Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

reyes is spoiled brat.... better not get into him :frantic:

better we get nihat if villareal want to sold him...

nihat on left... martin on right... owen up front... what a dynamic.... 4-3-3 up front

Nihat would be absolute quality. I remember when Souness was here, he was in his last year with Sociedad and we were linked with him for a measley £2m. He would have turned out to be one of our best signings for such a small fee because he's got most of the key attributes you'd want from a striker.

nihat and rossi become la liga hot stuff right now.... shame we did not use rossi perfectly (poor manager)... villarreal bought him for 6m seem a massive gamble... which he even't looked to score much at our team... but now... could be 20m for his tag price... feet to feet football manage to bring him to his best... and villareal wouldn't sell him either... the only we could get is nihat... he's perfect for premiership... didn't seem a type of player that afraid of hard games either. (gattuso that can score and technically sublime)

From today's daily mail:

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan and assistant Terry McDermott were at Ibrox on Thursday to watch Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio and defensive midfielder Miguel Veloso during their UEFA Cup draw with Rangers.

Veloso, 22, has been linked with Manchester United while Patricio, 20, is one of Europe's top prospects.

Do anyone know anything about them?

From today's daily mail:

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan and assistant Terry McDermott were at Ibrox on Thursday to watch Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio and defensive midfielder Miguel Veloso during their UEFA Cup draw with Rangers.

Veloso, 22, has been linked with Manchester United while Patricio, 20, is one of Europe's top prospects.

Don't know anything about the keeper but like it says Veloso is a top prospect, I believe he'll be at a top european side within a year.

From today's daily mail:

Don't know anything about the keeper but like it says Veloso is a top prospect, I believe he'll be at a top european side within a year.

Us :)

Guest float one in

A portuguese mate of mine, keen Sporting fan, reckons Veloso is absolutely top notch. I watched their League Cup final defeat to Setubal with him over Easter, Veloso came on and he told me he's going to be mint, can do the the lot. The same lad also predicted Viana would be no good in England when we signed him....

A portuguese mate of mine, keen Sporting fan, reckons Veloso is absolutely top notch. I watched their League Cup final defeat to Setubal with him over Easter, Veloso came on and he told me he's going to be mint, can do the the lot. The same lad also predicted Viana would be no good in England when we signed him....

What did he say when Man U signed Ronaldo?

What did he say when Man U signed Ronaldo?

he said that there is a scuba diver applied for football team...

I remember seeing Veloso playing against Man Utd and saying to my mate 'I could do what he's doing right now on the pitch, looks really easy man' but that was probably more to do with how effortless it looked rather than how good I am :blush:

Guest 22bnw

I think who we bring in could depend mostly on who we need to replace when they leave

Keegan might have some pulling power, but some players will be f***** off with the new manager coming in every season promising better times and then, in colaboration with the board at the time, spectacularly failing

If we carry on with current formation the more I see it in action the more I think Arshavin would be a really good addition to the squad. Should Oba or Owen get injured he looks like he could cover for either. I've only seen him play about 4 or 5 times but from what he's shown he would be perfect imo.

From today's daily mail:

Veloso is unreal on fifa for me, but then again, i am the one whos playing the game and must just be fucking outstanding  :rolleyes:

Guest sombrero

i want the toont o get a player such that man u and arsenal go FUCK, were screwed, similar effect for what torres has had at arsenal.

I wouldn't mind it if Keegan took a good look at Antonio Cassano. Highly doubtful that he'd want to leave Sampdoria but iirc he's only on loan there, but anyway, he's been in good form, looks happy and has lost the excess weight, so I think he'd be awesome for us. He reminds me of Bellamy (though Cassano >>> Bellamy in footballing ability) in that he's always in trouble off the field but he's got so much quality on the pitch that he'll be worth it.

It would also be a signing that really signals our intention because when this boy's on form, he's up there with the very best in the world.

If we're looking for a young "back up" right back, I think Ryan Taylor from Wigan is a great shout! He cant get a game as Melchiot is there so played left wing yesterday! He's pretty versitile and scores a couple of goals. Was pretty impressed by him to be honest! Any views?

I wouldn't mind it if Keegan took a good look at Antonio Cassano. Highly doubtful that he'd want to leave Sampdoria but iirc he's only on loan there, but anyway, he's been in good form, looks happy and has lost the excess weight, so I think he'd be awesome for us. He reminds me of Bellamy (though Cassano >>> Bellamy in footballing ability) in that he's always in trouble off the field but he's got so much quality on the pitch that he'll be worth it.

It would also be a signing that really signals our intention because when this boy's on form, he's up there with the very best in the world.

Not a chance of him coming here.

Always been a massive fan of Cassano though, he should be one of the best players on the planet as he certainly has the talent, unfortunately he wasn't blessed with the mind to go with so.