Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

Surely the recent changes upstairs would tend to point to the fact that the development of the youth and reserve teams is an entirely separate exercise from the first team? In that case, why would signing these youngsters have any impact on strengthening the first team? I hardly think we're bringing these youngsters in because we're unable to sign 'top' players. These players would've been coming even if we'd manage to bring in Deco, Ronaldinho and Kaka.

Agreed... however I also think that our current young players might be about ready to move on. For likes of Lua Lua and Carrol it is getting towards crunch time. Are they good enough to be with the first team? Is there something there or is it time to ship them out? It might just be a case of re-stocking the youth/reserve team with potential.

For what its worth I can imagine Lua Lua pushing for a first team place by the end of the season.

Yep, I think that's right. Even Mort's comments last year suggested that he was not impressed with the quality of the current batch of youth players.

MORT is the new talent spotter is he ? Thought those days were gone when the fat bastard left .........

The most amusing thing of all, is that I just bet you don't even understand how stupidly hypocritical a comment you are making here

is

Great! So maybe we should just watch the youth side the rest of the season

Aye man, f*** building for the future.

No being serious! lets just watch the youth side, instead of the shower of s**** we've watched all season

This is how Arsenal have signed players like Fabregas, Anelka, Vierra etc. in the past btw. Worth pondering.

I dont think they players your mentioning are similar to what we are buying.

Surely the recent changes upstairs would tend to point to the fact that the development of the youth and reserve teams is an entirely separate exercise from the first team? In that case, why would signing these youngsters have any impact on strengthening the first team? I hardly think we're bringing these youngsters in because we're unable to sign 'top' players. These players would've been coming even if we'd manage to bring in Deco, Ronaldinho and Kaka.

Agreed... however I also think that our current young players might be about ready to move on. For likes of Lua Lua and Carrol it is getting towards crunch time. Are they good enough to be with the first team? Is there something there or is it time to ship them out? It might just be a case of re-stocking the youth/reserve team with potential.

For what its worth I can imagine Lua Lua pushing for a first team place by the end of the season.

Yep, I think that's right. Even Mort's comments last year suggested that he was not impressed with the quality of the current batch of youth players.

MORT is the new talent spotter is he ? Thought those days were gone when the fat bastard left .........

So just because a chairman can tell our youth players arent up to scratch he is now interferring with all the transfers? :lol:

I remember when Keegan sold Andy Cole 2j and he could of quite easily went out and bought someone with the money just to get someone in, he didn't though and waited until the Summer when QPR would sell to get the player he wanted, I'm glad that he did too. Have faith in the man.

So just because a chairman can tell our youth players arent up to scratch he is now interferring with all the transfers? :lol:

I believe he is saying that Mort is judging talent, which is not his remit ?  Surely this all stopped when the fat bastard stopped eating all the pies  mackems.gif

mort probably suggested the academy players needed work after consultation with the likes of joe joyce and sam allardyce. somehow i doubt he's gone down in his tracksuit and took a training session himself.

ahhh! but! ambition! pies! saleable! pleased for you!

GET OVER IT FOR FUCKS SAKE, THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT SIGNING A NEW YOUNG PLAYER NOT THE FUCKING BOARD!!!

FYP.

you might be impressed a sucker/easily pleased, but don't expect everybody else to be at our transfer policy and shambles of this season

mort probably suggested the academy players needed work after consultation with the likes of joe joyce and sam allardyce. somehow i doubt he's gone down in his tracksuit and took a training session himself.

Why would Mort need Allardyce & Joyce to tell him the  Academy needs work? He would only need to look at the league table & then check out the international honours some of the players are getting as means to see how it is going. Lets be honest as a club we have been shite with youth & local football for a very long time.

GET OVER IT FOR FUCKS SAKE, THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT SIGNING A NEW YOUNG PLAYER NOT THE FUCKING BOARD!!!

FYP.

you might be impressed a sucker/easily pleased, but don't expect everybody else to be at our transfer policy and shambles of this season

i'll be making my judgements at the end of this season which will include the pre season transfer dealings, feel free to call me a sucker though, thats ok, my posts in here are just a bit of harmless fun, i decided to stop arguing with you a while ago

FYP.

i'll be making my judgements at the end of this season which will include the pre season transfer dealings, feel free to call me a sucker though, thats ok, my posts in here are just a bit of harmless fun, i decided to stop arguing with you a while ago

feel free. I realise that the real reason is because you know that I was destroying your "opinion" with facts

FYP.

feel free. I realise that the real reason is because you know that I was destroying your "opinion" with facts

haha, no,  the real reason is posts like that

Why would Mort need Allardyce & Joyce to tell him the  Academy needs work? He would only need to look at the league table & then check out the international honours some of the players are getting as means to see how it is going. Lets be honest as a club we have been shite with youth & local football for a very long time.

I get a distinct feeling that Mr Mort, successful in other things he may be, doesn't know very much about football. And maybe doesn't also - and more worringly - understand that football is a different sort of business.

We will find out. Keegan won't settle for half baked ambition or empty promises. They will either pick up the game or he'll be off and quite rightly too if they don't show the ambition they should be showing. We've had managers in the past who have left for this, none since 1992 though.

FYP.

haha, no,  the real reason is posts like that

So, you're a quitter. Surely you would rather prove me wrong. If you could.

Jesus christ, give it a rest lads, please. This is a thread about a new signing.

Welcome to Newcastle, Fabio.

Don't take it personally if some of us are very worried about the short term future of the club.

What's the point in whining about the board, we're so much better off with them and atleast they are looking to the future. So what if we haven't signed any, I can't see us getting relegated or pushing for a place in europe so there's no point in spending over the odds for players when we can get the same in the summer for better/cheaper options.

What's the point in whining about the board, we're so much better off with them and atleast they are looking to the future. So what if we haven't signed any, I can't see us getting relegated or pushing for a place in europe so there's no point in spending over the odds for players when we can get the same in the summer for better/cheaper options.

1. have you looked at the league table.

2. Do you realise every league position is worth half a million quid.

People might be disappointed by the transfer window, but they shouldn't be surprised. Keegan's barely been here five minutes and has yet to assess the strengths of the team, really. Unless people want the board buying players?

In addition, Mort himself said that if any players were going to be bought in the winter transfer window they'd be youngsters for the future. Did he not?