Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

Guest guinness_fiend

I am currently watching StarSports and the anchorman commented on Eduardo's injury: "We will keep you updated, but judging by the photos that we have seen it looks like... er... he has lost his foot *shrugs*"  Sometimes I think we give the Sky pundits too much of a hard time...

Guest guinness_fiend

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Birmingham's Martin Taylor intentionally set out to injure Eduardo at St Andrews.

Taylor was dismissed within the opening stages of the 2-2 draw on Saturday when his over-the-top challenge on Eduardo broke the striker's leg.

Wenger was unhappy his side dropped two points in injury-time, although it was Taylor's challenge that left a sour taste in his mouth come the final whistle.

The vastly-experienced French tactician has confirmed Eduardo's season is over and he also fears the striker could well miss a substantial chunk of the next campaign.

"I think this guy should never play football again. What's he doing on the pitch?" fumed Wenger.

"I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now.

"The season is over for him and it's very, very bad. More than the season is over."

:weep:

Fuking hell, i've seen some rather nasty tackles from Arsenal in the last few games alone, nevermind the time under Wenger.

Fuking tit.

No surprise there, I am afraid.

Wenger wants to sensationalise the incident as much as possible to put pressure on the FA to (a) punish Taylor; and (b) ensure that his players continue to get preferential treatment from referees in the future.

He should actually be fined for commenting on the incident, to be fair.  If Wenger were that critical of a ref ("I think this guy should never referee again") he would be fined.  It is not Wenger's job to judge the incident.  It is the job of those on the FA panel responsible for these matters.  Wenger is entitled to and should look after his players, but should not be allowed to slander someone on live TV.

Looking at it dispassionately you might be right. But if you are a manager nurturing a young player of exceptional talent only to see his career put in jeapordy by a talentless hod-carrier going in with studs a foot high, you could be excused for being a bit angry.

True, but there is a time and a place for such comments.  Wenger of all people should know this, given the amount of times he has been chastised by the FA for his post-match comments etc.  Any other manager in the Premiership (bar Ferguson, perhaps) would be fined for saying the same.

(Wenger could have said, "The challenge looked very bad from where I was sitting.  I hope that the FA views the incident impartially and that a fair punishment is decided.  In the meantime, I hope that Eduardo makes a swift recovery.  We are all thinking of him.")

How many managers would really be that calm and collected after losing two points and one of his best players for god knows how long? Be honest now.

Don't get me wrong mate, I understand his response entirely.  I just think that he should be fined for it.  He cannot slander players and attempt to influence the FA.  This is the same Wenger, let us not forget, that never witnesses his own players hack people down.  I would go crazy if one of my players were injured, but that does not make it acceptable.

As an aside, Wenger did not express concern for the wellbeing of his player as a person.  He was more concerned with the fact that his team have dropped points.  He is hunting for sympathy during the remaining games for the benefit of the club - not for Eduardo.  That is disgusting in my eyes.

This isn't going to win Taylor any brownie points if the FA review the incident.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2wrp6rn.jpg

There's a clearer picture of that somewhere out there and you can tell he's sort of grimacing/cringing, which is an understandable thing considering what he's looking at. He's not smiling like he appears to be in this picture.

Exactly, that picture is bullshit.

Guest jcricthon

It looks to me like a joint break rather than an ankle break, and if my knowledge of anatomy serves me correctly it looks as though he has the break on the ankle joint which will be a few bones, probably shattered rather than a single bone broken. It's going to take some healing.

It looks to me like a joint break rather than an ankle break, and if my knowledge of anatomy serves me correctly it looks as though he has the break on the ankle joint which will be a few bones, probably shattered rather than a single bone broken. It's going to take some healing.

That's what I thought. Not just bones, but tendons, ligaments, you name it.

Spoke to a physio friend of mine who says that the main reason Eduardo got injured so badly was that his foot was wedged flat against the ground when there was impact. If his foot had been balanced in the 'normal' playing way it may not have been as bad.

Spoke to a physio friend of mine who says that the main reason Eduardo got injured so badly was that his foot was wedged flat against the ground when there was impact. If his foot had been balanced in the 'normal' playing way it may not have been as bad.

I don't think it takes a physio to realise one of the reasons why his leg is so fucked is because his foot was rooted squarely on the ground.

For months people have been saying an injury like this would come if those types of challenges continued and the player being tackled leg was standing/rooted.

http://www.net.hr/sport/page/2008/02/23/0067006.html

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/eduardu-slomljena-fibula-operacija-uspjesno-obavljena-u-birminghamu-/375632.aspx

Rough translation of these 2 articles:

Looks like the injury isn't as horrid as it looks. Apparently the first info Primorac got from Arsenal's doctors is that Edu is rather looking at a 6 months break, not a year-long one. He was promptly operated in Birmingham where it was established that he'd only (insert irony) broken his outer bone (fibula) in his left foot, whereas the inner bone was left intact. This was confirmed by both Gary Lewin and Edu's wife. Further exams will be taken in London, where Edu will be transported tomorrow. A glimmer of hope indeed.

Shocking challenge,fucking unbelievable that anyone can try to defend it,high and horrible,when you go in like that you can expect nowt else.

Hope he recovers in some way shape or form,doubt we will see him playing football again which is a shame because he looked like a quality player poor bastard. :kasper: