Nigel Pearson is the new Coven...SOUTHAMPTON MANAGER

Nate

Seriously though, as I'm unaware of his abilities as a coach I can't say either way from that point of view, but one thing I can say for certain is that he wasn't exactly worried about leaking rumours and news to the press and friends. I know this for a fact. Maybe that has been a factor in him leaving.

Perhaps it also explains why SSN 'know' he's leaving before it's been announced formally.

Ah well, time to employ some fresh coach in now, I'm not bothered at all - cheers nigel, catch ya later :pow:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3122513,00.html

Nigel Pearson has left Newcastle United, according to Sky Sports News.

The 44-year-old coach was brought to St James' by former Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder in October 2006.

Pearson had two spells as caretaker manager with The Magpies - in May 2007 following Roeder's departure, and last month after Sam Allardyce's exit.

But reports suggest that he has now made the decision to part company with The Magpies.

Don't really need to be losing coaches when the season is still in the balance.  This should have been taken care of two weeks ago instead of distracting from the important business of not getting sucked into the relegation battle.

We were too busy not signing anyone two weeks ago to be worrying about getting rid of staff.

Better coach than the likes of Carver, Saunders, Terry Mac et al.. but we can find better.

Dont hold any grudges with Pearson, he was clearly upset over Sams sacking, Im suprised he lasted as long as he did. He still looked angry and upset after the Stoke replay.

Steve Round is still with us though isnt he?

Cox, Round and Terry Mac coaching.. I will expect us to add a couple more before too long.

Guest Ridzuan

Well,good luck to the man,at least he can say he was the guy who manage to get the 4-1 win over Stoke City but at the same time,the 6-0 drubbing of Man United.Good luck in your future endeavours Mr Pearson.As for Steve Round,I have not heard anything from him before,at the same time,its been a while since I saw him on the bench.So I dont know whether he is still at the club or not,I hope he is.

Better coach than the likes of Carver, Saunders, Terry Mac et al.. but we can find better.

Dont hold any grudges with Pearson, he was clearly upset over Sams sacking, Im suprised he lasted as long as he did. He still looked angry and upset after the Stoke replay.

Steve Round is still with us though isnt he?

Cox, Round and Terry Mac coaching.. I will expect us to add a couple more before too long.

Terry Mac is not a coach according to Keegan. He said so on the radio Q & A session.