Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Heneage

I see it was translated literally "Students" :lol:

Id love this considering SPurs spent 10m on a dodgy keeper.

Gomes? Dodgy keeper? I'd say Gomes is definetly not a dodgy keeper. Certainly a VAST improvement over Robinson.

Good shot stopper but flaps more than an eplileptic Duck.

Guest JamesD

Gomes? Dodgy keeper? I'd say Gomes is definetly not a dodgy keeper. Certainly a VAST improvement over Robinson.

Zing!

Guest Brewcastle

I don't think Skjeldbred is worth signing...  he was a big talent a few years ago, but if he was really something, he would have been sold now.... He would flop at Newcastle....

Right and wrong! -He was a big talent a few years ago, but got a break(!) in his progress because of a Greek did "cut off" his leg in Chamions League (after Per Ciljan have been brilliant).

The way Per Ciljan have made his comeback shows he have what it takes to be a professional!

With Keegans way to play football I think NUFC is one of the clubs he can succeed with. With Sam A. he maybe could have been a flop.....

Absolute nonsense. I´ve seen him for years in Holland now, playing for a rival team no less, and he is curently one of the best goalkeepers in Europe beyond a doubt. He won titles for PSV almost singlehandedly. I would say replacing Robinson with Gomes with all other things being equal would mean about 10 points more in the Premiership for them..

I havent really seen much of him but surely £10 million for a quality defender in his prime is not "a lot of money".

but he's not a quality defender. So it is a lot of money.

This. I would hate to see Mathijsen at our club. Very, very average..

Guest Heneage

Absolute nonsense. I´ve seen him for years in Holland now, playing for a rival team no less, and he is curently one of the best goalkeepers in Europe beyond a doubt. He won titles for PSV almost singlehandedly. I would say replacing Robinson with Gomes with all other things being equal would mean about 10 points more in the Premiership for them..

Oh come on, he showed glimpses against Tottenham of how dodgy he can be when he almost killed Salcido taking a routine catch.

Very neat young player, wouldn't complain.

What is more interesting is the amount of links coming out of Spain recently. Seems to follow a pattern:

We need attacking midfielder + Main scout used to work his trade in Spain = Links to Aimar, De La Red and Xavi Prieto

Where did the link to De La Red come from?

Not being funny, but I thought that one was just Deep being a dickhead again.

To be honest I can't remember, I probably read it in her somewhere, so yeah probably Deep been a dick head again...

Why on earth would we want Anton Ferdinand?

I'll get shot down for this Dave but i actually believe he will be a very good centre half when he gets a bit older. However, i don't believe he is the player for us.

We need someone in the peak of their career.

I'll get shot down for this Dave but i actually believe he will be a very good centre half when he gets a bit older. However, i don't believe he is the player for us.

I'd take a gamble on him as well at a decent price, he has all the ingredinets, he's basically a cockney version of Steven Taylor, at a decent price id wouldnt turn him away. Could be a good defender, definitely wont be a shit one, back up at worst.

I won't shut you down because I agree.

His only problem right now is one of maturity and focus which I believe will come as he gets older and he gets the young, rich and famous out of his system. His first season at West ham in the prem he was very good and then the hype came along and he got carried away with all that.

Get him away from London and at a more disciplined and structured club and he will certainly improve as a player, and even moreso as he gets older.

His only problem right now is one of maturity and focus which I believe will come as he gets older and he gets the young, rich and famous out of his system. His first season at West ham in the prem he was very good and then the hype came along and he got carried away with all that.

Get him away from London and at a more disciplined and structured club and he will certainly improve as a player, and even moreso as he gets older.

Unless he does a Bramble.

At the end of the day, Bramble was a risk worth taking, the problem wasnt signing Bramble, the problem was getting rid of Bramble when it became clear he wasnt up to it.

Bramble to me was just never there mentally. He never was strong enough mentally to get through a game of football without losing it completely.

The thing about Bramble was that he lacked so much confidence and so even when he wasn't making mistakes he always looked unsure of himself and very vulnerable and this gave the strikers playing against him an immense boost of confidence which is not good. Despite his physical attributes he never really intimidated the strikers he went up against.

A lot of defenders make mistakes and are nowhere near as talented as Bramble but still they are far more intimidating and difficult to play against.

This was always Brambles biggest problem to me. If anything Ferdinand is too confident in himself. He will not be Bramblesque. At the very worst he would be a solid backup but under the right conditions I think he could be near the level of his brother someday.

well his brother was a knacker for a few years when he was younger too, drink driving, dodgy videos etc, but he matured into a world class defender, not saying anton will like but he'll be a lot better away from london i think

Guest Brewcastle

NUFC homepage concider Per Ciljan Skjelbred as "21-year-old Norway defender....".

Seems like NUFC haven't any close eye to "Ciljan". Because he isn't a defender  :iamatwat:

Anyway. Fulham have shown their interest. So with NUFC speed at the transfer-market it's to believe he will be a Fulham-player if he leaves Rosenborg BK. -Looks like Fulham is close to a deal with picking up the Rosenborg-defender Fredrik Stoor.....