Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

had he not broken eduardo's leg, would he have received a red card?

i don't think so like

not defending him or anything, just think people calling for him to never play football again is so harsh, how many people on here have gone into a challenge and thought 's***, this could be bad'

i certainly have

http://www.4thegame.com/media/gallery/3379.jpg

Sorry, but that's an awful tackle. He should be suspended until Eduardo returns to fitness.

Having read his interview you've got to admire the guy.

He's got a great attitude and that is the outlook he will need to recover from the injury. I wish him all the best.

In a situation like this the least Taylor could have done was at least contact him to wish him the best. Piss poor effort from Taylor really.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3191398,00.html

Skysports.com understands Birmingham defender Martin Taylor has visited and spoken to injured Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva.

Taylor made the personal visit to Birmingham's Selly Oak Hospital to see Eduardo after being left distraught by the serious leg injury suffered by player.

Eduardo suffered a horrific broken leg just two minutes into Arsenal's 2-2 draw with Birmingham at St Andrews on Saturday.

The injury occurred after the Croatian was caught on the leg by a mistimed tackle by Taylor with the defender seeing red for the incident.

The injury left Taylor visibly shaken as he left the pitch with Eduardo being stretchered off after receiving lengthy treatment on the pitch.

Comments

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger launched a stinging attack on Taylor at his post-match press conference before later retracting his comments.

It is understood Taylor sought out Wenger in the tunnel after the match to speak to the Frenchman and to find out about Eduardo's well-being.

The former Blackburn defender tried to visit Eduardo at hospital on Saturday evening, but was unable to see the player as he was undergoing surgery.

Taylor returned to the hospital on Sunday morning to see the player and is thought to have spoken to Eduardo to find out the full extent of his injury and pass on his best wishes for his recovery.

i don't think so like

not defending him or anything, just think people calling for him to never play football again is so harsh, how many people on here have gone into a challenge and thought 's***, this could be bad'

i certainly have

Sorry, but that's an awful tackle. He should be suspended until Eduardo returns to fitness.

Going by that picture, yes. It real time it was a fraction of a second late. Thought the straight red was harsh personally. And I've seen much worse tackles (intent-wise rather than result-wise) go unpunished .

i don't think so like

i certainly have

Going by that picture, yes. It real time it was a fraction of a second late. Thought the straight red was harsh personally. And I've seen much worse tackles (intent-wise rather than result-wise) go unpunished .

Doesn't matter how late it is, doesn't affect him showing his studs half way up a players shin.

He's got a great attitude and that is the outlook he will need to recover from the injury. I wish him all the best.

In a situation like this the least Taylor could have done was at least contact him to wish him the best. Piss poor effort from Taylor really.

Skysports.com understands Birmingham defender Martin Taylor has visited and spoken to injured Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva.

Taylor made the personal visit to Birmingham's Selly Oak Hospital to see Eduardo after being left distraught by the serious leg injury suffered by player.

Eduardo suffered a horrific broken leg just two minutes into Arsenal's 2-2 draw with Birmingham at St Andrews on Saturday.

The injury occurred after the Croatian was caught on the leg by a mistimed tackle by Taylor with the defender seeing red for the incident.

The injury left Taylor visibly shaken as he left the pitch with Eduardo being stretchered off after receiving lengthy treatment on the pitch.

Comments

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger launched a stinging attack on Taylor at his post-match press conference before later retracting his comments.

It is understood Taylor sought out Wenger in the tunnel after the match to speak to the Frenchman and to find out about Eduardo's well-being.

The former Blackburn defender tried to visit Eduardo at hospital on Saturday evening, but was unable to see the player as he was undergoing surgery.

Taylor returned to the hospital on Sunday morning to see the player and is thought to have spoken to Eduardo to find out the full extent of his injury and pass on his best wishes for his recovery.

Good for him. The absolute least he should do.

Comments

Agreed. And also in agreement with you about Eduardo's attitude. Hope he makes a full recovery.

that def made me happy reading that.

hearing about that injury and seeing the pics and reading all of the reactions, i was worried for him and felt absolutly terrible for him.

:clap: For him, he's going to have a long, tough recovery and hopefully can be the player he was prior to the injury - its gong to be one helluva mountain to climb.  But good luck to him...

The fact that he didn't mean to break his leg hardly matters. I just find it depressing when a talented player gets his leg snapped in half because a clumsy defender has his studs in the air with a player flying at him.

Martin Petrov gets the same time out for an ankle tap tonight, as what Martin Taylor gets for that tackle...

Work that one out.

It wasn't intentional, these things happen in football, I've seen worse tackles already this season where both the tackled and the tackler were lucky no serious injury was caused. It was a stupid accident that wasn't premeditated and Taylor is already suffering due to the guilt he'll have inflicted on himself.

If it was intentional, I'd actually want to see Taylor sent down for some time, never mind being banned from football. No idea how the likes of Roy Keane got away with it.

Comments

What else do you think he could/should do?

Martin Petrov gets the same time out for an ankle tap tonight, as what Martin Taylor gets for that tackle...

Work that one out.

Martin Petrov repeatedly intentionally broke the laws through use of flagrant and pathetic dissent. Martin Taylor accidentally mis-timed a challenge. What he did was no where near as bad as, for instance, what Ben Thatcher did last season, and even this season I recall Robert Huth following through on someone clearly looking to do some real damage, and only receiving a yellow.

I saw the headline of the back page of the sun today where it had a picture of Martin Taylor, clearly just kicking a ball. However, they had obviously sent one of their scumbag photographers to go out and get a picture of him with his foot in the air. The headline was "Will this man never learn".

The reporter and editor responsible for this shit should be left hanging from the nearest lampost.

Fucking awful journalism

I saw the headline of the back page of the sun today where it had a picture of Martin Taylor, clearly just kicking a ball. However, they had obviously sent one of their scumbag photographers to go out and get a picture of him with his foot in the air. The headline was "Will this man never learn".

The reporter and editor responsible for this shit should be left hanging from the nearest lampost.

Fucking awful journalism

When i saw that i thought exactly the same, you could go to any traing ground in the country, and you could get a shot of any player in that position!

This slander could REALLY fuck him up tbh, he will be scared to go in to a tackle because of the stick or injuring people!

Fucking awful journalism

I honestly could not agree more.

God knows, I don't stick up for that lot if I can at all avoid it, but that article really struck me as possibly the worst piece of sports 'journalism' I've ever seen.

Fucking awful journalism

When i saw that i thought exactly the same, you could go to any traing ground in the country, and you could get a shot of any player in that position!

This slander could REALLY fuck him up tbh, he will be scared to go in to a tackle because of the stick or injuring people!

Hope he plays against us then!!!

Fucking awful journalism

I am interested to see how the referee acts in our game at the Emirates on Saturday.

I will state right now that I fully expect Nigel Reo-Coker to get sent off.

Fucking awful journalism

I am interested to see how the referee acts in our game at the Emirates on Saturday.

I will state right now that I fully expect Nigel Reo-Coker to get sent off.

And he'd deserve it if he went to do Eduardo's other leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article846077.ece

Taylor has still not learned

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6389/60taylor682x400442639ade9.jpg

DEJA VU ... Martin Taylor lunges in during training yesterday

That's a fucking joke.

It is scummy journalism at its worst,i mean who tackles with front foot up and back foot a la Rudolf Nuryev?He's definitely just kicked the ball as an earlier post said.