will we beat Sunderland next time we play them?

bulivye
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 4 weeks later...

'Cause it's one in the afternoon,

We have to win it or we're doomed

He shouldn't play Smith, but will do

Not feeling too good,

if Nicky Butt plays too,

When it's one in the afternoon.

'Cause it's one in the afternoon,

We have to win it or we're doomed

He shouldn't play Smith, but will do

Not feeling too good,

if Nicky Butt plays too,

When it's one in the afternoon.

is that a haiku or summat, SSR?   it's got a nice flow...very serene  :thup:

Guest Stephen927

We should be aiming, by the time we play Sunderland, to have secured our Premiership status. I think if we haven't done it by then, I'll be very worried.

As for the actual match, a lot depends on how much confidence we have built up over the previous games. If we've scrapped for points and have a sizeable lead over 18th place then I can see us winning by a 2 goal margin.

Under pressure against our biggest rivals, I don't think this team will be able to cope, and if we were to win in this scenario it would be by 1 goal.

Sunderland have the worst away record in the league, worse than Derby.  If we play like we did against Blackburn we'll win easily.

I think this but we are so fragile in terms of confidence, Sunderland know they've got nothing to lose, we have everything.

I worry about that.

I can see a draw or a close win for either side, but it just depends on what kind of form we take into the game. If we have managed to bag a win or two i think we'd beat them, if were still win less then i fear for the result.

Either a draw or a win for us. 9 times out of 10 I'd say we beat them at home, but this is a derby, with relegation at stake. If we can play with confidence and rise above the fear then we'll win. 2-1 to us I think.

Either a draw or a win for us. 9 times out of 10 I'd say we beat them at home, but this is a derby, with relegation at stake. If we can play with confidence and rise above the fear then we'll win. 2-1 to us I think.

the fact that it's a derby has nowt to do with it...in seasons when we are the better team we get a result. in the seasons when they've been the better team they get the result...form works in these games and for all our form is poor they have yet to win away and have only 3 draws.....result...draw or home win.

the fact that it's a derby has nowt to do with it...in seasons when we are the better team we get a result. in the seasons when they've been the better team they get the result...form works in these games and for all our form is poor they have yet to win away and have only 3 draws.....result...draw or home win.

I did say a derby with relegation at stake though. That brings a different pressure into play. Then it becomes a question whether we can rise above it. I think we will, but then I didn't think we'd look so bad against them at their place under Allardyce.

just 2 pts separating us, i think, so...  how do you think we'll fare? :dontknow:

i'm actually a bit concerned we'll lose! :kasper:

but, i shall boldly say, 1-0 to us  :indi:

They can't do shite away from home, though then again we can't do shite anywhere. So I'm really worried about this one, still thinking we'll win it though. If only by one goal.

very worried to be honest. derbies will often be won on the strength of pride, passion and sheer will to win. we lack any of those qualities.

the makems have a poor side but from what I've seen aren't as soft as our lot.

plus I would imagine most of their squad will have to remain with the scum and won't fancy championship footy next season, whereas many of our lot will be out the door before you can say "blackpool away".

very worried to be honest. derbies will often be won on the strength of pride, passion and sheer will to win. we lack any of those qualities.

the makems have a poor side but from what I've seen aren't as soft as our lot.

plus I would imagine most of their squad will have to remain with the scum and won't fancy championship footy next season, whereas many of our lot will be out the door before you can say "blackpool away".

They can also be won by the sides with more pace and skill, if we can get Zog and Martins in, I think we'll cause them problems. Also we should see a lot more possession than we have of late as they won't be able to keep the ball. I doubt they are capable of stringing more than one pass together.

• 3 weeks later...

Thing is we are playing well and getting the results, they are grafting hard and getting lucky.

Draw at Derby, loss to Chelsea, loss to Everton, and 2 snatched wins vs currently crap opposition in Villa n W.Ham.

Just feel as if we are playing fuckin well now, and cant see theyve got much but effort. (We saw their lack of quality at the SOS when we were utter shite and still got a point)