Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

Has the physical attributes of a Sunday league player. Has the technical attributes of a substitute Sunday league player. Reads the game well but other than that well past Premiership standard.

Absolute fuking gobshite

Idiotic little cheeky boot on the back of Diouf's ankle. Obviously thought he'd get away with his "smart" little play.

Just f*** off.

he was through otherwise, i would have liked to see barton come on earlier but tbh havent got anything better and butt did well today in parts

I don't think taking Diouf down was a bad idea, just unlucky with Richardson's free kick.  Butt is just so past it that I'm surprised anyone disagrees.  The test is to ask yourself where he would end up if we cancelled his contract tomorrow. 

A mid table Premiership club?  No chance.

A bottom of the table Premiership club?  The likes of Fulham, Bolton have better.

Sign up with Roeder at Norwich?  Back to Oldham?  Is that really the standard we want at this club? 

It's clear with Barton coming back into the team, either Butt or Guthrie will have to step down. Guthrie isn't an attacking midfielder so now is the right time for him to lay claim to the holding role. Butt is giving goals away match after match.

I don't think taking Diouf down was a bad idea, just unlucky with Richardson's free kick.  Butt is just so past it that I'm surprised anyone disagrees.  The test is to ask yourself where he would end up if we cancelled his contract tomorrow. 

A mid table Premiership club?  No chance.

A bottom of the table Premiership club?  The likes of Fulham, Bolton have better.

Sign up with Roeder at Norwich?  Back to Oldham?  Is that really the standard we want at this club? 

Im not saying he's getting on but at the moment we have nothing better, barton when he's match fit, he probally would be signed by a mid table/ lower down side (which is all that we are atm, take off ur rose tinted glasses) and he does a job untill be find a replacement (ala beye for carr) We cannot jut sign anyone, enrique nd xisco/gonzalez type signings just dont do it for me.

Guest palnese

We are a bottom 5 side, no argument from me.  But Nicky Butt is the sort of player that keeps you there.  I'd put Barton & Jonas (seems to be his best position) in the center of midfield, Guthrie as third choice. 

too attacking imo

It's clear with Barton coming back into the team, either Butt or Guthrie will have to step down. Guthrie isn't an attacking midfielder so now is the right time for him to lay claim to the holding role. Butt is giving goals away match after match.

Can't see any British manager dropping him and playing Guthrie and Barton, even though this is exactly what needs to happen.

He's ever so experienced you see!

He's been given the freakin' armband for goodness sake!

Tragic ...

We WILL get relegated if Nicky Butt continues to be first choice. Its as simple as that. To say he offers nothing is incorrect. What he offers goes in the negative column so he offers worse than nothing.

The experienced thing is boiling my piss as well. He has no experience of a battle. The only experience he gets is of an arm chair ride at Man U. The one time when he had to knuckle down and battle relegation, he spat his dummy out at Birmingham. Frankly, its an absolute disgrace that he's anywhere near the team. I honestly think he lacks the technical ability to be a first choice for our reserve team.

The most annoying thing is that nothing is made of his shit performances. I'm not one for booing our players, but we'll go down if he continues to play. One to consider...

Because hes from Man Utd he still plays and still somehow gets credit from critics.

He is utter shit I cant understand why hes playing? To say thats too attacking to have Barton and Jonas is just fukin stupid would you prefer just to sit back and let teams pile on pressure?! Butt does fuck all Barton would do more defending that Butt and then obviously a lot more going forward.  The most attacking players in the world would do more than but even on the defensive side!!

GET HIM AND GEREMI OUT!!!

MARTINS OWEN

DUFF  GUTHRIE   BARTON   JONAS

ENRIQUE   TAYLOR   COLO   BEYE

MARTINS OWEN

DUFF  GUTHRIE   BARTON   JONAS

ENRIQUE   TAYLOR   COLO   BEYE

Exactly the starting XI I'd play but maybe Duff should be replaced with Zoggy. Against City Duff looked good though but today again back to his normal s**t. What's with Nacho Gonzalez? Why bother bringing him in if he's not getting any time to prove himself? Uruguay international starter can't be that bad...especially if you consider who's starting for us in the middle atm! or is he still injured? Maybe the most important part of the team(central midfield) is the only real flaw in the current team...this should be sorted ASAP. Sometimes it's funny to see Butt closing down opponent's deepest playing defender and then to see him jogging back so lazy when his actual job is to cover and protect our defence!

Thought he was quality apart from giving away that freekick, personally, and people know I'm not a fan of his at all.

If he was quality we wouldn't have gifted the mackems the midfield, for most of the 2nd half they just walked through us.

Thought he was quality apart from giving away that freekick, personally, and people know I'm not a fan of his at all.

If he was quality we wouldn't have gifted the mackems the midfield, for most of the 2nd half they just walked through us.

He was the only one winning the ball from what I could see. Guthrie was nullified after 3 minutes and should not have reappeared for the second half, the fact he "couldn't" risk tackling Diouf stitched Butt up as much as anything for the free-kick, then we made a fucking substitute as well. Criminal to make a change at this level when defending a set-piece of that nature.

Butt had a pain injection mid-match and was obviously carrying an injury, yet still put in a decent shift in what was a fucking terrible game.

I'm usually as blinkered as any about him after past events, but he was one of the few who impressed me today (along with Coloccini and the subs.)

That was also down to Duff, but the pair of them were indeed shite.

Also, none of the 2nd half was played in the midfield until they went 2-1 up and started hitting us on the break.

Everything else bypassed it as both teams tried to use the windy conditions to their advantage.

He was the only one winning the ball from what I could see. Guthrie was nullified after 3 minutes and should not have reappeared for the second half, the fact he "couldn't" risk tackling Diouf stitched Butt up as much as anything for the free-kick, then we made a f***ing substitute as well. Criminal to make a change at this level when defending a set-piece of that nature.

Butt had a pain injection mid-match and was obviously carrying an injury, yet still put in a decent shift in what was a f***ing terrible game.

I'm usually as blinkered as any about him after past events, but he was one of the few who impressed me today (along with Coloccini and the subs.)

I kept looking at the gaps for Butt and couldn't see him, as for his injection, I don't doubt his commitment.  He's just a poor footballer who has become a liability more often than not.

He was the only one winning the ball from what I could see. Guthrie was nullified after 3 minutes and should not have reappeared for the second half, the fact he "couldn't" risk tackling Diouf stitched Butt up as much as anything for the free-kick, then we made a f***ing substitute as well. Criminal to make a change at this level when defending a set-piece of that nature.

Butt had a pain injection mid-match and was obviously carrying an injury, yet still put in a decent shift in what was a f***ing terrible game.

I kept looking at the gaps for Butt and couldn't see him, as for his injection, I don't doubt his commitment.  He's just a poor footballer who has become a liability more often than not.

Don't doubt that we need to be looking for better ASAP, but still more use than most today, which is a crying shame.