Scum is Scum?

Crumpy Gunt

Free market I guess and very much just a typical Old Trafford attender.

We would all do it if we werent a fan of the club concerned

Says a lot that this person was probably at the match. If it was Newcastle and this was mine, I wouldnt sell.

OK, so for (At this stage) just over £100 you get:

- A Munich memorial scarf with letter from David Gill. I presume these are on general sale or at least are very recent and widely available - Maybe a mass issue like for Shearer's testimonial? ie it's hardly a one-off.

- A copy of the program from the Man U - Sheff Wed match 50 years ago. Yes, it says a copy. Given that the original will be in black and white and their being no picture of said program on the listing, then my money is on it being a photocopy.

- Program from todays match. What's that, £3.50 and still on sale?

That said, fair play to the guy. People that stupid to bid that much money on that frankly deserve to get fleeced. Call it a stupidity tax if you like.

Guest Beachcomber

scarves from the shearer testimonial went for similar amounts in the days after, some of the originl programmes went for £50+

I think the difference here is that Manure fans have been bleating on for years that only they can fully understand the collective grief and what it means losing 8 players 50 years ago. Fans elswhere don't have that deep personal connection to their clubs, underpinned by the disaster. Unless of course the free market intervenes!

Scum obviously.

Just like whoever put the mascots yesterday in AIG shirts...

...And whoever turned the hoardings away from the names of the dead into AIG ads as soon as the silence finished...

...And whoever put AIG on that big banner outside OT...

...or whoever wanted to charge the BBC 5 grand for footage of their memorial last week...

...or whoever chucked the munich survivors out of their club houses way back when...

etc. :huff:

The club has no class.

Scum obviously.

...And whoever turned the hoardings away from the names of the dead into AIG ads as soon as the silence finished...

...or whoever wanted to charge the BBC 5 grand for footage of their memorial last week...

...or whoever chucked the munich survivors out of their club houses way back when...

The club has no class.

Oh dear Manc Vs Manc forum bitch fest coming up  :clap2:

Are those shirts that Man Utd were wearing today going on sale in the shops? That'd be pretty scummy.

They were before anyway I think. In the same way we sell replicas of our old shirts in the club store.

Ah OK, that's fair enough.

Scum obviously.

The club has no class.

Oh dear Manc Vs Manc forum bitch fest coming up  :clap2:

Speccy is absolutely right, though.

For such a gigantic club, Manchester United are - in many ways - actually very, very smalltime indeed.

They're a vile institution, only out-viled by Chelsea these days, and even that is debatable.

Guest toonlass

Scum obviously.

The club has no class.

No need to look so smug. The city scarves are on there too. Both sets of fans should be ashamed that their own are profiting from the deaths of their players. Frank Swift was one of yours too.

Scum obviously.

The club has no class.

No need to look so smug. The city scarves are on there too. Both sets of fans should be ashamed that their own are profiting from the deaths of their players. Frank Swift was one of yours too.

Yep, I saw a City scarf on there too. I thought the seller had removed it, he got all sorts of stick flying at him. If there are more on, I'm embarrased. Had a feeling of chest-out pride ever since the minutes silence ended, smug even, we don't need any classless idiots ruining our fun while we can all point and laugh at the rags on so many levels.

Come on its hardly THAT bad, they are just selling scarfs