Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

reyes is spoiled brat.... better not get into him :frantic:

better we get nihat if villareal want to sold him...

nihat on left... martin on right... owen up front... what a dynamic.... 4-3-3 up front

what about a target man/strong centre forward? taht's how 4-3-3 works as i understand. would love to have hunterlaar....

nihat on left... martin on right... owen up front... what a dynamic.... 4-3-3 up front

Owen dynamic?

Owen dynamic?

it could.... sometimes owen goes deep... at hole attacker... emm* just wish his legs will always be fine...

what about a target man/strong centre forward? taht's how 4-3-3 works as i understand. would love to have hunterlaar....

still not sure of huntellar quality.... it could be another dirk kuyt.... prefer crouch on cheap..

not sure we need big target man.... if we don't play long ball... i think better we played at the floor... feet to feet..

3 or 4 first teamers in as well as a couple of youngsters according to kk on nufc world.

he wont be bringing in anything like 10 like we did last summer, but we will be spending 'big money' on 3 or 4.

Arshavin did have a great game for Zenit against Leverkusen.  He is quite the deminutive player, but quick as foook.  Scored a great goal from out of nothing by running hard at the defense, made another with a great run and a perfect pass, and set up their third goal with a superb midfield pass to get the wide player running into space.

Overall, he looked a very nice player - skilled, fast and mobile - but a tad small to lead the front line.  As a winger/in the hole he might be very good though.

3 or 4 first teamers in as well as a couple of youngsters according to kk on nufc world.

he wont be bringing in anything like 10 like we did last summer, but we will be spending 'big money' on 3 or 4.

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.

Very good!

Guest teepee

Sounds good to me.

Very good!

that would be perfect - if we dont let too many go

Sounds good to me.

Very good!

that would be perfect - if we dont let too many go

Carr, Troisi, Ramage and Diatta's contracts end this season, cant see them getting renewed either.

I want a really good first team and good sub. then I want to play "kids". I think we will have some good ones in the coming years.

Our under-18 side finished bottom of the league didn't it?

I want a really good first team and good sub. then I want to play "kids". I think we will have some good ones in the coming years.

Our under-18 side finished bottom of the league didn't it?

well. many of the player we are having now is not good enough. but I mean buying in like we have done know and of course we will continue with that. and they will develop etc.

Keegan has said "Newcastle only have one recognised left back (Enrique) and that's not enough for a club this size." The same will apply for right back when Carr leaves (as he surely will) at the end of his contract in the summer. So that makes it a right back and a left back on Keegan's shopping list for the Summer.

Nihat would be absolute quality. I remember when Souness was here, he was in his last year with Sociedad and we were linked with him for a measley £2m. He would have turned out to be one of our best signings for such a small fee because he's got most of the key attributes you'd want from a striker.

His words or yours?

His words or yours?

hiswords, hence the speach marks! :lol:

His words or yours?

hiswords, hence the speach marks! :lol:

Just watched it.

'The good news for the owner is that whilst we might want to spend big money on a few players, we don't need ten like last year - I don't envisage us fetching that many in - but three, four quality players, maybe one or two youngsters who can maybe push them from day one, or if not then maybe in the future push to get a first team place. That's the idea, we'll see what works out.'

Guest sombrero

sorry to side track, i dunno how many we would bring in, but every time i read a comment or article is always that we have a small squad which sounds like something that should be addressed, so maybe we should beef it up? or is that irrelevant. every year we say the squad is too small, then we say we only buy quality players so that we don't just get players to make up the numbers, but then we never make up the numbers!? never ending loop here!

Think someone else mentioned him a while ago, but i've always though that Benayoun at Liverpool (and at West Ham) looks a good player. Might just be the fact that I don't watch Liverpool that often, but he seems to be usually used as a sub if at all so don't know what their long-term plans are for him, but wouldn't mind him here next season all the same.

Think someone else mentioned him a while ago, but i've always though that Benayoun at Liverpool (and at West Ham) looks a good player. Might just be the fact that I don't watch Liverpool that often, but he seems to be usually used as a sub if at all so don't know what their long-term plans are for him, but wouldn't mind him here next season all the same.

i mentioned that on this thread not so long ago and got slated for suggesting him.

Van Buyten? Linked with Villa in the papers.

Enjoyed the latest KK interview, hopefully in for another exciting summer!

I agree with Sombrero about the issue of the squad being small. Bringing 3 or 4 decent players and a couple of youngsters will certainly improve the squad, but how many are going to leave over the summer?

I think the players Keegan is talking about are certainly the players he wants, I wouldnt be suprised to see an extra 3 or 4 players at least coming through via Wise and Co. to the Academy.

The main hope I guess is that some of the players already in the reserves/academy will start to push through to fill up the squad.

All depends on who KK wants out and who wants out.