Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

No red card:

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/2d/2dd9c4e99c5d9795bd72e3e8fb9f201dd143f271.jpg

I can't understand anybody defending that, pathetic.   :idiot2:

The thick fucker isn't even sliding. He's launching himself onto the guy's leg! His whole body weight would have come down on his leg.

Isn't even looking for the ball. This is all down to the bully them tactical speech, no doubt about it.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

You can quite clearly see from that photo, Kaka, that Eduardo has pushed the ball past Taylor.  Taylor's reactions were just too slow.  Judging from the clip on YouTube, crappy as it may be, Taylor's challenge was clumsy but not malicious.

Without seeing the clip from various angles, it is difficult to categorically state either way, but I would barter that Eduardo is as much as victim as his own skill as he is Taylor's tackle.  The problem nowadays is that players such as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Eduardo et al are so quick on the ball that they leave defenders trailing in their wake. 

Please do not misread this - I am NOT blaming Eduardo, as that would be daft.  Taylor's challenge warranted a red card but I suspect Eduardo's sleight of foot was just too quick for Taylor.  to be honest, I am surprised that more players of Eduardo's class have not suffered similar injuries, as defenders are constantly sprawling out after being 'owned.'

I hope that Eduardo recovers and I also hope that people try not to throw the book at Taylor before viewing all the evidence.  We have one dodgy replay and few photos.  Let the FA do the deciding.

While I agree, trying to win the ball in that fashion is dangerous and should be a red card as the day is long. 99 times out of a 100 nothing would've happened and Eduardo would've skipped away, but to lunge uncontrollably like that is too dangerous to be allowed to continue.

Guest Sniffer

You are always going to have the odd serious injury resulting from a mistimed tackle which is sad. But I don't see why everybody is getting their knickers in such a twist.

Maybe the thought of a thick dirty b****** possibly ending the career of another player doesn't sit well with some people.

Have you seen enough of this player to make this statement or is it just a knee jerk reaction to a badly timed tackle?

He looks thick, he certainly looks like he hasn't had a wash and he must be a b****** to do something like that.

Good enough for me.

Looking thick or unwashed is an apt description of  many  of the players around these days. Probably applies to most of the posters on this forum as well.

Guest guinness_fiend

No red card:

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/2d/2dd9c4e99c5d9795bd72e3e8fb9f201dd143f271.jpg

I can't understand anybody defending that, pathetic.  :idiot2:

The thick fucker isn't even sliding. He's launching himself onto the guy's leg! His whole body weight would have come down on his leg.

Isn't even looking for the ball. This is all down to the bully them tactical speech, no doubt about it.

You can quite clearly see from that photo, Kaka, that Eduardo has pushed the ball past Taylor.  Taylor's reactions were just too slow.  Judging from the clip on YouTube, crappy as it may be, Taylor's challenge was clumsy but not malicious.

Without seeing the clip from various angles, it is difficult to categorically state either way, but I would barter that Eduardo is as much as victim as his own skill as he is Taylor's tackle.  The problem nowadays is that players such as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Eduardo et al are so quick on the ball that they leave defenders trailing in their wake. 

Please do not misread this - I am NOT blaming Eduardo, as that would be daft.  Taylor's challenge warranted a red card but I suspect Eduardo's sleight of foot was just too quick for Taylor.  to be honest, I am surprised that more players of Eduardo's class have not suffered similar injuries, as defenders are constantly sprawling out after being 'owned.'

I hope that Eduardo recovers and I also hope that people try not to throw the book at Taylor before viewing all the evidence.  We have one dodgy replay and few photos.  Let the FA do the deciding.

While I agree, trying to win the ball in that fashion is dangerous and should be a red card as the day is long. 99 times out of a 100 nothing would've happened and Eduardo would've skipped away, but to lunge uncontrollably like that is too dangerous to be allowed to continue.

I totally agree.  Trying to win the ball in that fashion is dangerous and foolish.  Lunging should result in an automatic red card, whether contact is made or not.  I am just trying to get people to distinguish between clumsy (because they have been outclassed) and downright hatcheting (malicious).

No red card:

There's nothing wrong with being late as it can happen, but look at the tackle!

He is not sliding but launching himself onto Eduardo and his foot is ridiculously high.

Do you play a lot of football? You just don't tackle like that, not even by accident, it isn't natural.

The guy is a professional and so the tackle is even more inexcusable.

Don't think it matters much laying the blame at Taylor's door-step. It definitely was a red card tackle though. If you're not fast enough to react then you shouldn't be going into dangerous tackles like that, or you'll get punished. In this case, unfortunately, the punishment to Eduardo himself has been a lot worse. Just one of those things that happen.

I'm hoping Taylor will be man enough to follow Eduardo's recovery closely, and be there for him as much as possible. That's what the grand old game of football is all about.

No red card?

An honest, hardworking, modest kid. He goes through the hells of croatian&brazilian leagues both on & off the pitch. Goes on to shine on the big stage, mesmerizing

everyone with his talent and his loving personality. One saturday afternoon he loses his left foot due to a brainless, yet sadly, not rarely seen type of tackle, this time credited to bloke named Martin Taylor. A month later this latter bloke is playing his wits out once again on those beautiful premiership fields, seldom remembering that

brazilian wonderkid he sent to the hospital only a few weeks ago. Oh the joys of life. I don't give a flying f.ck about my nation's side, upcoming euro, or anything alike, i just feel for that hard working kid who just had his life's work literally shattered. Jebemu mater u pičku i sve.

No red card:

He is not sliding but launching himself onto Eduardo and his foot is ridiculously high.

Do you play a lot of football? You just don't tackle like that, not even by accident, it isn't natural.

Kaka, you can't make so many assumptions based on one still photo

Fair point from Kaka, I've played a lot of football in my time as a left-back and I don't think i have ever tackled like that, you either stay on your feet or slide generally, that tackle is more karate-esque. Overall though it maybe would not be fair to single out Taylor for this as it's been going on a lot and should of been clamped down on before now.

No red card?

An honest, hardworking, modest kid. He goes through the hells of croatian&brazilian leagues both on & off the pitch. Goes on to shine on the big stage, mesmerizing

everyone with his talent and his loving personality. One saturday afternoon he loses his left foot due to a brainless, yet sadly, not rarely seen type of tackle, this time credited to bloke named Martin Taylor. A month later this latter bloke is playing his wits out once again on those beautiful premiership fields, seldom remembering that

brazilian wonderkid he sent to the hospital only a few weeks ago. Oh the joys of life. I don't give a flying f.ck about my nation's side, upcoming euro, or anything alike, i just feel for that hard working kid who just had his life's work literally shattered. Jebemu mater u pičku i sve.

He can recover. They can perform medical miracles nowadays, so we might be writing him off too soon.

No red card:

I can't understand anybody defending that, pathetic.  :idiot2:

Mis-timed or not, when you lunge for the ball (giving the benefit of the doubt) with your studs a foot above the ground, there's every possibility you'll put your opponent in hospital if you miss it. It's always a tragedy to lose a talented player, to do it on account of a troglodyte making such a clumsy challenge is desperate.

Guest guinness_fiend

Don't think it matters much laying the blame at Taylor's door-step. It definitely was a red card tackle though. If you're not fast enough to react then you shouldn't be going into dangerous tackles like that, or you'll get punished. In this case, unfortunately, the punishment to Eduardo himself has been a lot worse. Just one of those things that happen.

I'm hoping Taylor will be man enough to follow Eduardo's recovery closely, and be there for him as much as possible. That's what the grand old game of football is all about.

Quoted for truth, although I honestly believe that some defenders are that out-foxed sometimes that before they realise that their "initially innocent and well intentioned" challenge has become "clumsy and potentially dangerous" it is too late.

Jesus christ. After seeing the challenge in real time i thought it was totally accidental...but those pictures....fucking good grief ....absolutely shocking.

I just hope his career isn't over.

Fucking hell....

He can recover. They can perform medical miracles nowadays, so we might be writing him off too soon.

he will. though it doesn't make things prettier, not today at least.

Apparently Taylor has said he didn't think he made much contact with Eduardo.

Right ...  :rolleyes:

With an IQ of about 45 it's understandable some things don't register. Perhaps wrapping a boot in a carrier bag and swinging it at his face at 80mph might provide a clue of the impact in a more identifiablel manner?

Link?

That's what Alex McCleish said in his post match interview.

I think by 'link', he meant an http hyperlink rather than a logical connection.

Link?

Cheers.  That said he's not going to say much else (McLeish or Taylor for that matter).

I know. However, I wonder why people say anything in such situations.

Taylor was silly for saying it in the first place, but for McCleish to come out and mention it was just as silly.

Makes Taylor look really stupid.

Link?

Cheers.  That said he's not going to say much else (McLeish or Taylor for that matter).

I know. However, I wonder why people say anything in such situations.

Taylor was silly for saying it in the first place, but for McCleish to come out and mention it was just as silly.

Makes Taylor look really stupid.

Taylor looks pretty stupid already in fairness, and saying nothing wouldn't do him any favours

Are those the worst two photos of it?  I was expecting blood and bones.

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/3f/3f18e3b23ec3c52249b21403ddf9f4ecd8c17af9.jpg

I don't understand why some people can't look at that? Is this the photo referenced in the first post on the thread? His sock is covering everything up

If the flesh was exposed and you could see the bone and some blood or whatever then I can see people being squeamish but that's nothing. Anyway, hope Eduardo recovers well even if he is a cheating twat.