Tim Krul

Guest Deep456

Great news in my opinion.

I certainly think he is one for the future, he may have only played one first team game but he did show a lot of potential, hopefully we'll for once have someone to back up his potential instead of just promising.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

He has alot more potential then Forster.

Didnt understand why Forster was given a new contract.

I think in the next 2-3 years Crul must become our 2nd choice goalkeeper.

Harper is 33 so maybe he has 2-3 years left.

Hope he doesnt play here until he is 40 or something :yikes:

Tim Krul

unbelievable

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I still think this kid has a massive future ahead of him and for us let let him go would be crazy, even more so with all this talk of singing top young talent.

Did Falkirk get a permanent replacement for him when he got injured? If not, wouldn't it suit all parties if he went there on loan this season too?

Hopefully if we do loan him out we can get him to a Championship team at least, would prefer to have him playing at a higher level since he's been at the SPL for a year.

Guest Heneage

I want him to go to Holland somewhere that has excellent coaching standards and will improve him accordingly.

Tim Krul

unbelievable

I still think this kid has a massive future ahead of him and for us let let him go would be crazy, even more so with all this talk of singing top young talent.

Are you gay?

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

Sorry to disappoint you mate but you will not be lifting my shirt, go hunt elsewhere.

:D

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

Sorry to disappoint you mate but you will not be lifting my shirt, go hunt elsewhere.

Yeah Skirge's heart is only for the Krulster.

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

aye , He's unbelievable ya see.

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

So that's his secret identity on here?

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

Its no secret...

Would have been gutted if he left.....I get the feeling KK doesn`t rate him as highly as Forster and Soderberg though. I remember when KK first joined and he was talking about our keepers but didnt mention Krul`s name.....might have been a slip of the mind like!

Hope we keep him and send him out on loan for the next season or 2 prefereably the championship or dutch league. If Heerenveen and Feyenoord still want him then they can have him on loan by all means

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

Its no secret...

Not anymore it isn't  :pow:

Tim Krul

unbelievable

Are you gay?

:lol:

• 5 months later...

Carlisle hope to re-sign Krul

Newcastle situation means keeper's return is on hold

http://img.skysports.com/08/11/218x298/Tim-Krul-Newcastle_1511979.jpg

Carlisle United boss Greg Abbott is hoping to bring Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul back to Brunton Park.

Krul has returned to Newcastle after making nine appearances during a two-month loan spell at Carlisle.

Abbott wants to re-sign the Dutch youngster on loan, but accepts Magpies manager Joe Kinnear is currently reluctant to agree to a deal.

Newcastle keepers Shay Given and Steve Harper have both been linked with moves away, so Abbott will rely on Ben Williams while he awaits a decision from Kinnear.

"We are still waiting to see what happens with the Newcastle United situation but, at the moment, Tim Krul is their player," Abbott told the club's official website.

"If that situation gets resolved then there may be room for us to ask the question again, but we are very much on the back foot at the moment.

"Ben has been very patient and has worked very hard. I am sure that he is looking forward to getting his chance to prove himself again."

Krul on the bench when Shay is sold.

Krul and Forster are both very good prospects. I was pleased when Wise pulled the plug on Krul's move to Feyenoord in the summer and I'm even more pleased now Shay's getting itchy feet.

• 4 months later...
Tim Krul aiming to be Newcastle United's No 1

May 28 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

DUTCH young gun Tim Krul is the latest player to pledge his future to Newcastle United – and the promising keeper has underlined his desire to start the season as Toon’s No 1.

Krul joins Habib Beye, Damien Duff and Steven Taylor as players who have expressed a wish to battle on for Newcastle, as those who are keen to restore pride on Tyneside begin to clamber from the wreckage caused by relegation.

Steve Harper will undoubtedly start the Toon’s Championship campaign as first choice when second-tier action comes to Tyneside on August 8.

However, with Krul keen to press the Easingston-born stopper he also wanted to quash any talk that he wasn’t committed to aiding United’s bid for promotion at the first time of asking.

And the 21-year-old, who has been linked with Feyenoord and Chelsea in the past, said from the Netherlands today: “I don’t see any reason to leave Newcastle United.

“Why should I?

“It’s my first priority to start the new campaign as first-choice goalkeeper.

“I am willing to take up that challenge.

“We want to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible – and I hope to play a major part in it.”

Krul also sees Alan Shearer as the man to bring back the good times at St James’s Park.

He added: “He has made every possible effort to avoid relegation.

“Shearer is a fine coach and a strong character that is above the squad.

“I hope he will stay as at Newcastle.”

But Krul admits he found Sunday’s 1-0 defeat at Villa Park distressing.

He added: “It was a dramatic finale to the season.

“We has realised for some yet that disaster could strike, but it’s a shame we have not been able to avoid the dreaded drop.

“At half-time we were informed that a goal might do miracles, but, unfortunately, it was not to be.

“Relegation is a devastating blow to the club

“I think Newcastle will have to start from scratch.

“Relegation did not come overnight. Four coaches were in charge here in one season, which speaks volumes.

“Yet, at the end of the day, the squad is responsible.

“We have enough quality players, but somehow we never operated as a team.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/28/tim-krul-aiming-to-be-newcastle-united-s-no-1-72703-23733324/

We really need to infuse our current squad with more of these kinds of players who are genuinely hungry and eager to make a name for themselves, and actually have some life left in their bodies.

Guest toonlass

:clap:

Some good noises coming out of St James' Park, from players who most would actually like to see stay. Notice the deafening silence from the likes of Martins etc on their futures.