Tim Krul

Guest Deep456

I'd be kinda disappointed if we sell him, but don't forget he only played that one game for us (blinder, admittedly) - did he impress in Scotland last year at all?

Perhaps Forster is rated higher.

Don't forget Sodeberg or whatever he is called.

Krul was a Roeder signing wasn't he? Ole a 3 Headed Beast signing. As they are the same age I guess one was always going to have to go at some point

Souness signing.

Guest Stephen927

Would be gutted to see him go for £2m, but if the lad wants to go for first team football in his home country, fair play to him. But it has to be the right price imo.

Can't blame the lad for wanting to play football, especially after being injured last season.

But as he is contracted until 2012 I can't see the logic in selling him now. A seaosn on loan may push his value up, maybe Harper will want to leave next summer, maybe Forster will turn out to be bilge in the reserves this year.

Too many variables to make sense in selling him now.

If we sell, we should perhaps stick a £4m buy back option and a 50% sell-on clause into the deal.

Football Manager 2008 thread is in another forum, mate.  :aww:

If we sell, we should perhaps stick a £4m buy back option and a 50% sell-on clause into the deal.

Football Manager 2008 thread is in another forum, mate.  :aww:

If we had a £4m buy back and 50% sell on clause would we actually only be paying £2m to buy him back???

:lol:

Piet de Visser sees Tim Krul as the future Dutch number 1. The Chelsea scout has been impressed by the young goalkeeper.

"I see in Tim Krul in a number of years the new keeper of the Dutch national team," said De Visser. "He is now twenty, but may in the future the first goalkeeper. It is a pity that he now plays at Falkirk, but he is there."

"I've seen him a few times. At the Youth World Cup in Peru and the famous Toulon tournament, he was voted best goalkeeper. In my opinion he made an overwhelming impression. Tim is potentially the successor to Edwin van der Sar.''

I don't think we should sell him, definately loan him out, but we need to keep him to see how he develops.

Loan him out, say under no circumstance do we sell him. But let him be loaned and then bring him in first team in1 or 2 years. Hes very young, is he good enough to be starter in a year or so?

Thoughts?

Guest optimistic nit

I'd be kinda disappointed if we sell him, but don't forget he only played that one game for us (blinder, admittedly) - did he impress in Scotland last year at all?

Perhaps Forster is rated higher.

Don't forget Sodeberg or whatever he is called.

Krul was a Roeder signing wasn't he? Ole a 3 Headed Beast signing. As they are the same age I guess one was always going to have to go at some point

Krul is 3-4 years older than soderberg i think.

It would take some explaining if we sold him. Given and Harper are in their 30s. All out other keepers are young. Loan them out to get experience. Why would Krul want a permanent move to Holland? He may play one season there then return to play in the Premier League.

I'll believe we want to sell him when it happens and not before.

Not arsed if we sell Carroll like, only been given the time of day as he is a local lad.

And because he did well for the reserves. You might say that doesn't count for much but it doesn't stop Liverpool fans raving over the likes of Insua does it?

Best post of the day. Spot on about Carroll.

Not sure about his attitude, didn't exactly thrive at PNE when he had the chance to get some decent first team football under his belt.

Be utter madness to sell him tbh.

why ?

if someone offers us more than we feel he is worth then fine. not like we've seen enough to say how good he is.

but still i like the idea of 2 first teamers (harper.given) and two back ups/reserves (forster.krul) soderberg aint 18 till this sunday (research from madras..fucking hell people) so he is edge of reserves and in the youths.