Ronaldo's Career Possibly Over

Tooj

Pretty much 'won' the league for Inter that season they were robbed by Juve. Amazing in the Uefa Cup Final against Lazio too.

Remember that actual game against Juve when he was fouled for a blatant penalty for it not to be given? Then Juve to go up the other end and one of there players to basically fall over and for it to be given. First and only time I'd ever wanted Inter to win something, just because of Ronaldo.

Aye, that's exactly what I was thinking of. I prefer Juve but that was a disgrace. All come out since then like.

Pretty much 'won' the league for Inter that season they were robbed by Juve. Amazing in the Uefa Cup Final against Lazio too.

Remember that actual game against Juve when he was fouled for a blatant penalty for it not to be given? Then Juve to go up the other end and one of there players to basically fall over and for it to be given. First and only time I'd ever wanted Inter to win something, just because of Ronaldo.

Aye, that's exactly what I was thinking of. I prefer Juve but that was a disgrace. All come out since then like.

Ah back when Football Italia was mint.

Aye, that was the Sunday afternoon match on Channel 4 that week wasn't it? Sure I can remember watching it live.

From what I remember it was aye.

Sure there was about 10 minutes of injury time or something as well.

Despite scoring all of those goals in 2002 I thought Rivaldo was just as good as him btw and he had a better World Cup in '98.

Rivaldo for me was the reason they won at 2002, shame he didn't get the same amount of credit Ronaldo got.

A lot of that has to with that ridiculous dive....against Turkey was it? Where he went down holding his face after the ball him in the thigh or something like that. Hard to make a hero out of that.

Despite scoring all of those goals in 2002 I thought Rivaldo was just as good as him btw and he had a better World Cup in '98.

Rivaldo for me was the reason they won at 2002, shame he didn't get the same amount of credit Ronaldo got.

A lot of that has to with that ridiculous dive....against Turkey was it? Where he went down holding his face after the ball him in the thigh or something like that. Hard to make a hero out of that.

Aye, looked a total bellend.

I was thinking about that game only yeasterday. ???

Aye, that was the Sunday afternoon match on Channel 4 that week wasn't it? Sure I can remember watching it live.

I'm pretty sure it was an evening kick off actually. Although you're right, it was shown live on CH4. A one-off switch to evening coverage due to the importance of the game.

He was nothing without Sir Bobby.

Shut tha fuck up. You're nothing in life to say something like that.

:lol:

Fuking hell, talk about over reaction.  :doh:

Pick your handbag up on your way off the dance floor.

Great player in his prime, but he didn't look after himself and had to keep battling back just to keep the pounds off, no wonder he suffered so many injuries, shame, on his day arguably the best player there's ever been.

Great player in his prime, but he didn't look after himself and had to keep battling back just to keep the pounds off, no wonder he suffered so many injuries, shame, on his day arguably the best player there's ever been.

Do you still not think Shearer was better? ;)

Guest The Libertine

if his career is over, we may finally get a decent dvd about him. he gets a 12 minute youtube video just showing some of his goals and all the dvd's available now are only on about an hour and really under-sell him.

I know you weren't looking for an answer but i can't help myself, i'm bored.  O0

Shearer had a limited talent but got 120% out of it by looking after himself and using his brain. That limit was very high but it was limited, Ronaldo should have only been limited by what the human body could do, but unfortunately he limited himself by bad lifestyle choices, poor fitness and a bad attitude, like nearly all Brazilians, once they've made it they go off the boil quickly, the money and hype takes over and they stop trying. Unlucky for him his mind wasn't the only thing that wasn't 100%, his body needed professional attention, he couldn't provide it. Just think what he would of become if he had Shearer's attitude, same goes for Adriano or Ronaldinho, or like i said a whole host of bad tempered ill fated Brazilians.

I know you weren't looking for an answer but i can't help myself, i'm bored.  O0

Shearer had a limited talent but got 120% out of it by looking after himself and using his brain. That limit was very high but it was limited, Ronaldo should have only been limited by what the human body could do, but unfortunately he limited himself by bad lifestyle choices, poor fitness and a bad attitude, like nearly all Brazilians, once they've made it they go off the boil quickly, the money and hype takes over and they stop trying. Unlucky for him his mind wasn't the only thing that wasn't 100%, his body needed professional attention, he couldn't provide it. Just think what he would of become if he had Shearer's attitude, same goes for Adriano or Ronaldinho, or like i said a whole host of bad tempered ill fated Brazilians.

Not really his fault though as well at the same time that his knees couldn't handle what talent he was given. He was lucky to come back when he done his knee the first time at PSV, especially at that age, much in the same way when Baggio wrecked his knee at Vicenza.

Care to name those Brazilians btw?

Apparently in Brazil they're saying that all his injuries were down to the fact that his muscles grew correctly but his tendons never managed to keep up, so they're saying he had some form of treatment in Holland to aid the process so to speak.

Not really that aware of Ronaldo contributing much to his injuries by his lifestyle. Could you elaborate a bit there Toon's Taylor? Beyond saying he was fat, that is.

Shame.  The best striker of my generation.

Cruzeiro - 13 games, 12 goals

PSV Eindhoven - 46 games, 42 goals

FC Barcelona - 37 games, 34 goals

Inter Milan - 69 games, 49 goals

Real Madrid - 127  games, 83 goals

A.C. Milan - 16 games, 9 goals

That is staggering, and of course he didn't just score goals.  At his peak his strength, speed and skill were also untouchable.  The complete player.

One of a kind and a true football great. :thup:

Great player, shame about the injury.  Although it always pissed me off the way commentators went on and on about him.  Maybe that has to do with the fact that in the US our commentators are traditionally terrible.  I remember one game where the guy was convinced that Ronaldo used a bad touch and pour control to fool the defender when it was just a bad first touch.  One of the few he had that game, but to call a bad touch a good touch just because its Ronaldo is just plain stupid.  Maybe I've held it against him a little too long, not his fault.

He was more then just a striker. He dominated games in ways that other players in history, barring maradonna, could never do. He could be an entire teams offence in one player. Sure, after his injuries he became a striker (a world class striker who scores 8 goals in a world cup), but pre-1999 ronaldo was more then just a striker.

You seriously havnt watched football long enough to think Maradona was the only except him to dominate, the best player to ever dominate was Pele he could win matches and it was severe to see him play a bad match.

Toon Taylor be quiet about something you dont know, the biggest off-field bad attitude he had was that he had two ferraris while he couldnt play for two years (according to the f**** media). He has always been a nice guy and never been seen on titti bars like his friends Adriano and Ronaldinho. I met with Ronaldo back in 97' i think it was and he was nice, and then i met again with him at the 2002 world cup and once again he was nothing but a sympathic guy. Nothing wrong with him, no attitude problem, loved his fans and you say like most brazilian, but if you only knew how their lifestyles as children were you would understand. I think you talk about Ronaldinho but he opened a football school in Brazil for almost 1 million euro and has donated more in the process.