Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Given - 4 Falls over. His last season with the club?

Harper - 6 Not to blame.

Beye - 4 Toothless.

Taylor -5

Cacapa - 4 Orange traffic cone.

Carr - 2 Worthless. Waste. Of. Space.

Milner -6 He tried. MOTM.

Barton - 4 Can't pass.

Butt - 4 See above.

Duff - 5 Comparatively decent.

Owen - 5  Goal. Zombie in second half. Not a team captain.

Smith - 4 Always dangerous... wait.

Keegan - 3 Poor selection.Made changes too late.

Stephen Carr should never appear for us again, he's the absolute f****** worst. We all know it, except for some dickheads

Comically bad from a neutral point of view today. Some people were advocating keeping him in the team as our permanent full-back before today aswell. Such a horrible footballer.

So frsutrating because we've got a lot of good players in this squad. Given, Taylor, Carr, Butt, Barton, Smith, Ameobi - all who have played recently, have all been absolute wasters lately. Really am growing in worry now. We're awful.

Butt, Smith and Carr should never appear for us ever again. Taylor should be sold in the summer, had it with him

Taylor managed to ghost through the game without doing anything, yet another game under Keegan where nearly every tackle, block and pass forward came from Cacapa.

It's pretty simple really.

The team's confidence is very very fragile and their fitness is also not up to scratch. We start games well and at a good tempo, but we can't keep it going into the second half and when the other team comes back into the game we don't have either the heart or strength to cope with it. Once one goal goes in then our heads go down and it's almost inevitable that more will follow. What people on here are either ignoring - or simply to f****** stupid to see, perhaps - is that our good periods are getting better and lasting longer, progress is being made.

At the moment it's not important how badly it goes wrong once it's gone tits-up, it's all about what happens before that point. What we really need is to manage to grab a couple of goals when we're playing well at the start of a game and then scrape home to a win. Once we've done that, you'll see the confidence come flooding back into the team and I reckon we'll go on a bit of a run towards the end of the season. However it's going to take a while and it could go wrong if the players stop believing that it's going to happen. KK will have his work cut out to keep their morale up and if you see us start a game like we've been finishing them, that's when we should start to really worry. For once the fans do actually have a real chance to make a positive difference and hopefully the people who seem to love nothing better than wallowing in our own crapness, by booing the team at the earliest opportunity and going way over the top on here, will either shut up or suffer some unfortunate accident.

Yeah, we're poor at the moment, but we're getting better, there are still positives to be seen.

Agree 110 % excellent post

Serious question, and I want an honest answer.

Who seriously thought we'd get something out of the game, even after being 1-0 up at HT ?

I thought we'd come away with a draw, both before the game and at half-time. We were alright in the first half, pretty shit in a lot of areas, but i thought we'd hold out long enough.

Who seriously thought we'd get something out of the game, even after being 1-0 up at HT ?

Based on how we'd played to half-time, I thought we were at least in it for the draw.

I thought we might just get a draw or possibly just get beaten 2-1, should have known better really.

What makes me laugh is everybody here could pick a better line up than Keegan an Allardyce have played all season.

The worrying thing is how Keegan and Sam before him are so oblivious to how useless Butt and Smith are, I mean it's fucking as plain as day!

Even though it's 99% likely we'll lose to Manure in our next game I hope we can at least show the same kind of atmosphere we did today in terms of the crowd. They were brilliant once again and even though we are thoroughly rotten on the pitch at least the fans do us proud.

To me, it 100% revolved around the first few minutes of the second half. Keep it at 1-0 or get a second and I'd be confident we could get something out of the game.

Those early minutes were as pivotal as ever and not for the first time they worked against us.

I didn't think we'd win the game 1-0.

Guest Micktoon

No passion ,no desire, no teamwork. The lot of them should donate this weeks salary to charity.

Absolutely shocking performance.

KK has his fucking work cut out because that lot simple don't want it bad enough.

Carr, Smith, Butt should have read, Enrique, Viduka and Emre today.KK fucked that part up in my view.

The team's confidence is very very fragile and their fitness is also not up to scratch. We start games well and at a good tempo, but we can't keep it going into the second half and when the other team comes back into the game we don't have either the heart or strength to cope with it. Once one goal goes in then our heads go down and it's almost inevitable that more will follow. What people on here are either ignoring - or simply to f****** stupid to see, perhaps - is that our good periods are getting better and lasting longer, progress is being made.

At the moment it's not important how badly it goes wrong once it's gone tits-up, it's all about what happens before that point. What we really need is to manage to grab a couple of goals when we're playing well at the start of a game and then scrape home to a win. Once we've done that, you'll see the confidence come flooding back into the team and I reckon we'll go on a bit of a run towards the end of the season. However it's going to take a while and it could go wrong if the players stop believing that it's going to happen. KK will have his work cut out to keep their morale up and if you see us start a game like we've been finishing them, that's when we should start to really worry. For once the fans do actually have a real chance to make a positive difference and hopefully the people who seem to love nothing better than wallowing in our own crapness, by booing the team at the earliest opportunity and going way over the top on here, will either shut up or suffer some unfortunate accident.

Yeah, we're poor at the moment, but we're getting better, there are still positives to be seen.

:thup:

Although not a great time to be living in Solihull. Am dreading work on Monday

I thought we'd come away with a draw, both before the game and at half-time. We were alright in the first half, pretty shit in a lot of areas, but i thought we'd hold out long enough.

As did I.

How wrong can we be :(

The way we were playing and how bad Villa were made me foolishly think a win was possible. I will never learn.

Mm hm. Surprising amount of sense coming from Indigo ;)

I thought it was possible.

Though, I assumed that Keegan would make changes at the half.

I thought it was apparent to everyone that we needed someone to hold possession in midfield - Emre , needed the physical presence of Faye, and needed to replace Carr-- everyone in the stadium knew he was NOT going to offer anything coming forward. Enrique might have at least given them pause.

Given - 3 Falls over. His last season with the club?

Harper - 6 Not to blame.

Beye - 5 Toothless.

Taylor -5

Cacapa - 5 Orange traffic cone.

Carr - 3 Worthless. Waste. Of. Space.

Milner -8 He tried. MOTM.

Barton - 3 Can't pass.

Butt - 2 See above.

Duff - 6 Comparatively decent.

Owen - 5  Goal. Zombie in second half. Not a team captain.

Smith - 2 Always dangerous... wait.

Keegan - 2 Poor selection.Made changes too late.

Guest neesy111

to me missing a leader in the middle (a la, gary speed) type player is huge cos no1 ever argues or tells each other off, and that as soon as we concede the players heads go down

having owen as captain is a joke

I thought we might just get a draw or possibly just get beaten 2-1, should have known better really.

For me before the match when I saw the line up I was we're fucked!

So why not bring tougher players on in the 2nd half? Viduka to hold the ball up and Faye to break things up in midfield.

There has been so many things conspire against us this season it's comical tbh

Guest coolerking

Keegan and McDermott look shell shocked. The quicker this season is over the better. How the hell are Villa better than us as a football club.

Good chairman, good manager, decent players.

Butt has had one of his better games today, the header for the 3rd goal was a little unlucky imo.

As for Smith however, what was he doing all game long, really? His first touch is like Shola at his worst, and his passing arguably worse than Butt's.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Good grief! I've heard about Four weddings and a Funeral, but how many honeymoons are you lot going to get through in one season? Some of you crying for Keegan's head - already?!  :nope:

It was bad enough binning Allardyce before he had a chance to cut out the cancer that cripples your club. (and he would have turned you around, given time.) Have the idiots screaming for KK's head reflected on who (in their right mind) would replace him? No, didn't think so!

wow, finally a reply that actually is worth reading!