Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

Guest loonietoonie

The guy (Dan "somebody) on SSN said that we should expect some activity in the next couple of hours...

yeh i just heard that too

Totally depressing that the highlight of our transfer dealings is a teenager from Italy!

Don't give me the time excuse, as previously stated in the thread, there has to be a creative midfielder out there who would have came to us!

IMO if we have identified Barnes as being a good player (I dont no, havent seen enough of him!) then we should be upping our bid and getting him in, end of story!

I really am unhappy now, kept being patient and waiting for a spark, what we got was a few kids and Dennis fooking Wise!

Why are people saying things have been a disaster.

Im really curious as to who people think we should have signed.

Are there only 13 players in the world? I reckon there might just be a midfielder out there better than the s**** we've got.

Agreed, there are players out there, the facts of the matter are at this stage we have spent a miserly amount (relative to the Board's supposed committment and ambition) both in the summer and this month.  Forget about what we might have been doing or who we might have tried to get or who may or may not be available (as nobody knows for sure on any of these points), the cold hard facts is we have done nothing to improve our first team squad which desperately needs improvement at a critical stage in the season.

PS. I applaud the youth policy and this is a great step forward but this is a seperate and distinct future strategy, we have immediate to medium term issues which need addressing.

Are there only 13 players in the world? I reckon there might just be a midfielder out there better than the s**** we've got.

Well who are you saying we should have signed, realistically?

I'm not paid by the club to find players. The manager and his scouts should have found someone.

I'm not paid by the club to find players. The manager and his scouts should have found someone.

I never said you were did i, but i'm asking who would you have liked to see in then? Without coming out with some totally unrealistic player.

I never said you were did i, but i'm asking who would you have liked to see in then? Without coming out with some totally unrealistic player.

Barnes, Arshavin, Benjani, Defoe, I never thought Bentley was unrealistic either!

And I've already made the point that I'm not a scout, but there MUST be a midfielder out there better than fucking Nicky Butt. He might play in France for all I know. What's your point?

Guest LondonMag

Hope he won't end like Alessandro Pistone.

i remember in 97 that he was labled as "One of the best prospects int italy".how much did we pay inter for him? 4 million?

he didn't even had one Italian cap.

Agreed, there are players out there, the facts of the matter are at this stage we have spent a miserly amount (relative to the Board's supposed committment and ambition) both in the summer and this month.  Forget about what we might have been doing or who we might have tried to get or who may or may not be available (as nobody knows for sure on any of these points), the cold hard facts is we have done nothing to improve our first team squad which desperately needs improvement at a critical stage in the season.

PS. I applaud the youth policy and this is a great step forward but this is a seperate and distinct future strategy, we have immediate to medium term issues which need addressing.

:clap:

You're wasting your time Greg. It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

I know.

becaise I'm right, and you know it, but won't admit it.

mackems.gif

the most amusing thing of all, is that the numerous people who are now supporting a "no buy" policy, will be the same people who were screaming for Fred to "splash the cash" every time we lost a game

The same people also, who said that Souness would be the next Fergie for getting rid of "bad eggs" are probably the same people now who say only buying young players is the way to go "because Arsene Wenger does it".

Laughable. Very laughable.

You won't match the top 4 teams unless you have players they want, and this means you sometimes have to pay top prices. Fact.