Ronaldo's Career Possibly Over

Tooj

Guest toonlass

Damnit, there was me thinking you meant Cristiano, and hoping that I just had another 10 voodoo dolls to work through before a week on saturday.

Damnit, there was me thinking you meant Cristiano, and hoping that I just had another 10 voodoo dolls to work through before a week on saturday.

Same. :laugh: Wasn't old enough to see him in his prime but he was still class at Real. Shame.

Guest Nufc4Life

Aye he was awesome at Barca, never been the same since the 98 World Cup Final to be fair, something dodgy happened that night , we've all heard the conspiracy theories im sure.

A goal he scored for Barca always sticks out for me, ran from about the half way line to score, think it might have been against Celta Vigo but im not sure, Barca won it 6-0 and he ruled the show.

Kasper I know you're trying to WUM, but just fuck off.

Im not trying to WUM. I'd respect the guy a hell of a lot more had he not thrown it away way too early. I mean he's only 31 years old. A lot of injuries yes but just look at him ffs...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1007/0jw73pxg346x212pm0nb7.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4954/c3media166009immaginedefe1.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/866/0jw744kf346x212gx7ri2.jpg

:weep:

Kasper I know you're trying to WUM, but just f*** off.

Im not trying to WUM. I'd respect the guy a hell of a lot more had he not thrown it away way too early. I mean he's only 31 years old. A lot of injuries yes but just look at him ffs...

look at the pictures of him from the summer, when he was working for hours and hours everyday to game himself back into shape to play the game he loves

Not going to write him of just yet but it isn't looking good is it? :(

If this is the end of his career then it'll be a real shame. He burst onto the scene and became the most dangerous forward in the world for a few seasons. Injuries and distractions off the field robbed the game of him when he should have been at his peak. He'll be remembered in different ways by different people - some will remember the  overweight and under-motivated Ronaldo. I'll try to remember him ripping defences to bits. :)

It'll be a sad way for a career to come to an end.

look at the pictures of him from the summer, when he was working for hours and hours everyday to game himself back into shape to play the game he loves

Good for him. Doesnt bring time back though does it? Could've been even more.

Good for him. Doesnt bring time back though does it? Could've been even more.

you're trying to spin so it's his fault, it's unfair

http://img.aftonbladet.se/sport/0707/04/ronaldony438.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4372/tjockisronaldoev2.jpg

My dad sat in the box right next to Sir Bobby for the Birmingham game. During a post-match conversation the subject of the best player he ever managed came up and I was very pleased to hear him say the 20 year old from Brazil, said he had a fantastic attitude to training and his body let him down

he'll be missed by me and anyone who appreciates football, and fuck anyone who thinks Shearer was better

he scored 9 in 16 for milan, hardly crap form is it? i read a thing a few years back saying that he was malnourished as a child and his frame simply can't sustain the amount of muscle and power needed for professional football. so it's not his fault he got injuries, not that you couldve thought it was anyway.

My dad sat in the box right next to Sir Bobby for the Birmingham game. During a post-match conversation the subject of the best player he ever managed came up and I was very pleased to hear him say the 20 year old from Brazil, said he had a fantastic attitude to training and his body let him down

he'll be missed by me and anyone who appreciates football, and f*** anyone who thinks Shearer was better

Shearer wasnt better.....he was fucking way better!!!He pissed all over Ronaldo!!! :razz:

Guest Nufc4Life

I can't understand why the WC Final of '98 is always the one mentioned, the one where he fucked up.

... when he scored two goals to win it for Brazil in the next one.

Amazing player.

Aye thats true, but that final was the only time we've really seen the ''real'' Ronaldo since that 98 Final.

I can't understand why the WC Final of '98 is always the one mentioned, the one where he fucked up.

Amazing player.

Aye thats true, but that final was the only time we've really seen the ''real'' Ronaldo since that 98 Final.

Never mind that entire World Cup scoring the most goals in a World Cup tournament for 32 years.

:laugh:

he'll be missed by me and anyone who appreciates football, and f*** anyone who thinks Shearer was better

Shearer wasnt better.....he was f****** way better!!!He pissed all over Ronaldo!!! :razz:

different players,different strengths

Amazing player.

Never mind that entire World Cup scoring the most goals in a World Cup tournament for 32 years.

:laugh:

that he was the best player in the world at 60% of his ability says something.

Aye he was awesome at Barca, never been the same since the 98 World Cup Final to be fair, something dodgy happened that night , we've all heard the conspiracy theories im sure.

A goal he scored for Barca always sticks out for me, ran from about the half way line to score, think it might have been against Celta Vigo but im not sure, Barca won it 6-0 and he ruled the show.

Ya...was against Compostela (Not the best name for a football team...kind of like Nutella but made of....). Long time ago...I think they're non-league now. Great goal tho. YouTube classic. The defenders pulling his shirt might as well have been water skiiing. Football from another planet.

Bobby's reaction at the end of that Compostela goal was class.  :laugh:

Anyone remember the hat-trick versus Valencia when on two of his goals he practically picked the ball up from inside his own half, just ran and slotted home.  :yikes:

Ya...was against Compostela (Not the best name for a football team...kind of like Nutella but made of....). Long time ago...I think they're non-league now. Great goal tho. YouTube classic. The defenders pulling his shirt might as well have been water skiiing. Football from another planet.

There was a goal which always stick in mind for me, not sure if its the game your on a bout but i remember him break picking the ball up from 40 yards out then forcing himself through a sandich of defenders with just  pure power and pace, then slap into the back of the net.