Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

Fuck me, what a totally abhorrent tackle, and even worse injury :kasper:

Taylor deserves some hefty punishment like, but as it's Arsenal involved you can pretty much guarantee he'll have the book thrown at him, fairly or not.

Ban for life is a bit of a joke, i don't think he meant to do anything like that, it just happened, clumsy but i doubt malicious.

I bet he feels like s*** right now.

Someone talking sense.

The thing is thouhg, players have to understand that everytime you go in like that this is what could happen.

I really don't give a f*** if he feels s*** tbh.

You are potentially ending someone's career and livelihood. f****** respect your fellow professionals.

That tackle is inexcusable. Steaming in with two feet up and studs first.

I played enough football to know you cannot do that accidentally. It is not a standard tackle.

You think he set out for the outcome which he got?

Set out? Outcome?

It was a terrible tackle that was a straight red no matter what.

Now, considering what it has actually done to the player, in my opinion he should be banned for a significant amount of time. I actually like the idea of him being banned for as long as Eduardo is out.

I'm sick of this idea of big, thick, lack of ability having shit centre halves being told to go out there and kick people or bully them. This is what the result is.

No red card:

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/2d/2dd9c4e99c5d9795bd72e3e8fb9f201dd143f271.jpg

I can't understand anybody defending that, pathetic.  :idiot2:

Very bad tackle at that angle.

So his foot must of slid down his shin to his ankle bone where it caught and broke his leg. Ouch.

Just to clarify what I said earlier. Having seen all the photos it is obviously a clear red. I was just saying the original challenge, from the sky camera angle at full speed, didnt look so bad. Where was the ref's view from? Do you think seeing the bad injury influenced the red?

Guest Sniffer

You are always going to have the odd serious injury resulting from a mistimed tackle which is sad. But I don't see why everybody is getting their knickers in such a twist.

Ban for life is a bit of a joke, i don't think he meant to do anything like that, it just happened, clumsy but i doubt malicious.

I bet he feels like s*** right now.

Someone talking sense.

The thing is thouhg, players have to understand that everytime you go in like that this is what could happen.

I really don't give a f*** if he feels s*** tbh.

You are potentially ending someone's career and livelihood. f****** respect your fellow professionals.

That tackle is inexcusable. Steaming in with two feet up and studs first.

I played enough football to know you cannot do that accidentally. It is not a standard tackle.

You think he set out for the outcome which he got?

Set out? Outcome?

It was a terrible tackle that was a straight red no matter what.

Now, considering what it has actually done to the player, in my opinion he should be banned for a significant amount of time. I actually like the idea of him being banned for as long as Eduardo is out.

I'm sick of this idea of big, thick, lack of ability having shit centre halves being told to go out there and kick people or bully them. This is what the result is.

I asked the question in relation to the bit I've put in bold.  No doubt its a sending off, just in case you misunderstand me.

You are always going to have the odd serious injury resulting from a mistimed tackle which is sad. But I don't see why everybody is getting their knickers in such a twist.

Maybe the thought of a thick dirty bastard possibly ending the career of another player doesn't sit well with some people.

No red card:

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/2d/2dd9c4e99c5d9795bd72e3e8fb9f201dd143f271.jpg

I can't understand anybody defending that, pathetic.   :idiot2:

The thick fucker isn't even sliding. He's launching himself onto the guy's leg! His whole body weight would have come down on his leg.

Isn't even looking for the ball. This is all down to the bully them tactical speech, no doubt about it.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

I'm not quite of the extreme opinion that Kaka is, but looking at that photo there - 'pre-break' - as Kaka says, it's not even a sliding tackle. You could argue that three games would be a bit fortunate.

I dunno. It's a terrible tackle, but it did happen very quickly. At first glance, it seemed to me he was trying to play the ball and didn't care whether he followed through or not. The camera angle we saw it from wasn't the best to judge his intent.

I'm not quite of the extreme opinion that Kaka is, but looking at that photo there - 'pre-break' - as Kaka says, it's not even a sliding tackle. You could argue that three games would be a bit fortunate.

I dunno. It's a terrible tackle, but it did happen very quickly. At first glance, it seemed to me he was trying to play the ball and didn't care whether he followed through or not. The camera angle we saw it from wasn't the best to judge his intent.

A guy from Benfica got a 6 match for a similar challenge on Scott Brown in champions league, should be a 6 match ban for all these types of challenges imo.

Guest Sniffer

Maybe the thought of a thick dirty b****** possibly ending the career of another player doesn't sit well with some people.

Have you seen enough of this player to make this statement or is it just a knee jerk reaction to a badly timed tackle?

Guest toonlass

That is shocking the way he has gone in, straight into his leg. (just my opinion on the still photo mind you). Hope it hasn't finished the lads career.

Maybe the thought of a thick dirty b****** possibly ending the career of another player doesn't sit well with some people.

Have you seen enough of this player to make this statement or is it just a knee jerk reaction to a badly timed tackle?

He looks thick, he certainly looks like he hasn't had a wash and he must be a bastard to do something like that.

Good enough for me.

Guest jcricthon

Absolutely shocking. Whereever that picture came from of Taylor in mid-air just before the leg breaks its brilliant and kind of needs to be shown I reckon....the pictures of the breaks should be left to choice....obviously

Hope he comes back as he's a shifty little player, very impressive from the games I've seen from him.

On a rather lighter note, just to pick everyone up again after looking at those pictures....Did anyone else hear Andy Gray describe Karate as being like 'A bottle of fizzy pop'?

I reckon this cliché will kick on to be as popular as a player having a 'good engine'.

A bit of both, I haven't seen him any more than what is shown on the box, thinking he's a dirty bastard isn't based on one tackle.

Guest guinness_fiend

No red card:

I can't understand anybody defending that, pathetic.  :idiot2:

The thick fucker isn't even sliding. He's launching himself onto the guy's leg! His whole body weight would have come down on his leg.

Isn't even looking for the ball. This is all down to the bully them tactical speech, no doubt about it.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

You can quite clearly see from that photo, Kaka, that Eduardo has pushed the ball past Taylor.  Taylor's reactions were just too slow.  Judging from the clip on YouTube, crappy as it may be, Taylor's challenge was clumsy but not malicious.

Without seeing the clip from various angles, it is difficult to categorically state either way, but I would barter that Eduardo is as much as victim as his own skill as he is Taylor's tackle.  The problem nowadays is that players such as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Eduardo et al are so quick on the ball that they leave defenders trailing in their wake. 

Please do not misread this - I am NOT blaming Eduardo, as that would be daft.  Taylor's challenge warranted a red card but I suspect Eduardo's sleight of foot was just too quick for Taylor.  to be honest, I am surprised that more players of Eduardo's class have not suffered similar injuries, as defenders are constantly sprawling out after being 'owned.'

I hope that Eduardo recovers and I also hope that people try not to throw the book at Taylor before viewing all the evidence.  We have one dodgy replay and few photos.  Let the FA do the deciding.