Tim Krul

Guest Deep456

He played one game for us at senior level and on that show looked better than both Given and Harper back then IMO, and I said so at the time. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go on to become a top keeper for a big club for us or somewhere else over the next few years, injury permitting.

Mike Hooper once saved a penalty from Jurgen Klinsmann

He played one game for us at senior level and on that show looked better than both Given and Harper back then IMO, and I said so at the time. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go on to become a top keeper for a big club for us or somewhere else over the next few years, injury permitting.

:thup:

He's going to be another Hooper then. Good point. :thup:

• 4 months later...

Surprised no-one else appears to have picked up on this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/17/dutch-aces-feyenoord-in-move-for-nufc-keeper-72703-21358638/

Dutch aces Feyenoord in move for NUFC keeper

Jul 17 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED keeper Tim Krul was today the subject of an official bid from Dutch giants Feyenoord.

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that Chelsea were interested in buying Krul from Newcastle before loaning him out to another club.

United themselves are looking to loan the Dutchman out this season.

The stopper is contracted until 2012, but even though Krul is just 20, there is no immediate path beyond either Shay Given or Steve Harper.

But sources in Holland today claim that the Rotterdam outfit – who Newcastle knocked out the Champions League in 2002 – are keen to offer The Hague-born youngster a chance of first-team football in the Dutch top flight against giants such as PSV Eindhoven and Ajax.

Should Feyenoord want to land Krul on a full-time basis, United could name their price, but the Frisian club will offer up to £2m.

Fellow Dutch outfit Heerenveen, another of United’s former Champions League opponents, are also interested in the keeper who gained experience on loan at Scottish Premier League outfit Falkirk.

Yet with Chelsea and the two Dutch sides expressing interest, and the keeper knowing United are likely to loan him out at some stage next term, the youngster is mulling over his options.

Krul signed a contract extension with the Magpies with improved conditions one season ago that will keep him at St James’ Park until the summer of 2012.

be surprised if we sold him and to be quite honest (from the little i've seen of him...1 first team game, about half dozen reserve games and 2 falkirk games) i'd rather let keep all three (him,harpoer,given) for one more season then ship out one of the older blokes.

Loan him out to Feyenoord and put the stipulation that he has to play a certain amount of games otherwise they have to cough up money or give him back, similar to what Man U did with Pique to Zaragoza a couple of season ago.

Also, Lee Ryder, should know we played Heerenveen in the Waffa not the CL.

Surprised no-one else appears to have picked up on this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/17/dutch-aces-feyenoord-in-move-for-nufc-keeper-72703-21358638/

Dutch aces Feyenoord in move for NUFC keeper

Jul 17 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED keeper Tim Krul was today the subject of an official bid from Dutch giants Feyenoord.

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that Chelsea were interested in buying Krul from Newcastle before loaning him out to another club.

United themselves are looking to loan the Dutchman out this season.

The stopper is contracted until 2012, but even though Krul is just 20, there is no immediate path beyond either Shay Given or Steve Harper.

But sources in Holland today claim that the Rotterdam outfit – who Newcastle knocked out the Champions League in 2002 – are keen to offer The Hague-born youngster a chance of first-team football in the Dutch top flight against giants such as PSV Eindhoven and Ajax.

Should Feyenoord want to land Krul on a full-time basis, United could name their price, but the Frisian club will offer up to £2m.

Fellow Dutch outfit Heerenveen, another of United’s former Champions League opponents, are also interested in the keeper who gained experience on loan at Scottish Premier League outfit Falkirk.

Yet with Chelsea and the two Dutch sides expressing interest, and the keeper knowing United are likely to loan him out at some stage next term, the youngster is mulling over his options.

Krul signed a contract extension with the Magpies with improved conditions one season ago that will keep him at St James’ Park until the summer of 2012.

They're clueless.. That's like saying Newcastle is a Welsh club..

Meanwhile, the talk on the soccer grapevine is that United would listen to offers for their young trio of striker Andy Carroll, keeper Tim Krul and defender David Edgar.

And it would not be a surprise if Shola Ameobi left the club before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/18/Prem-Krul-set-for-Heerenveen/

"This is a club that offered the most to me," he told the Dutch media about Heerenveen. "So that already gives me a special feeling.

"If Feyenoord make an offer, I am always open to a beautiful adventure in the south of Rotterdam.

"But we are as good as there [with Heerenveen]."

A permanent deal seems on the cards although it was suspected Newcastle would prefer a loan switch.

Don't fucking sell him for christ sake! :angry:

Meanwhile, the talk on the soccer grapevine is that United would listen to offers for their young trio of striker Andy Carroll, keeper Tim Krul and defender David Edgar.

And it would not be a surprise if Shola Ameobi left the club before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

I'm sure we would be open to offers for Carroll and Krul - to go out on loan.

Edgar and Ameobi only have a year left on their contracts do they not? Agent leaks to the press maybe to either get their clients names mentioned to other clubs to tempt a move or to jog the club into offering contracts

I'd be kinda disappointed if we sell him, but don't forget he only played that one game for us (blinder, admittedly) - did he impress in Scotland last year at all?

Perhaps Forster is rated higher.

I'd be kinda disappointed if we sell him, but don't forget he only played that one game for us (blinder, admittedly) - did he impress in Scotland last year at all?

Apparently he did very well at Falkirk. If this is the way our new youth system is going to work then we may aswell not bother. Fuck it.

It's another one of these that would be disappointing simply because the lad seems a good 'un, he's played out of his skin on his only appearance and he's quite highly rated. That's all surface stuff though.

You never know what's going on behind the scenes. He might want back to Holland, he might see that he's got no chance of getting a game here, like you say Forster might be more highly-rated now, we might see his injury proneness as a liability...

There'll be reasons either way, but I obviously hope we're not selling him just to get some money in, as it goes against everything we've been told that we're trying to do here.

Don't forget Sodeberg or whatever he is called.

Krul was a Roeder signing wasn't he? Ole a 3 Headed Beast signing. As they are the same age I guess one was always going to have to go at some point

Apparently he did very well at Falkirk. If this is the way our new youth system is going to work then we may aswell not bother. Fuck it.

Bit OTT. ???

Maybe he feels he's worth first-team football now, and we can't offer him it.

Edit - forgot about Soderberg.

Shipped a lot of goals but made a lot of saves.

Easy to impress as a keeper if the opposition get shot practice every game.

Apparently he did very well at Falkirk. If this is the way our new youth system is going to work then we may aswell not bother. f*** it.

Shipped a lot of goals but made a lot of saves.

Easy to impress as a keeper if the opposition get shot practice every game.

Yeah, very true I remember getting man of the match playing in nets after a 7-0 drubbing.