Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

To be fair to him I've never seen his performances for Samdoria, I just remember all the hype, yet in Euro 2004 he bombed while a certain Rooney who many Italian fans were saying was nowt compared to Cassano showed him how it's done. Just never been impressed by him.

Just as a footnote to that, Rooney has done nothing since then in an England shirt to justify that hype.

Joe Cole's probably been the one player for England since then that looks like he can do something.

I'd love to see us make a bid for the out-of-favour Bayern Munich midfielder Bastien Schweinstager (sp?).  Strong midfielder, with a good gengine and a wicked long range shot.

According the coverage of the Bayern game against Getaffe, Schweinstager has rarely featured for Hitzfeld's Bayern this season.  Of course this may be a case if him just waiting out Hitzfeld, and waiting for Klinnsman to arrive for whom he featured strongly in the 06 World Cup.

I thought Schweinstager was great for Germany in the WC, and am suprised to hear that he is out of favour at Bayern.  Wonder what he would cost though?

Cassano is not on a Bosman, a fee has already been agreed with Samp & Cassano is going to take a huge pay cut to join Samp. Real Madrid are paying the bulk of his wages this year. Good player looked like he was going to follow Baggio, Del P & Totti onto the world stage when he got his move from Bari to Roma but looks like he will be a very good domestic player but never a global player.  

I'd love to see us make a bid for the out-of-favour Bayern Munich midfielder Bastien Schweinstager (sp?).  Strong midfielder, with a good gengine and a wicked long range shot.

According the coverage of the Bayern game against Getaffe, Schweinstager has rarely featured for Hitzfeld's Bayern this season.  Of course this may be a case if him just waiting out Hitzfeld, and waiting for Klinnsman to arrive for whom he featured strongly in the 06 World Cup.

I thought Schweinstager was great for Germany in the WC, and am suprised to hear that he is out of favour at Bayern.  Wonder what he would cost though?

he's shit now... maybe he can't manage the pressure of the hype

he's shit now... maybe he can't manage the pressure of the hype

Reminds me of Seb Deisler and Lars Ricken in a way. All the attributes physically but lacking stuff up there.

he's s*** now... maybe he can't manage the pressure of the hype

Yep, commentators said he was having a poor season, but you don't get bad quickly except for loosing your confidence.  Having said that, he had a good game against Gettafe.....I'd love to see him come in to play in Butt's DM anchor role.

Yep, commentators said he was having a poor season, but you don't get bad quickly except for loosing your confidence.  Having said that, he had a good game against Gettafe.....I'd love to see him come in to play in Butt's DM anchor role.

What the fuck?

Do you want to sign Ronaldo and play him left back as well?

What the f***?

:lol:

Guest Knightrider

To be fair to him I've never seen his performances for Samdoria, I just remember all the hype, yet in Euro 2004 he bombed while a certain Rooney who many Italian fans were saying was nowt compared to Cassano showed him how it's done. Just never been impressed by him.

Just as a footnote to that, Rooney has done nothing since then in an England shirt to justify that hype.

No, but he's done it for Man Utd which is arguably a bigger platform giving the level they operate at.

No, but he's done it for Man Utd which is arguably a bigger platform giving the level they operate at.

Sorry I thought you were comparing their international performances having not seen much of Cassano at club level :)

Thierry Henry according to Michael Walker in the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-3-reading-0-keegan-kickstart-trick-has-newcastle-dreaming-of-star-signings-805459.html

No quotes mind, but still, here you go...

So now today is all about tomorrow. And the dream.

And the dream is Thierry Henry. Keegan said it a few weeks ago to a young boy on a local phone-in and he repeated Henry's name again this week at one of the many low-key functions Keegan attends on Tyneside. Henry may sound like fantasy football but Keegan has also expressed pragmatism – "We need at least one new left-back."

But a tone has been set and it is over to Mike Ashley, absent here. "The owner is the one who's going to have to find the finances for whatever's going to happen," Keegan said. "Mr Ashley said he wanted to win something in three and a half years. When we sit down in the next few weeks we'll see how desperate he is to win something in that time.

;D

What the f***?

Schwienstager is no MidFielder in the Ronaldo role, but perhaps the holding DM is not quite his best role. Certainly playing the Barton/Geremi role in the 4-3-3 would suit him.  Still like to see him in the B&W Stipes.

of those I`d take:

Does anyone know if there is a list of players available on Bosman frees in the Summer?

I've found this but you have to register: -

http://www.givemefootball.com/transferdirectory/proregister.cfm

It seems to only cover PFA players. It has a ringing endorsement from "Sam Allardyce, Manager : Newcastle United"!

Also, found this list dated 27/02/08, using Google. I'm not sure how accurate it is: -

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/33092-summer-bosmans.html

Jorquera

Sylvinho

Edmilson

Santiago Ezquerro

Jose Izquiredo

Bernardo Romeo

Pasqual Cygan

Robert Pires

Wes Brown

Sami Hyypia

Harry Kewell

Hilario

Zoltan Gera

Patrick Muller

Bernard Mendy (back up for Beye)

Mario Yepes

Sylvain Armand

Johan Micoud

Abdelaziz Kamara

Jonathan Perina

Ludovic Magnin

Daniel Bierofka

Zlatan Bajramovic

Gustavo Varela

Pierre Wome

Jurcia Vranjes

Ivan Klasnic

Athrison

Carsten Ramelow

Dmitri Bulykin

Veljko Paynovic

Maxi Rodriguez (not sure he`d come but would be fantastic on the right)

Ewerthon

Loukas Vyntra

Turaci

Soti Kyrgiakos

Alexander Meier

Javier Zanetti

Olivier Dacourt

Hernan Crespo

Luis Jimenez - creative player that can play on the wing/2nd striker

Santiago Solari

Antonio Cassano

Pavel Nedved

Nuno Frechaut

Ivica Krizanac

Anthony Seric

Ezequiel Gonzalez

Tomas Sivok

Angelo Bassinas

Thiago Motta

Juan Valera

Nuno Valente

Danny Murphy

Phillipe Christinval

Nobby Solano  - cover for a top class right winger who i hope we sign but i guess he wants to stay in London

Wilfred Bouma

Roman Bednar

Lee Wallace

Kanu

Geovanni

Dietmar Hamann

Kasper Schmeichel

Fabio Laverani

Tomas Ujfalusi

Eugeni Aldonin

Marcos Assuncao

Kanga Akale

Vadim Karlaschuk

Antonio Nunez

Jorge Larena

Vlad Munteanu

Mama Bagayoko

Alan Rochat

Jerko Luko

Olivier Veigneau

Sebastian Kehl

Philip Degen

Thomas Chatielle

Guillame Gillet

Sherif Ekramy

Edgar Davids

Sammy Kuffour

Puis Ikedia

Leo

Andrea Luiz

Marat Izmailov

Moura Pinherio

Derlei

Mark Fitzpatrick

Ross McCormack

Guillaume Beuzelin

Why do people keep mentioning Nolan? The Bolton fans don't like him, what does that say?

That they don't like him, obviously. Any more stupid questions you'd care to ask?

Guest Stephen927

Saviola and Diarra from madrid both expected to leave and would be great signings

Not sure about Diarra but Saviola is a bit hit and miss.