Tim Krul

Guest Deep456

KRUL TO BE KIND FOR CHELSEA

ROOKIE Newcastle keeper Tim Krul is being eyed by Chelsea.

The Blues want to sign the Dutch Under-21 international in a permanent deal and then send him out on loan.

Ipswich are also interested in Krul, 20, along with Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord.

Newcastle’s Hungarian left-back Tamas Kadar is wanted on loan by Norwich’s ex-Toon boss Glenn Roeder.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/07/krul-for-chelse.html

KRUL TO BE KIND FOR CHELSEA

ROOKIE Newcastle keeper Tim Krul is being eyed by Chelsea.

The Blues want to sign the Dutch Under-21 international in a permanent deal and then send him out on loan.

Ipswich are also interested in Krul, 20, along with Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord.

Newcastle’s Hungarian left-back Tamas Kadar is wanted on loan by Norwich’s ex-Toon boss Glenn Roeder.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/07/krul-for-chelse.html

Wouldn't surprise me to find out this is true. Chelsea are the Starbucks of football. :hmm:

By no means should the club ever get rid of Krul - he has a lot of potential !

Jeff & Dennis know what they are doing. They have brought Ole in & given Fraser a new contract because Tim potential is maybe not as good as some would have you/us believe. Tim has also had few injuries so they may have taken an edge off him. Oh & couple of million for a player who has had very little first team football at Newcastle United may seem good business to the guardians of Newcastle United.

Guest Heneage

I think your way off here Spence. I've seen nothing of Foster to suggest hes any better than Krul.

I think your way off here Spence. I've seen nothing of Foster to suggest hes any better than Krul.

They are not my views, I am suggesting that may be the clubs thinking.

From the odd reserve game I watched last year Fraser looks a good goalie & he is a big ol unit, I haven't seen Krul play live since his academy days.

i'd be guessing for most all they have seen of krul was the palermo game and for forster the liverpool recerve game that was televised....in both games they were very good with man of the match performances.

From what I saw of Krul at Falkirk he has good technique and reflexes but he has a crazy head on him, comes flying out the box a lot and makes rash decisions. I guess that will come with experience though and yeah he looked good in Palermo too.

Guest Heneage

How much have you seen of either?

Ive seen a fair few of Kruls game for the Holland youth side. And been to a few of the reserve games with Foster.

To be honest Krul's injury record is horrible. He is better than Forster now but in a long term perspective may be Forster/Soderberg is the one whom we should develop

Guest Heneage

Ole is 17 well  18 today, but hes not ready by any stretch, and Krul has had 2 injuries. So what.

Guest Stephen927

Would rather him go out on loan, but a bid of £5m+ would be a bit hard to say no to I would say.

How much have you seen of either?

Ive seen a fair few of Kruls game for the Holland youth side. And been to a few of the reserve games with Foster.

You have no clue who is better.  a few games here and there,

Guest Stephen927

Would rather him go out on loan, but a bid of £5m+ would be a bit hard to say no to I would say.

Hit the "issue hands off warning" button.

But Chris Hughton thinks we should press "Available for the right price"  :lol:

Hit the "issue hands off warning" button.

But Chris Hughton thinks we should press "Available for the right price"  :lol:

Never listen to the assistant manager. If they knew what they were talking about they'd be the manager.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1348731,00.html

DUTCH goalkeeper Tim Krul has rubbished reports linking him with a move away from Tyneside and instead insists he is fully focused on getting a good pre-season under his belt with the Magpies.

The Holland under-21 star is highly-rated by United and has long been touted as a future full international ever since his match-winning debut for the Geordies during the 1-0 UEFA Cup win in Palermo two seasons ago.

Krul spent the majority of the last campaign on loan at SPL outfit Falkirk but returned to the North East towards the end of the season to begin his rehabilitation following a dislocated shoulder.

And, with those injury worries now a thing of the past, the 20-year-old says he is determined to prove his worth to gaffer Kevin Keegan.

"I've been training for two weeks, and it's been a good pre-season," said the Den Haag-born youngster.

"It's good to be back at the club, of course, and hopefully I'll get a couple of minutes in the next couple of weeks.

"I hope I get a chance - that's what you're fighting for in pre-season. I want to prove myself to the new manager, so he can see what I can do.

"We got to Spain on the pre-season tour, so we take it from there."

While Krul was quick to distance himself from newspaper quotes suggesting he was looking to further his career away from St.James'.

Added Tim: "There's been a lot of speculation, and I saw in a couple of papers it's already done, but it's just talk.

"There's always interest, but I need to get myself fit, prove myself and see what's happening.

"I can always happen. You never know what your future is. It can happen in one day, and it can happen in two or three years.

"But I love this club, and I've been here for three years. I love England, and especially Newcastle.

"Maybe in a couple of weeks, I can say more."