Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

Regarding punishment, I'd agree with Mick to some extent, if you commit a red card offence that injures someone, you should be made to sit out for as long as that player up to a maximum of six months, and if the players career is ended you should be made to pay them 25% of your wages for the rest of your football career.

shut up mate have you seen the tackle ffs?

a yellow at very best

Don't really agree with James... but yellow at best? Get a grip. Both sets of studs up, sliding tackle onto standing leg. Did he get the ball?

Yellow at best ffs. The guy could actually lose his foot going off them photos.

no intent there, i've seen the tackle 3 times

Fucking hell. I'm sure there wasn't intent. I'm sure Taylor didn't go in thinking: "Right, i'm gonna stamp on this bloke's standing leg. Yep, that's a mint idea. I'm gonna do just that."

:rolleyes:  Christ man. It was a fucking horrendous tackle regardless of whether he intended to take the ball away cleanly, with no attempt at touching the man at all. He did and he's severely injured him. Red card.

Ban for life is a bit of a joke, i don't think he meant to do anything like that, it just happened, clumsy but i doubt malicious.

I bet he feels like s*** right now.

Someone talking sense.

The thing is thouhg, players have to understand that everytime you go in like that this is what could happen.

I really don't give a fuck if he feels shit tbh.

You are potentially ending someone's career and livelihood. Fucking respect your fellow professionals.

That tackle is inexcusable. Steaming in with two feet up and studs first.

I played enough football to know you cannot do that accidentally. It is not a standard tackle.

You think he set out for the outcome which he got?

Regarding punishment, I'd agree with Mick to some extent, if you commit a red card offence that injures someone, you should be made to sit out for as long as that player up to a maximum of six months, and if the players career is ended you should be made to pay them 25% of your wages for the rest of your football career.

a yellow at very best

You really don't have a clue.

Any tackle that causes serious injury always equals a straight red. The whole purpose of red cards in the first place was to keep all challenges safe.

With that kind of injury, Taylor would have been off even if he had tackled from the front and got the ball.

When injuries are concerned, top flight players should be culpable for their actions on the pitch - they are paid well enough.

no way that was a red card, Eduardo was too quick for him, simple as

a yellow at very best

Any tackle that causes serious injury always equals a straight red. The whole purpose of red cards in the first place was to keep all challenges safe.

With that kind of injury, Taylor would have been off even if he had tackled from the front and got the ball.

When injuries are concerned, top flight players should be culpable for their actions on the pitch - they are paid well enough.

Not true at all. Plenty of injuries are caused by totally legitimate tackles.

a yellow at very best

no way that was a red card, Eduardo was too quick for him, simple as

Honestly and truthfully the most ridiculous statement i've read on here.

a yellow at very best

Don't really agree with James... but yellow at best? Get a grip. Both sets of studs up, sliding tackle onto standing leg. Did he get the ball?

f****** hell. I'm sure there wasn't intent. I'm sure Taylor didn't go in thinking: "Right, i'm gonna stamp on this bloke's standing leg. Yep, that's a mint idea. I'm gonna do just that."

:rolleyes:  Christ man. It was a f****** horrendous tackle regardless of whether he intended to take the ball away cleanly, with no attempt at touching the man at all. He did and he's severely injured him. Red card.

attackers work on evading that kind of tackle 5 days a week, and defenders work on making contact with the ball

it went very very wrong, doesn't make Taylor the devil, doesn't mean he should be banned for life or even 3 games

The point is whether Taylor should get extra punishment for that.

To be honest, I support the idea of banning the players for say 10-20 matches if they caused extremely serious tackle by unsporting tackles. The EPL is reaching a stage that the injuries are getting more and more ridiculous and something must be done to stop that.

Brummie,didn't Sid Cowans suffer an injury like that in some friendly with Barcelona circa 1982?Seem to remember reading it was only his sock that kept his foot attached to his leg.

It was a very bad injury indeed, yes.

Google for Luc Nillis' injury, though, worse imho.

I think the tackling with studs up, especially when you are coming in over the top should result in a 6 match ban at least.

Carvalho on Agbonlahor, Gunarrsson on that West Ham player (Etherington?), Kuyt in the Everton match, I hope those players are all having a good look at those pictures.

a yellow at very best

f****** hell. I'm sure there wasn't intent. I'm sure Taylor didn't go in thinking: "Right, i'm gonna stamp on this bloke's standing leg. Yep, that's a mint idea. I'm gonna do just that."

:rolleyes:  Christ man. It was a f****** horrendous tackle regardless of whether he intended to take the ball away cleanly, with no attempt at touching the man at all. He did and he's severely injured him. Red card.

attackers work on evading that kind of tackle 5 days a week, and defenders work on making contact with the ball

it went very very wrong, doesn't make Taylor the devil, doesn't mean he should be banned for life or even 3 games

Ah OK. I'm convinced.

Not true at all. Plenty of injuries are caused by totally legitimate tackles.

The Taylor one wasn't, he went in with the studs at 90' to the ground, that tackle is shocking.

I am aware of that, however there is no way we should be banning people based on injuries, seeing as there is a fairly loose correlation between the level of injury and the quality of the tackle.

May seem a bit heartless to ask, but if he was to retire due to it could Arsenal seek compensation for his transfer fee from Birmingham?

If he's properly insured, Arsenal will get money from the insurance company.

I'm not sure then, whether the insurance company can sue Taylor or Birmingham City for that money. I don't think so but it's possible.

Edit: I think Spurs got money from the insurance company when Richards retired from an injury.

You think he set out for the outcome which he got?

I doubt he intended to break his leg, I'm not even sure if he meant to hurt him as I've only seen still photo's, the tackle was as bad as you can get, accidental or not.

I think the tackling with studs up, especially when you are coming in over the top should result in a 6 match ban at least.

Carvalho on Agbonlahor, Gunarrsson on that West Ham player (Etherington?), Kuyt in the Everton match, I hope those players are all having a good look at those pictures.

Yeah it's been going on a lot and this is what can happen from it. The tackle on Scott Brown by a Benfica player in the champions league springs to mind, he almost snapped his leg in two but he got a 6 match ban for it though.

I am aware of that, however there is no way we should be banning people based on injuries, seeing as there is a fairly loose correlation between the level of injury and the quality of the tackle.

I agree with that.