Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

People might be disappointed by the transfer window, but they shouldn't be surprised. Keegan's barely been here five minutes and has yet to assess the strengths of the team, really. Unless people want the board buying players?

In addition, Mort himself said that if any players were going to be bought in the winter transfer window they'd be youngsters for the future. Did he not?

He did indeed.

People might be disappointed by the transfer window, but they shouldn't be surprised. Keegan's barely been here five minutes and has yet to assess the strengths of the team, really. Unless people want the board buying players?

In addition, Mort himself said that if any players were going to be bought in the winter transfer window they'd be youngsters for the future. Did he not?

ahem .......... this is the ENTIRE point

He did indeed.

Under SA, not KK.

If things haven't changed then we shouldn't of jumped manager mid season.

What is the point? That we aren't buying players now? If we bring in your ten superstars in summer will you stop bitching?

Quite a dumbass thing to say really. We'll see what he says when we're 4/5th bottom.

What is the point? That we aren't buying players now? If we bring in your ten superstars in summer will you stop bitching?

We didn't even buy one superstar LAST summer Keef.

What's the point in whining about the board, we're so much better off with them and atleast they are looking to the future. So what if we haven't signed any, I can't see us getting relegated or pushing for a place in europe so there's no point in spending over the odds for players when we can get the same in the summer for better/cheaper options.

1. have you looked at the league table.

2. Do you realise every league position is worth half a million quid.

1. We aren't in dire trouble, we'll come through this little patch, I don't see the likes of Wigan, Derby et al catching up.

2. It's all well and good saying each place is worth 500k but how much are we going to need to spend to go up a few places?

No point wasting 5mil odd now for the sake of 2/3m at the end of the season.

Allardyce got the players he wanted, for the most part, imo. If we didn't bring in the right players, it was down to him.

Course he won't ;)

My post was directed more at NE5 than yourself so i apologise if i've offended you.

you don't offend me, I couldn't care less because I know I'm right, but I think that you appear to be a very deluded boy. To be fair though, you're far from being the only one.

Lock/Delete this thread? It's not about this signing any more is it? Fucking sick of reading what some people think about the board. Create a separate thread for that, for fuck sake

Why bother? Nobody listens anyway.

even under allardyce we went in for Diarra, under Keegan for Woodgate, Kalouda and Barnes. I bet we've enquired about one or two others too, just hasn't happened. hopefully we can pull something out of the bag in the few hours left but i doubt we'll see anything significant. disappointing on the whole, if big money isn't spent in the summer questions should be asked about the board.

Allardyce got the players he wanted, for the most part, imo. If we didn't bring in the right players, it was down to him.

He had very little money and a very ropey squad to patch up first ie the defence. When he went back to the cash machine his card got rejected.

even under allardyce we went in for Diarra, under Keegan for Woodgate, Kalouda and Barnes. I bet we've enquired about one or two others too, just hasn't happened. hopefully we can pull something out of the bag in the few hours left but i doubt we'll see anything significant. disappointing on the whole, if big money isn't spent in the summer questions should be asked about the board.

Next we'll put a £10 bid in for Ronaldinho and look all shocked when its knocked back.

Look, at the end of the day they could have just brought in one signing just to get us off you know! They know how we are about our shiny new signings round here!

The team is dull as hell to watch right now. Couldn't they just bring in one sexy dude, just one? Didn't even have to be someone super sexy or anything you know ... even Giles barnes would have had us slightly satisfied. Offered us some hope.

You pass on Barnes for about £5 million with nothing else to bring in?

Weak effort.

What's the point in whining about the board, we're so much better off with them and atleast they are looking to the future. So what if we haven't signed any, I can't see us getting relegated or pushing for a place in europe so there's no point in spending over the odds for players when we can get the same in the summer for better/cheaper options.

1. have you looked at the league table.

2. Do you realise every league position is worth half a million quid.

just talk about it in a board thread or something because it's been annoying going through the quoted stuff to actually read about the player...please:)

I didn't think you would get it.

It also seemed to me that lots of people did nothing but bitch on about the old board for ages, please explain the difference, unless its down to the fact that if you agree with it, then you don't think its "bitching".

We will see what people say, including Mort, if we continue to slide down the league in the next 6-8 weeks or so.

He had very little money and a very ropey squad to patch up first ie the defence. When he went back to the cash machine his card got rejected.

thats more or less right I would say.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzz.

Back on topic, if this lad signs (Fabio Zamblera) it will be another sign that we're looking ahead to the future.

It's brilliant that we're signing for the future, but it's not going to help our first team now. We need someone short-term to give us a lift going into close season.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzz.

Back on topic, if this lad signs (Fabio Zamblera) it will be another sign that we're looking ahead to the future.

It's brilliant that we're signing for the future, but it's not going to help our first team now. We need someone short-term to give us a lift going into close season.

Not true, Allardyce didn't spend all of the transfer money in the summer.

Not true, Allardyce didn't spend all of the transfer money in the summer.

he obviously didn't call you nasty names either or he'd be the worstest manager ever and a big fat fool  mackems.gif

Guest newcastle4life

Good players for the future just hope the first team start doing something, no good having lots of youth players if we get relagated or carry on playing rubbish which is why some signings good players for the team now were needed.