Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Brown in a good team playing well should be a good player.

He does make mistakes, like a high class Bramble, but he very rarely gets punished for them and he's got a bit more about him and can recover from them both at the time and most certainly mentally.

£60kpw rejected though at a club he loves? Is he that desperate for 1st team football even though he's basically 1st choice now even if it is through selection.

I'd be quite happy to get proven EPL defenders like Brown and Dunne in while taking chances on the flair players from the continent and beyond.

I haven't seem him make mistakes like Bramble for a good few years now.

Seems to have grown out of them and become a solid dependable player, I don't think right back is his best position and he probably knows that Ferguson will bring in a replacement right back if Neville doesn't return.

Brown in a good team playing well should be a good player.

He does make mistakes, like a high class Bramble, but he very rarely gets punished for them and he's got a bit more about him and can recover from them both at the time and most certainly mentally.

£60kpw rejected though at a club he loves? Is he that desperate for 1st team football even though he's basically 1st choice now even if it is through selection.

I'd be quite happy to get proven EPL defenders like Brown and Dunne in while taking chances on the flair players from the continent and beyond.

I haven't seem him make mistakes like Bramble for a good few years now.

Seems to have grown out of them and become a solid dependable player, I don't think right back is his best position and he probably knows that Ferguson will bring in a replacement right back if Neville doesn't return.

Still makes them but you are right, nowhere near as frequent of late and i can bet my house on he'd make more of them when he comes here, its almost a certain, but he does recover and he does get over it.

Easily good enough for us, and a KK type player imo.

I actually have been very surprised at how dependable he has been for Man U at right back this season, as it isn't at all his natural position.

I think a whole season of playing at right back will make him an even more composed and confident centre back. I think he is well worth it next season on a free. I believe he would be excellent value for mney, especially paired with a more physical and dominant partner like Dunne or Faye.

I really think we ought to go for Brown. He would also have added value as an emergency right back in emergency situations.

Can someone who's good with all the tactical knowledge etc explain to me why Dunne and Faye couldn't work? That's not me being arsey, would just genuinely like to hear from someone why it shouldn't...

I'd hardly say Faye was immobile, he's certainly got a deceptive turn of pace, and could make up for Dunne's lack of movement, or whatever. We certainly wouldn't struggle in the aerial department, either.

For the record, i think Dunne would be a very good signing. Brown, meh. :undecided: Don't particularly rate him. We only need one centre-back imo and Wes Brown is not a good right-back. Dunne and Faye would be good though imo.

See, i find that the best partnerships in he world are a combination of a beefy big defender and a slender sweeper type defender.

Genereally speaking, this combination combines strengths of both defenders which neutralise the weakness of the other defenders.

To have 2 of the same type of defender results in the players taking similar positioning in order to either attack the long ball or intercept a thread pass, for me Dunne and Faye are very similar type of defenders who like to attack the ball. If you have 2 silar type of defenderd who naturaly take up similar positions you can leave yourself open to lacking in the other positions that a sweeper type defender would exploit.

I also happen to think that having to big defenders would leave us extremely vunerable to the small intelligent quick striker.

Could be completely wrong like.

Guest sick-boy-14

Players that i would like to see being signed over the summer:

Carlos Cuellar

Richard Dunne

Johnny Heitinga

Van Bommal

David Bentley

Michael Carrick

Fabricio Coloccini

Rafael Marquez

I hope we dont pay 10 m£ for Lennon. That would be retarded money to pay.

I'm told that Newcastle have been showing an interest, but SGE appears to showing more.  I think if he does move he'll cost more than £10m.  Whether he is worth it is a totally different question.

Players that i would like to see being signed over the summer:

Carlos Cuellar

Richard Dunne

Johnny Heitinga

Van Bommal

David Bentley

Michael Carrick

Fabricio Coloccini

Rafael Marquez

five new defenders?

with one who is already signed for Atletico...

Aaron Lennon - Agreed

Jimmy Bullard - Good squad player so why not, need better though in our midfield

Peter Crouch - No thanks

Javier Saviola - No, we cant guarentee he will fit in well in the Prem or even be happy here

Wayne Bridge - Nah, we have Jose, just need a back up for him

Wes Brown - Nope, shite, he is good playing with class players at ManUre, wouldnt work out here.

David Bentley - Agreed

Still don't think we've got a cat in hell's chance of getting Bentley. Shaun Wright-Phillips i would prefer over Lennon, but i just don't know... the whole Chelsea influence has not worked out one jot for us yet, even when we thought we were getting class/former class players off them. (Parker, Duff).

Lennon, below £10m, would be a decent bit of business tbh. I think Keegan could get him playing. I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking really, out of those three right-wingers. Lennon possibly would be the better/safest/most likely option. But i wouldn't spend over the odds, cos it's still a gamble.

He's younger than all of them, so even if he is in a poor patch of form, maybe he's just jaded there and needs a fresh start. There's raw materials there to work with. I reckon he's just the sort of player Keegan could get playing.

What has happened with that russian lad that people were raving about in January - Aravashin or something spelt similar?  Is he on the move in the summer/any good/what we want?

What has happened with that russian lad that people were raving about in January - Aravashin or something spelt similar?  Is he on the move in the summer/any good/what we want?

A teammate of his mentioned in an interview that Arshavin was given the okay to talk to us but he decided to stay at Zenit for the Champions League football next season.

Still don't think we've got a cat in hell's chance of getting Bentley. Shaun Wright-Phillips i would prefer over Lennon, but i just don't know... the whole Chelsea influence has not worked out one jot for us yet, even when we thought we were getting class/former class players off them. (Parker, Duff).

Lennon, below £10m, would be a decent bit of business tbh. I think Keegan could get him playing. I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking really, out of those three right-wingers. Lennon possibly would be the better/safest/most likely option. But i wouldn't spend over the odds, cos it's still a gamble.

He's younger than all of them, so even if he is in a poor patch of form, maybe he's just jaded there and needs a fresh start. There's raw materials there to work with. I reckon he's just the sort of player Keegan could get playing.

.........  or maybe he is a wannabe gangsta  ........... whatever that is. :angel:

There's strong rumours that SGE has offered £12m for Lennon but Levy wants around £16m.  If there is £12m on the table I'd snap their hand off because I don't believe he's worth anything like that at the present time.

Lennon id like here, £10m sounds about right to be honest providing he's a model pro. Woldnt want to pay anymore but he's a very young gifted english player who  i think could be worth a lot more in the future providing a few things go his way.

In fact id love him here, i can imagine keegan being extremely encouraging of his attacking side of the game, he's a very exciting player in my opinion someone the fans could really get behind providing he's consistent.

Only reservation about him is his productivity, and his attitude which i hear isnt the best. Hmmmmm....

I'd be surprised if Lennon went for as much as £12m given that he isn't a starter these days.

An indication of how little faith Ramos has Lennon's ability to deliver a half decent cross once in a while.  I do like Ramos' attitude to anyone who isn't performing for whatever reason.  Irrespective of whether it is a leading light or a squad player, JR's reaction is the same, They won't play if they don't match up to what Ramos wants.  Lennon has to improve his final ball, doing extra training, Gilberto has some weight to lose and I won't even begin to tell you why JJ has been absent for the past couple of matches.

I'd be surprised if Lennon went for as much as £12m given that he isn't a starter these days.

An indication of how little faith Ramos has Lennon's ability to deliver a half decent cross once in a while.  I do like Ramos' attitude to anyone who isn't performing for whatever reason.  Irrespective of whether it is a leading light or a squad player, JR's reaction is the same, They won't play if they don't match up to what Ramos wants.  Lennon has to improve his final ball, doing extra training, Gilberto has some weight to lose and I won't even begin to tell you why JJ has been absent for the past couple of matches.

MAybe this is the reason why you havent been climibing up the league like you should be in my opinion, we had a similar approach with SA and the team changed every week for whatever statistcal reason. It's notall its cracked up to be.