Chris Hughton

Quailman

According to SSN - Chris Hughton appointed new First Team Coach!

Former Spurs Number 2, but I don't know much more about him.

Is Kemsley running the fucking club?  :cheesy:

Seems like a good coach from what I've heard.  :thup:

From Wiki

'Christopher William Gerard "Chris" Hughton (born December 11, 1958 in Stratford) is an English-born Irish former footballer and was Assistant Manager of Tottenham Hotspur. He has recently been appointed Assistant Manager of Newcastle United, a move up in the world from Spurs.'

From Wiki

'Christopher William Gerard "Chris" Hughton (born December 11, 1958 in Stratford) is an English-born Irish former footballer and was Assistant Manager of Tottenham Hotspur. He has recently been appointed Assistant Manager of Newcastle United, a move up in the world from Spurs.'

;D I always trust Wiki so they must be right! Definitely a move up from Spurs!

Literally just spat blackcurrant juice all over my keyboard on reading this. Where did this come from? And more importantly where was our resident Spurs ITK Mr M Jol, with the news before it broke??

At least he should bring some defensive coaching with him anyway. Although he was part of Staunton's team of coaches for the Republic wasn't he? I hope he isnt going to favour Carr.

Make no mistake about it, CH is a top quality coach.  In the days when the Pro badge wasn't a necessity, there were only 3 pro badge holders in the premiership and Chris was one.  If he'd been no good at what he did, he wouldn't have been kept on by successive managers.  FWIW, Arnesen rated him as good as any coach he'd known, but I think he'd gone stale at the end, it was the right time for him to go when he did. 

On the Spurs forums he's still got pretty well near unanimous best wishes for the future, which is remarkable bearing in mind he's moved to Newcastle.  BTW, I've just had a fiver on Martin Jol being the Newcastle manager for the first match of next season.  Probably a fiver down the drain but if things don't go well this season I wouldn't rule it out, there was a huge amount of respect between MJ and CH.