Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

From a year ago.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23072007/58/la-liga-baptista-eyes-newcastle.html

"I want the chance in pre-season to show our new coach Bernd Schuster I should be a part of his plans," he said. "If things do not work out here I will have to look at other options in Spain and England.

"Newcastle is a big club but before I consider a move I need to know about my future with Real.

"I believe I showed at Arsenal last season that I can play in England, score goals and make goals.

"I'm sure my future will be sorted out in the next few weeks."

:thup:

My issue with him is that if he Wenger couldnt get the best out of him in his attacking stlye, i cant see keegan being any different. Same goes for Reyes as well...

Well we don't stand a chance in hell of getting anybody then, it's either:

''he won't come here coz he's a football god and laughs heartily at our futile attempts to sign him... he'll end up going to a massive club like spurs''

or

"So shit, his parents hate him"

according to the good old news of the world

NEWCASTLE, Aston Villa and Wigan are chasing Fulham full-back Paul Konchesky.

The West Londoners will take £2.5million for the ex-England international, who signed from West Ham for £2m a year ago.

according to the good old news of the world

NEWCASTLE, Aston Villa and Wigan are chasing Fulham full-back Paul Konchesky.

The West Londoners will take £2.5million for the ex-England international, who signed from West Ham for £2m a year ago.

Fucking hell. :lol:

Konchesky is absolutely SHIT. He is one of the most one dimensional players i've ever seen, just gets the ball and launches it down the line. Allardyce would have signed him, mind.

As we have seen evidenced of late - Liverpool don't sell for reasonable prices.  Neither, it seems, do they pay them.  They believe they have a god given right to sell you their dross for twice it's value and chuck a hissy fit if you want a decent fee for your players.

I'd be interested in taking a look at Dani Guiza. In his cameos in the last two games, he showed just what we are looking for in a stiker right now.

Looks canny but he's 27 (assuming we are rigidly looking at young lads) and apparantly on the way to Turkey.

I'd be interested in taking a look at Dani Guiza. In his cameos in the last two games, he showed just what we are looking for in a stiker right now.

Looks canny but he's 27 (assuming we are rigidly looking at young lads) and apparantly on the way to Turkey.

No older than Arshavin, and like Arshavin pre-Euro 2008, I believe that he is the best option for his particular position on the market.

No older than Arshavin, and like Arshavin pre-Euro 2008, I believe that he is the best option for his particular position on the market.

dear me james...when you grow up it's only going to take a short skirt and low top to impress you isn't it.

dear me james...when you grow up it's only going to take a short skirt and low top to impress you isn't it.

Name a target man striker, whom we could realistically sign, whom is better than Guiza.

Name a target man striker, whom we could realistically sign, whom is better than Guiza.

guiza isn't a target man striker from what i've seen. why didn't you mention him before his substitute appearances in this tournament ?

Darren Bent

No, Bent is a pretty limited player. With Guiza you've got the hold up play and aerial ability as well as the pace, power and finishing.

so you don't suppose he's came on when they've been playing well and the oppsosition asa chasing the game ?