Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Rangers defender Cuellar snubs move to 'losers' Newcastle and insists he would rather 'win trophies' at Ibrox

Last updated at 11:18am on 16th April 2008

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has snubbed a move to Newcastle United, insisting he is not interested in playing for a "club at the bottom".

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan was keen on bringing the Spanish defender, who is this season's player of the year in Scotland, to St James' Park and travelled to Glasgow to watch him play on two occasions.

But Cuellar, 26, has three-and-a-half years left on his contract and says he would much rather stay at Ibrox and "win trophies" rather than "play for a club at the bottom".

Who?

Never heard of him :lol:

Rangers defender Cuellar snubs move to 'losers' Newcastle and insists he would rather 'win trophies' at Ibrox

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has snubbed a move to Newcastle United, insisting he is not interested in playing for a "club at the bottom".

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan was keen on bringing the Spanish defender, who is this season's player of the year in Scotland, to St James' Park and travelled to Glasgow to watch him play on two occasions.

But Cuellar, 26, has three-and-a-half years left on his contract and says he would much rather stay at Ibrox and "win trophies" rather than "play for a club at the bottom".

Who?

Bit unecessarily harsh if those quotes are true.

Who?

Dont see him as a good buy anyway, clearly he is a good defender in the SPL but then again so is Gary Caldwell.

Guest Stephen927

What about Joe Cole as the offensiv midtfielder? He has been to much at the bench this year, and i might think that hes not happy with that.

No chance, I doubt he'd fancy coming here when we're not playing in Europe. Same with Malouda.

Wright-Phillips I can see as likely, we could offer first team football, the only concern is whether other clubs go in for him, which of course will happen. Plus some of the best football he's played in his career came when he played under Keegan. Might fancy us as the perfect pedastal to get into the England squad constantly.

Relatively realistic possiblities (excluding players i haven't seen play)

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

Take Crouch Downing and Gilberto off and it would be a bad list

What about Joe Cole as the offensiv midtfielder? He has been to much at the bench this year, and i might think that hes not happy with that.

Never happen but would love it and would be a player KK would love

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

"Realistic"

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

"Realistic"

I meant it wouldnt be a bad list

Who?

The only quotes there are "win trophies" and "play for a club at the bottom".. misguided comments IMO considering he's talking about mickey mouse trophies but not exactly harsh.  Everything else there is the work of which ever cunt wrote the article.

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

"Realistic"

I meant it wouldnt be a bad list

Ah right :thup:

Guest Stephen927

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

-Downing - Can't see Boro selling to us, and if they did, it would be £5m more than other teams.

-SWP - Would love him here. Would flourish once again under Keegan and a good move for all concerned if it happened.

-Crouch - Good player, right attitude. Questionnable finishing but would fit in well where Viduka currently plays in the 4-3-3.

-Lennon - Very raw player. First instinct is a no.

-Dunne - Can't see City parting with him.

-Gilberto - Legs have gone.

-Mcgeady - Haven't seen him play a lot to be honest.

-Barnes - Decent potential, wouldn't be too far away from a first team place. Would wait and see if someone better becomes available.

-Crouch - Good player, right attitude. Questionnable finishing but would fit in well where Viduka currently plays in the 4-3-3

I would rather just stick with Viduka myself. Crouch doesn't have his footballing brain, his technique, or his finishing. Crouch is obviously fitter and has better, although not great, athleticism, but i value Viduka's advantages more.

how about Luis Valencia?

He`s looked a very good buy for Wigan from Villareal and he might add that bit of South American flair on the right wing for us. That Palacios looks good as well. Incidentally Man U are both linked with them today. I`d prefer either over the likes of McGeady who are not proven in the EPL

Guest GAMMELL

Don't know if its been mentioned but from the BBC Gossip Column

"Everton manager David Moyes is tracking Newcastle full-back Steven Carr, whose contract expires at the end of the season." (Daily Mirror)

Hope to god he f*cks off.

how about Luis Valencia?

He`s looked a very good buy for Wigan from Villareal and he might add that bit of South American flair on the right wing for us. That Palacios looks good as well. Incidentally Man U are both linked with them today. I`d prefer either over the likes of McGeady who are not proven in the EPL

That list of players Man U are supposadly after makes little or no sense. Why do they need 3 more central midfielders and another winger, arguably the two places where they are most covered. I agree though, the two Wiganers look decent.

how about Luis Valencia?

That list of players Man U are supposadly after makes little or no sense. Why do they need 3 more central midfielders and another winger, arguably the two places where they are most covered. I agree though, the two Wiganers look decent.

Agree with palacios, that guy has an engine and a half.

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

-Downing - Can't see Boro selling to us, and if they did, it would be £5m more than other teams.

-SWP - Would love him here. Would flourish once again under Keegan and a good move for all concerned if it happened.

-Crouch - Good player, right attitude. Questionnable finishing but would fit in well where Viduka currently plays in the 4-3-3.

-Lennon - Very raw player. First instinct is a no.

-Dunne - Can't see City parting with him.

-Gilberto - Legs have gone.

-Mcgeady - Haven't seen him play a lot to be honest.

-Barnes - Decent potential, wouldn't be too far away from a first team place. Would wait and see if someone better becomes available.

Everyone was sayingt hat Nicky Butt was finished and outr midfeild were rubbish, KK has turned it round I bet Gilberto would look fresh under KKs management.