Second Favourite Teams?

ChrisJbarnes

They deserve to be in the top flight solely because they' let me score tickets whenever I'm in London on a weekend and just want to see footy of any kind.

I've lost count of the number of times I've told friends traveling to the UK for the first time who want to watch a Prem match to "just get some Fulham tickets."

I'd root for them to stay up but that would probably dramatically increase our chance of going down so.. Yeah, too bad.

Along with Middlesborough and Wigan one of the most pointless teams in the Premiership. Every time there is a match on TV/ at SJP involving any of these three my heart sinks, because invariably it will be dross. Hope they go down just so someone with any ambition/capable of producing excitement can take their place. Crap.

They deserve to be in the top flight solely because they' let me score tickets whenever I'm in London on a weekend and just want to see footy of any kind.

I've lost count of the number of times I've told friends traveling to the UK for the first time who want to watch a Prem match to "just get some Fulham tickets."

I'd root for them to stay up but that would probably dramatically increase our chance of going down so.. Yeah, too bad.

fulham v blackburn was a fiver as well.

Once?

Once?

nah, I'm pretty blinkered but I'm pretty sure I can count to one.

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the fuck is that all about.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!  :indi:

:angel:

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the fuck is that all about.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!   :indi:

Why would you want to support a team form somewhere you weren't from?

Second teams from anywhere is bad enough, but another in the EPL, as the first poster clearly has, is mental.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!   :indi:

Second teams from anywhere is bad enough, but another in the EPL, as the first poster clearly has, is mental.

well, i like kaiserslautern just for their logo!  http://www.soccerway.com/teams/germany/1-fc-kaiserslautern/home

i just like to have a laugh with that big old logo right out there saying, " 1 FCK"   

it's immature certainly, but it's not like football isn't a game after all...

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

I've got a few teams that I look out for.  None of them are in direct competition with eachother mind.

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

why? im not from newcastle, i see all the london away games and one home game a season, and occasionally attend fulham matches, because i like them and their cheap! i love newcastle, like fulham and hate pretty much all other premiership teams therefore, fulham would be my second favourite team. i see no problem? thered be no point paying money to go to a fulham game and then hoping they all get injured and that the stadium explodes

Considering that about 50% of the posters here are not from the Newcastle metropolitan area, I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers to that question.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!  :indi:

So what if I don't live in Newcastle? I've followed Newcastle my entire life, but because I don't live in Newcastle, or even have an English nationality, I'm not a worthy follower of the team? I fail to see where that makes sense, and I won't even bother start saying why people would support a team from a town they are not from. I'd rather see you back up your statement as to why someone supporting a team that is not from where they're from is the correct answer, 'cause I think you'd have a hard time making a valid point backing that up.

As for having a "second" team, can you honestly say you've not paid more attention to teams around the world after managing teams on FM for instance? It's not like people are rampant fans of these "second" teams, but there are certain teams that if were on the telly I would want to watch just for the pleasure of watching football.

Though of course if you follow two teams in the same league almost with the same passion I'd say there was something wrong with that person and he'd/she'd need to get put to sleep. You don't have "second" teams in the same league, it's a given.