Ronaldo's Career Possibly Over

Tooj

MILAN - A.C. Milan communicate that after the first checks made at the Galeazzi hospital in Milan to the player Ronaldo' date=' a rupture to his kneecap ligament was found in his left knee.[/quote']

"You can’t understand the noise Ronaldo’s knee made' date=' I heard it though."[/quote']

“Straight away Ronaldo told us: It’s like last time."

Milan have now confirmed Ronaldo has completely severed the tendon in his left knee, effectively ending his career.

The striker collapsed as he jumped to reach a cross during tonight’s 1-1 draw with Livorno and immediately the situation seemed to be serious.

His teammates waved for medical staff and called for a substitution as he was stretchered off the field in tears.

Ronaldo was rushed to a local hospital to undergo tests and initial reports suggesting he had completely severed the tendon were confirmed on the official Rossoneri website.

Ronnie has already suffered this type of injury twice before in 1998 and 2000, but that was in his right knee.

As there was talk of a possible retirement at the end of this season, if the diagnosis is confirmed then it is likely Ronaldo’s career is over.

An injury of this type requires a player to be out of action for between nine months and a year.

It's almost a decade since that final and just a little longer when it all started to go wrong despite all the success after. Yet despite all that went on my memories of Ronaldo will still be of a player who raised the bar for all players to reach since Maradona at his pomp, who knows what he could have acheived if it weren't for injuries and his motivational problems. One thing is for certain is that his genius is yet to have been matched by anyone of the the current generation and none of them ever will.  :weep:

Was thinking abt him the last day wondering how he was doing cause he could be a player we would have our eye on possibly!Thats really sad,def one of the best players I saw in his prime!Hope his career isnt finished,would be sad to end like this!Best of luck Ronnie! :thup: :thup:

He's the last great player of a generation still around and when Ronaldo goes, most of what drew me to football in the first place will have went with him. I know people say things such as we look back on the past with fond memories far too often and romantacise it a bit. But I grew up watching Ronaldo, Laudrup, Baggio, Zidane, Hagi, Stoitchkov, Weah all of those. To me now there just doesn't seem to be that level of flair and creativity breading itself at top level football anymore. :(

He's the last great player of a generation still around and when Ronaldo goes, most of what drew me to football in the first place will have went with him. I know people say things such as we look back on the past with fond memories far too often and romantacise it a bit. But I grew up watching Ronaldo, Laudrup, Baggio, Zidane, Hagi, Stoitchkov, Weah all of those. To me now there just doesn't seem to be that level of flair and creativity breading itself at top level football anymore. :(

Best? Yes. (Yes, better than Zidane...) Last? No. Figo? Rui Costa? Theres life in the old dogs yet!

(Youre a similar age to me by the sound of it. Jeez we're old. :weep:)

don't milk it lads, a fantastic player(in his prime) has reached the end of his career,it's been on the wane for long enough.

Ya...even if he retired tomorrow it still wouldnt feel final. Its been over for a while.

As a brazilian watching the match i knew that right there at that moment it was the end. You could feel his pain inside and although i think what hurt the most was that he feared his career was over and not the pain on the knee.

Its a sad day for anyone as i really expected him to get over it and finish his career in a fashionable way for AC Milan and National Team. I have to say i wish him the best in whatever he does next and hopefully its the best for him and his family that he stops now rather than suffer more.

Best player ive watched in my lifetime together with Rivaldo and Zidane i doubt ill watch such a talent. C.Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka cant be compared to these guys at their prime right now, although i do expect Kaka to become a better player then all these three. Ronaldo at his prime was when he was 20 years old winning the golden boot in europe and dominating the spanish and dutch league.

Guest MagicNumber9

He'll be fine man, regardless of his situation "king" kev will place a £40million bid in for him in summer.

Probably.