Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Our friend Nicko have something on his mind tonight:

WARNOCK - First the bad news...Newcastle have been back in...think the offer is now just over £3 million...it's a bit worrying because they won't go away...surprised this one is ongoing.

We're not signing Warnock then. Can't say i'm fussed.

Zoggy staying put to now this..

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/newcastle-offer-cash-n-zogbia-celtic-s-m-5512341.html

Newcastle Offer Cash & N’Zogbia For Celtic’s McGeady - Reports

Premiership Latest, UK - 15 minutes ago

Newcastle United have reportedly made a cash-plus-player offer that is said to be including unsettled Charles N’Zogbia, for Celtic winger Aiden McGeady. ...

Guest sicko2ndbest

have offered 9 million euros for the beast according to el mundo but he is waiting on roma

would be a great signing, think the roma switch is done and dusted though

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/23/kevin-keegan-aims-to-sign-two-new-defenders-72703-21389512/

Kevin Keegan aims to sign two new defenders

Jul 23 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Not a single quote.  "Keegan admitted to me..." blah blah blah

And your shocked by that? quotes are just the thing that hints at maybe some truth. :D

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cuellar keen on Rangers stay teamtalk

Carlos Cuellar has poured cold water on reports he could be set to leave Rangers by insisting he wants to stay at Ibrox "for many years".

The Spaniard has been linked with a move to Newcastle following a successful debut campaign in Scotland that saw him voted the club's player of the year and players' player of the year.

But Cuellar insists he has no desire to leave Ibrox and told Rangers News: "I am very happy at Rangers and the supporters are one of the reasons.

"The club is fantastic and each year we have the possibility to play in the Champions League so it is a great place for any player.

"I want to stay here for many years.

"It was fantastic to be voted the player of the year for Scotland and also to be voted the same by the Rangers fans is special too.

"Last season was my best season as a professional player but I hope this season will be even better."

"The club is fantastic and each year we have the possibility to play in the Champions League so it is a great place for any player.

Any player with no sense or ambition that is.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Breciano?

Setanta

Palermo expect Mark Bresciano to find a new club this week with The Premier League a likely destination.

The Australia international has never hidden his admiration for the English elite and rumours are rife that Blackburn Rovers and West Ham could be trying to negotiate a transfer with the Serie A club.

After being linked with a whole host of clubs, the Socceroo will be determined to get his career back on track and joining the likes of either Brett Emerton or Lucas Neill at Ewood Park or Upton Park would represent an attractive option.

Director of sport Walter Sabatini told Radio Kiss Kiss: "There is a great deal of interest in Bresciano at European level.

"Despite being in the shade last season, he is held in a lot of esteem and there will be no problems finding him a new club in the coming days."

Last month, Bresciano, who was also forwarded as a Fulham target recently, outlined his plans for a dream move.

"I'd love to give it a go, because it's come to the stage where I would like to try it out just to try something different," he revealed.

"Obviously because a lot of my team-mates in the Aussie team are there so I think there'd be a good chance to get there."

There was a lot of buzz about him last season with Sven being a big fan. With the Duke here he might be a viable option. Any good?

Also from that article in the chronicle today. Anal just cant resist stirring the shit.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/23/kevin-keegan-aims-to-sign-two-new-defenders-72703-21389512/

If a left-back is a priority, Keegan feels that he also needs another central defender, having lost Peter Ramage to Queens Park Rangers and with word that Wise and Jimenez are looking to cash in on David Edgar.

have offered 9 million euros for the beast according to el mundo but he is waiting on roma

link?

mundo deportivo

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I mean an actually link to the page.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080723/noticia_53505415902.html

It's says he's still hoping to hear from Roma, but that we made a bid either Tuesday night/Wednesday morning of £6.5m.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Think Baptista would be a fantastic signing.

If we got him midfield and strikers sorted for the season and only really defenders we need