Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Zenit St Petersburg coach Dick Advocaat has confirmed that Andrei Arshavin wants to leave the club.

The Russian star had a brilliant domestic campaign last season helping Zenit to the league title and Uefa Cup.

Arshavin only added to his reputation when he starred in Russia's final Euro 2008 group game - after being suspended for start of the tournament - against Sweden as scored the winner in the 2-0 triumph.

The 27-year-old is being tracked by clubs from Italy, Spain, France, Germany and England - with the likes of Newcastle, Manchester City, Everton and more recently Arsenal said to be interested.

Now Advocaat has confirmed that Arshavin want to move to one of Europe's biggest leagues.

"Andrei has told us that he wishes to change clubs," Advocaat told reporters on Friday.

"At present, in the way of offers, it is quiet.

"The situation may well change after the game against Holland for the national side."

Zenit St Petersburg coach Dick Advocaat has confirmed that Andrei Arshavin wants to leave the club.

The Russian star had a brilliant domestic campaign last season helping Zenit to the league title and Uefa Cup.

Arshavin only added to his reputation when he starred in Russia's final Euro 2008 group game - after being suspended for start of the tournament - against Sweden as scored the winner in the 2-0 triumph.

The 27-year-old is being tracked by clubs from Italy, Spain, France, Germany and England - with the likes of Newcastle, Manchester City, Everton and more recently Arsenal said to be interested.

Now Advocaat has confirmed that Arshavin want to move to one of Europe's biggest leagues.

"Andrei has told us that he wishes to change clubs," Advocaat told reporters on Friday.

"At present, in the way of offers, it is quiet.

"The situation may well change after the game against Holland for the national side."

:(

KK is back from hols, the Euro's will be finished next weekend. I'll disappointed (and more than a little worried) if we don't make a decent breakthrough within the next 2-3 weeks. The players will be back for pre-season before we know it.

I'd still go for Heskey or Crouch (if major signings come later; great) - from what I saw of Gomis he was no better than these two & has no PL experience. We need to get some new faces in; last pre-season activities should serve as a warning; we did too little too late. I think KK knows this better than anyone - Mike, the time to get you money out has arrived, now, today - I've renewed my ST & showed my commitment - you now do the same.

Gomis may not have looked any better then those two players in the Euro's, but one key thing to consider here is that he's 21, while Heskey is 30 and Crouch is 27.  Given the choice I'd go for Gomis every time.

BTW Tsunami, I could watch that Avatar all day long, its hypnotising :)

Daily Record says Pavlyuchenko could be sold for around 6m. celtic are sniffing around him, he would be well worth a 6m bid from us. Good strong striker.

Can't shoot for s***.

:iamatwat:

See that fizzing freekick he took? Get him in!

Daily Record says Pavlyuchenko could be sold for around 6m. celtic are sniffing around him, he would be well worth a 6m bid from us. Good strong striker.

Can't shoot for shit.

As crazy as it sounds I'll stick by that comment. I've watched all of Russia's games this tournament and a bit of Spartak and he's had some awful misses. He's the sort of striker who would succeed at a good team who would create many chances for him but if he were to come here where he'd get 1 or 2 good chances per game I'm not so sure he'd bury them.

Can't shoot for s***.

As crazy as it sounds I'll stick by that comment. I've watched all of Russia's games this tournament and a bit of Spartak and he's had some awful misses. He's the sort of striker who would succeed at a good team who would create many chances for him but if he were to come here where he'd get 1 or 2 good chances per game I'm not so sure he'd bury them.

but when we sign Arshavin as well he'll get plenty of chances  :snod:

Guest WalkervilleMag

Can't shoot for s***.

Beardsley/ Cole  = Ashavin/Pavlyuchenko  ? Maybe ?

if we are going to buy russian players i though Yuri Zhirkov did also look very good

:thup:

i agree and we shouldn't compare with similar players from that country but i can't help thinking "luzhny"

if we are going to buy russian players i though Yuri Zhirkov did also look very good

i agree and we shouldn't compare with similar players from that country but i can't help thinking "luzhny"

Worry not; he was Ukranian. :pow:

Worry not; he was Ukranian. :pow:

his name had a "z" followed by an "h" so thats close enough for me

A top Toon source said: “Keegan is convinced he can capture Aaron Lennon and revitalise his career.

“The lad's disappeared off the radar at Tottenham under Ramos and the fact they are trying to sign Bentley shows Lennon is obviously surplus to requirements.

“He is from the North, too. He was born in Leeds and coming to St James’ Park would bring him back much closer to home.

“And being at a club that wants him could be the boost he is looking for to kick-start his career again.

“He is lightning fast with great skill and likes to bomb forward down the flanks.

“That is the sort of player that Kevin Keegan loves and the boss is sure that he can get the very best out of Lennon again.

“It wasn't long ago that everyone was talking about him as the new David Beckham for England.

“He burst on to the scene at the World Cup in Germany a couple of years ago and looked a sure bet.

“But he has found it tough to maintain that form and lost his way with club and country. That is why the gaffer reckons Lennon will jump at the chance to make a change and get his career back on track again.”

A top Toon source. :iamatwat:

They reckon £6m, FWIW.

Guest Heneage

ibrahim afellay good prospect

Watched him for a few years both on FM and on Telly. The boys got it, £7M and he's ours.