Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

If we're looking for a young "back up" right back, I think Ryan Taylor from Wigan is a great shout! He cant get a game as Melchiot is there so played left wing yesterday! He's pretty versitile and scores a couple of goals. Was pretty impressed by him to be honest! Any views?

I like him, bit injury prone though.

He isn't all that young either (about 25 I think).

Edit: 24 in August.

If we're looking for a young "back up" right back, I think Ryan Taylor from Wigan is a great shout! He cant get a game as Melchiot is there so played left wing yesterday! He's pretty versitile and scores a couple of goals. Was pretty impressed by him to be honest! Any views?

Still younger than Beye but still a great back up! Maybe we could the best out of him?

Still younger than Beye but still a great back up! Maybe we could the best out of him?

Would be a good signing for the squad imo. Can play a lot of positions and takes a decent set piece.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would be a good signing for the squad imo. Can play a lot of positions and takes a decent set piece.

Not going to happen

Remember Keegan is looking for 4-5 players to go into the first team therefore need to be better than what we have

Not going to happen

Remember Keegan is looking for 4-5 players to go into the first team therefore need to be better than what we have

But we only have one left back and when Carr leaves, 1 right back. Going to need cover somewhere! And i think we are prett settled for our starting full backs, just need good cover!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Possible centre backs;

Wes Brown

Tal Ben Haim

Gerard Pique

Cuellar

Brown from that list

Cuellar has had rave reviews but personally dont know much about him

I like Ryan Taylor but I think we need to improve the starting XI before we sign back up players.

Guest pont-toon

Possible centre backs;

Wes Brown

Tal Ben Haim

Gerard Pique

Cuellar

should probably add daniel van buyten to that list - keegan signed him on a 6 month loan deal for Citeh and he was well impressed iirc

Possible centre backs;

Wes Brown

Tal Ben Haim

Gerard Pique

Cuellar

should probably add daniel van buyten to that list - keegan signed him on a 6 month loan deal for Citeh and he was well impressed iirc

Good shout. Him and Faye would be a nice combination.

Guest LucaAltieri

Possible centre backs;

Wes Brown

Tal Ben Haim

Gerard Pique

Cuellar

Not good enough.

Cough up cash Ash

Apr 6 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

KEVIN KEEGAN last night challenged Newcastle owner Mike Ashley to bankroll a Magpies’ glory bid next season.

Having tasked Keegan with winning a major trophy, the United manager wants the billionaire benefactor to put his money where his mouth is . . .

And splash enough cash to give Newcastle a chance of competing with the Premier League elite for the best players this summer.

“Mr Ashley said he wanted to win something in three-and-a-half years. When we sit down in the next few weeks we’ll see how desperate he is to win something in that time!” Keegan said.

“That will become clear when we see the players this club will go after in the summer.”

Regular first-team football at St James’s is what Keegan hopes will persuade top players to come.

Keegan admitted: “We’ll be going for the very best but there might be a failure rate this time around way above what we had last time.

“But you hope you could appeal to some of the players who go to the top four clubs and don’t play every week that here at Newcastle you’d get regular first-team football.

“Those players, like Hargreaves and Nani, go to places like Manchester United wanting to play first-team football every week. I’d like to think we can still go for those players.”

And Keegan added: “I’ve said we need four or five players, but that doesn’t need to cost a lot of money.

“You can get Bosmans worth £10 million, so we’ll see what we can do there too.”

That's the second time I've heard Keegan mention signing Bosman players since his return. Does anyone know if there is a list of players available on Bosman frees in the Summer?

That's the second time I've heard Keegan mention signing Bosman players since his return. Does anyone know if there is a list of players available on Bosman frees in the Summer?

Wes Brown

Flamini

Mellberg (signed pre contract with Juventus)

Carr

Ramage

Wes Brown

Flamini

Carr

Ramage

Hary Kewell I think

Guest LucaAltieri

Wes Brown

Flamini

Carr

Ramage

Hary Kewell I think

And which of these are worth £10m?

Flamini possibly.

Does anyone know if there is a list of players available on Bosman frees in the Summer?

I've found this but you have to register: -

http://www.givemefootball.com/transferdirectory/proregister.cfm

It seems to only cover PFA players. It has a ringing endorsement from "Sam Allardyce, Manager : Newcastle United"!

Also, found this list dated 27/02/08, using Google. I'm not sure how accurate it is: -

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/33092-summer-bosmans.html

Jorquera

Sylvinho

Edmilson

Santiago Ezquerro

Jose Izquiredo

Bernardo Romeo

Pasqual Cygan

Robert Pires

Wes Brown

Sami Hyypia

Harry Kewell

Hilario

Zoltan Gera

Patrick Muller

Bernard Mendy

Mario Yepes

Sylvain Armand

Johan Micoud

Abdelaziz Kamara

Jonathan Perina

Ludovic Magnin

Daniel Bierofka

Zlatan Bajramovic

Gustavo Varela

Pierre Wome

Jurcia Vranjes

Ivan Klasnic

Athrison

Carsten Ramelow

Dmitri Bulykin

Veljko Paynovic

Maxi Rodriguez

Ewerthon

Loukas Vyntra

Turaci

Soti Kyrgiakos

Alexander Meier

Javier Zanetti

Olivier Dacourt

Hernan Crespo

Luis Jimenez

Santiago Solari

Antonio Cassano

Pavel Nedved

Nuno Frechaut

Ivica Krizanac

Anthony Seric

Ezequiel Gonzalez

Tomas Sivok

Angelo Bassinas

Thiago Motta

Juan Valera

Nuno Valente

Danny Murphy

Phillipe Christinval

Nobby Solano

Wilfred Bouma

Roman Bednar

Lee Wallace

Kanu

Geovanni

Dietmar Hamann

Kasper Schmeichel

Fabio Laverani

Tomas Ujfalusi

Eugeni Aldonin

Marcos Assuncao

Kanga Akale

Vadim Karlaschuk

Antonio Nunez

Jorge Larena

Vlad Munteanu

Mama Bagayoko

Alan Rochat

Jerko Luko

Olivier Veigneau

Sebastian Kehl

Philip Degen

Thomas Chatielle

Guillame Gillet

Sherif Ekramy

Edgar Davids

Sammy Kuffour

Puis Ikedia

Leo

Andrea Luiz

Marat Izmailov

Moura Pinherio

Derlei

Mark Fitzpatrick

Ross McCormack

Guillaume Beuzelin

Guest LucaAltieri

Assuming that's accurate then a few of them are worth going after.

Zoltan Gera

Bernard Mendy

Pierre Wome

Alexander Meier

Luis Jimenez

Antonio Cassano

Pavel Nedved

Wilfred Bouma

Sebastian Kehl

Can't see Cassano or Nedved going anywhere for nowt, though.

there's plenty of people on that list that'd not only provide competition, but some of them would improve our first team..

..by a lot.

But of course, many of them will be snapped up by foreign clubs who are in Europe. Just skimming the list you can see names like Magnin (quality LB), Crespo, Solari, Seb Kehl, Assuncao, Dacourt and Ewerthon.