael Bridges who's changed his name by Deed Poll.

so you are happy with signing 17 year old kids, where one out of twenty or something will make the premiership, and are confident we will match the top 4 teams under such a policy

I will tell you here and now, you can believe all the hype bollocks, cliches or whatever you have done in the past, but you will NEVER match the top 4 teams unless you have players that they themselves want, and sometimes that means paying top dollar for these despicable "trophy" players.

If you disagree, I wait for the response when Keegan makes his first decent money signing.

I think the transfer policy so far under Ashley has been an absolute disaster.

I agree, for a club with massive ambition and supposedly loads of cash to splash, extremely dissapointing. 

Who did you expect to come here? As big as our wallet may be, are we really an attractive proposition? Shit, mid table, mediocre. Not good grounds for a move.

Aye, you'd think so until you notice it's actually Michael Bridges who's changed his name by Deed Poll.

so you are happy with signing 17 year old kids, where one out of twenty or something will make the premiership, and are confident we will match the top 4 teams under such a policy

I will tell you here and now, you can believe all the hype bollocks, cliches or whatever you have done in the past, but you will NEVER match the top 4 teams unless you have players that they themselves want, and sometimes that means paying top dollar for these despicable "trophy" players.

If you disagree, I wait for the response when Keegan makes his first decent money signing.

Yes and no. Arsenal haven't got where they are today by buying trophy players, but whether we have the wherewithal to copy their strategy remains to be seen. Regardless, assuming these longer-term signings aren't at the expense of more immediate first-teamers, I have no problem with giving it a crack.

Guest icemanblue

Aye, it's all a terrible fucking disgrace.  We obviously haven't bothered trying to sign anyone just to piss of the little lads on the forums. 

Does nobody here think we tried to make additions, but weren't successful? If so, why the fuck is that so disgraceful?!

Does anybody think that Keegan is being a yes man to a DOF or something, which is supposed to be a sooper dooper system that guarantees success ?

Surely now the fat bastard has gone there isn't another board/chairman/owner sticking their nose into the clubs transfer targets ?

Jeeezuz.........whatever next I wonder. The major shareholder/owner allowing someone else with total control over the club ?

Does anybody think that Keegan is being a yes man to a DOF or something, which is supposed to be a sooper dooper system that guarantees success ?

Surely now the fat bastard has gone there isn't another board/chairman/owner sticking their nose into the clubs transfer targets ?

Jeeezuz.........whatever next I wonder. The major shareholder/owner allowing someone else with total control over the club ?

http://www.camdenny.com/oneidalake/fishing.jpg

what is the problem with singing young players for the future? didn't you say that N'Zogbia was the most talented player at our club a couple of days ago? and he was signed this way.

if we can bring in promising talents and hopefully develop them along then i don't see the problem. it is low-risk and every so often this policy will yield good results. as long as it is pursued alongside first-team transfers i dont see any negatives. and i think bringing in the technical directors ensures that the two recruitment policies exist side by side.

Aye, it's all a terrible f****** disgrace.  We obviously haven't bothered trying to sign anyone just to piss of the little lads on the forums. 

Does nobody here think we tried to make additions, but weren't successful? If so, why the f*** is that so disgraceful?!

Exactly. These are the people who expected Diego, Naldo or Deco to walk through the door.

I will say what I said in the summer. We are not an attractive prospect, we have fallen behind (big style). Best way to move forward is with young, hungry players, not big name, big money players (which we could never attract anyway) IMO.

So head-hunting a well respected scout from Real Madrid and having him sign some of the best young talent from around the world is a bad policy!?

What planet are you on?

If we sign 20 young prospects at 300,000 each, that's £6m - the price of one Alan Smith.

Some won't make the grade but some will, and they will either play for us or be sold at a profit. If you can't see the benefit of that then you're a fool.

Why anyone would have a problem with signing a highly-rated, potentially quite good young player is beyond me. 

Because its not Albert Luque.

So head-hunting a well respected scout from Real Madrid and having him sign some of the best young talent from around the world is a bad policy!?

What planet are you on?

If we sign 20 young prospects at 300,000 each, that's £6m - the price of one Alan Smith.

Some won't make the grade but some will, and they will either play for us or be sold at a profit. If you can't see the benefit of that then you're a fool.

:thup: exactly.

what is the problem with singing young players for the future? didn't you say that N'Zogbia was the most talented player at our club a couple of days ago? and he was signed this way.

if we can bring in promising talents and hopefully develop them along then i don't see the problem. it is low-risk and every so often this policy will yield good results. as long as it is pursued alongside first-team transfers i dont see any negatives. and i think bringing in the technical directors ensures that the two recruitment policies exist side by side.

Good post.

It seems people are envious of Wenger's achievements at Arsenal yet don't want to see the same set up implemented here. Strange.

Good post.

It seems people are envious of Wenger's achievements at Arsenal yet don't want to see the same set up implemented here. Strange.

Iz becoz we canna parayde dem lyek. If dey not heard of dem den they must be shit innit?!

I remember you once saying to someone that even if people disagreed with me, I knew what I was talking about and backed up what I say with solid fact and knew as much if not more about the club than anyone else on here.

So I'll make no excuse for pointing out the irony spouted by people - including you - as you appear unable to respond to what you know is fact.

Shame, may think a bit more of you if you weren't so evasive in these situations, but to be fair, you aren't alone.

Guest billy askew

Have a shake of your head man.

I for one am delighted we have not spent big money on transfers in the window, Keegan has 14 games left to asses the squad & backroom staff and will have the summer to plan for next season (a time of year when you are more likely to get clubs to sell players). I belive Keegan would not have accepted the job without having BIG money to spend.

I am also delighted that we are starting to look for players here there and everywhere (has not done Arsenal any harm). It is right that most of them will not make it big (there are plenty at Arsenal who do not make the grade but you do not hear about these ones) the point is though some might and you may save a small fortune and further on down the line use that money on proven talent players who are at there peak.

As for having a pop at Ashley he has got rid of Shepherd (banned him from the ground everyone should know why), paid off the clubs debt. We were in a much bigger mess before he came.

What do you mean by trophy signings the likes of (Kaka stuff of dreams but unrealistic) or the likes of Kluivert (washed up wasters). In my opinion in the summer we need to be looking at the likes of Bentley players who have the potential to move foward much bigger names(who are still in their prime) would probably not entertain us AT THE MOMENT.

I remember you once saying to someone that even if people disagreed with me, I knew what I was talking about and backed up what I say with solid fact and knew as much if not more about the club than anyone else on here.

So I'll make no excuse for pointing out the irony spouted by people - including you - as you appear unable to respond to what you know is fact.

Shame, may think a bit more of you if you weren't so evasive in these situations, but to be fair, you aren't alone.

My point is that you were quite clearly fishing, perhaps you would get more bites if you were less obvious about your intentions.

Good post.

Iz becoz we canna parayde dem lyek. If dey not heard of dem den they must be shit innit?!

seems like deja vue here. Under Souness we were told that it was fine to clear out the bad eggs because Alex Ferguson did, now we are being told its OK buying a load of 17 year olds because Arsene Wenger has.

Quite incredible the complete rubbish that people get suckered into believing, and all because the fat bastard ate all their pies or something.........

Not to mention, that Bobby Robson has been down the same path and didn't match Wenger ie Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Gavilan,

Cort, Cordone, Jeanarse, Lua Lua, Bassedas, O'Brien.............. his best buys for the club being Woodgate, Bellamy and Robert by a country mile.

Have a shake of your head man.

I for one am delighted we have not spent big money on transfers in the window, Keegan has 14 games left to asses the squad & backroom staff and will have the summer to plan for next season (a time of year when you are more likely to get clubs to sell players). I belive Keegan would not have accepted the job without having BIG money to spend.

I am also delighted that we are starting to look for players here there and everywhere (has not done Arsenal any harm). It is right that most of them will not make it big (there are plenty at Arsenal who do not make the grade but you do not hear about these ones) the point is though some might and you may save a small fortune and further on down the line use that money on proven talent players who are at there peak.

As for having a pop at Ashley he has got rid of Shepherd (banned him from the ground everyone should know why), paid off the clubs debt. We were in a much bigger mess before he came.

What do you mean by trophy signings the likes of (Kaka stuff of dreams but unrealistic) or the likes of Kluivert (washed up wasters). In my opinion in the summer we need to be looking at the likes of Bentley players who have the potential to move foward much bigger names(who are still in their prime) would probably not entertain us AT THE MOMENT.

I'm pleased you think we are having a great season.

I am also pleased for you that you condemn football clubs having debts, insinuating such a thing means they have shite boards. Did you know that the current top 4 clubs in this country have accumulated debts of 1.5 billion quid ?

Ashley got the club on the cheap ie because of this "debt" and now has increased its value. Kids stuff. But continue to misrepresent the ex board if it suits your "opinion" if you like.

Ref Trophy signings, my opinion is that there is no such thing, but people insist we have signed lots of them in the past, when I can't think of any, and neither can they when I ask who they are

Good post.

seems like deja vue here. Under Souness we were told that it was fine to clear out the bad eggs because Alex Ferguson did, now we are being told its OK buying a load of 17 year olds because Arsene Wenger has.

Quite incredible the complete rubbish that people get suckered into believing, and all because the fat bastard ate all their pies or something.........

Not to mention, that Bobby Robson has been down the same path and didn't match Wenger ie Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Gavilan,

Cort, Cordone, Jeanarse, Lua Lua, Bassedas, O'Brien.............. his best buys for the club being Woodgate, Bellamy and Robert by a country mile.

N'Zogbia wasn't a bad signing and half of those you mentioned were not signed by going down the same path.

Good post.

Agree with that. It's ok building for the future, but it should be done after the main squad is built.

Arsenal didn't go out and find youngsters whilst Arsenal were shite - they built a good team before then building the academy.

We're desperately short of players who can improve what is essentially an awful premiership team. We should be looking for those players now.