Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

had he not broken eduardo's leg, would he have received a red card?

i don't think so like

not defending him or anything, just think people calling for him to never play football again is so harsh, how many people on here have gone into a challenge and thought 'shit, this could be bad'

i certainly have

Are those the worst two photos of it?  I was expecting blood and bones.

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/3f/3f18e3b23ec3c52249b21403ddf9f4ecd8c17af9.jpg

I don't understand why some people can't look at that? Is this the photo referenced in the first post on the thread? His sock is covering everything up

If the flesh was exposed and you could see the bone and some blood or whatever then I can see people being squeamish but that's nothing. Anyway, hope Eduardo recovers well even if he is a cheating twat.

I dunno. I didn't want kids' parents berating me for giving them nightmares. :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

The club will write him up an apology to be delivered at the next press conference, he'll be traumatised by the incident himself, never deliberately wanted to hurt anyone. He'll then get a token ban and will be playing again in 4 week's time.

No lifetime ban.

And none necessary... yeah it was a terrible challenege, but it's a risk of playing the game. They can't prove intent.

The club will write him up an apology to be delivered at the next press conference, he'll be traumatised by the incident himself, never deliberately wanted to hurt anyone. He'll then get a token ban and will be playing again in 4 week's time.

No lifetime ban.

And none necessary... yeah it was a terrible challenege, but it's a risk of playing the game. They can't prove intent.

There won't--and shouldn't--be a lifetime ban, but the punishment shouldn't be predicated on the intent of the offender. If they show the tackle to have been dangerous, he should be punished.

Guest LucaAltieri

No lifetime ban.

There won't--and shouldn't--be a lifetime ban, but the punishment shouldn't be predicated on the intent of the offender. If they show the tackle to have been dangerous, he should be punished.

Intent seems to be an issue for the FA. Didn't the dog wanker down the road get punished for stating in his biography he deliberately went after someone on the pitch?

No lifetime ban.

Intent seems to be an issue for the FA. Didn't the dog wanker down the road get punished for stating in his biography he deliberately went after someone on the pitch?

Sorry, I mean intent should be punished: if you go out on the pitch to hurt someone, you should get banned, but if someone gets hurt through a bad tackle--even if it wasn't malicious--they should also be punished.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Birmingham's Martin Taylor intentionally set out to injure Eduardo at St Andrews.

Taylor was dismissed within the opening stages of the 2-2 draw on Saturday when his over-the-top challenge on Eduardo broke the striker's leg.

Wenger was unhappy his side dropped two points in injury-time, although it was Taylor's challenge that left a sour taste in his mouth come the final whistle.

The vastly-experienced French tactician has confirmed Eduardo's season is over and he also fears the striker could well miss a substantial chunk of the next campaign.

"I think this guy should never play football again. What's he doing on the pitch?" fumed Wenger.

"I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now.

"The season is over for him and it's very, very bad. More than the season is over."

:weep:

Fuking hell, i've seen some rather nasty tackles from Arsenal in the last few games alone, nevermind the time under Wenger.

Fuking tit.

No lifetime ban.

Sorry, I mean intent should be punished: if you go out on the pitch to hurt someone, you should get banned, but if someone gets hurt through a bad tackle--even if it wasn't malicious--they should also be punished.

The tackle should get the punishment, not the aftermath.  Why do you think players still get penalised for sliding in even if the player with the ball is able to jump over a lunging 2 footed tackle?  In fact, I think there should be a disconnect when it comes to punishing players when an injury occurs.  If you want to ban Taylor for 10 games, then fine, but also ban other players for the same period when they put in a tackle like this, even if there's no injury or the ref misses it. 

I still think there's a lack of acknowledgment here about how completely freak this injury was, even if the most malicious intent was behind it.

Guest LucaAltieri

No lifetime ban.

The tackle should get the punishment, not the aftermath.  Why do you think players still get penalised for sliding in even if the player with the ball is able to jump over a lunging 2 footed tackle?  In fact, I think there should be a disconnect when it comes to punishing players when an injury occurs.  If you want to ban Taylor for 10 games, then fine, but also ban other players for the same period when they put in a tackle like this, even if there's no injury or the ref misses it. 

I still think there's a lack of acknowledgment here about how completely freak this injury was, even if the most malicious intent was behind it.

Fair point.

Banning Taylor for life is nonsense. I for one would be gutted if the six-toers were to lose such a calamitous player.

What this incident does need to do is show what can happen when you put in a tackle like that. Shortly after that spate of high tackles over Christmas, it looked odds-on that something like this was going to happen. It did, it just took a little longer than expected.

If this makes players think twice about that kind of tackle, then maybe something good could come out of this horrible incident, but I suspect all we'll get is ridiculous hyperbole like we've heard from Wenger.

Guest guinness_fiend

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Birmingham's Martin Taylor intentionally set out to injure Eduardo at St Andrews.

Taylor was dismissed within the opening stages of the 2-2 draw on Saturday when his over-the-top challenge on Eduardo broke the striker's leg.

Wenger was unhappy his side dropped two points in injury-time, although it was Taylor's challenge that left a sour taste in his mouth come the final whistle.

The vastly-experienced French tactician has confirmed Eduardo's season is over and he also fears the striker could well miss a substantial chunk of the next campaign.

"I think this guy should never play football again. What's he doing on the pitch?" fumed Wenger.

"I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now.

"The season is over for him and it's very, very bad. More than the season is over."

Fuking hell, i've seen some rather nasty tackles from Arsenal in the last few games alone, nevermind the time under Wenger.

Fuking tit.

No surprise there, I am afraid.

Wenger wants to sensationalise the incident as much as possible to put pressure on the FA to (a) punish Taylor; and (b) ensure that his players continue to get preferential treatment from referees in the future.

He should actually be fined for commenting on the incident, to be fair.  If Wenger were that critical of a ref ("I think this guy should never referee again") he would be fined.  It is not Wenger's job to judge the incident.  It is the job of those on the FA panel responsible for these matters.  Wenger is entitled to and should look after his players, but should not be allowed to slander someone on live TV.

Fuking tit.

Wenger wants to sensationalise the incident as much as possible to put pressure on the FA to (a) punish Taylor; and (b) ensure that his players continue to get preferential treatment from referees in the future.

He should actually be fined for commenting on the incident, to be fair.  If Wenger were that critical of a ref ("I think this guy should never referee again") he would be fined.  It is not Wenger's job to judge the incident.  It is the job of those on the FA panel responsible for these matters.  Wenger is entitled to and should look after his players, but should not be allowed to slander someone on live TV.

Looking at it dispassionately you might be right. But if you are a manager nurturing a young player of exceptional talent only to see his career put in jeapordy by a talentless hod-carrier going in with studs a foot high, you could be excused for being a bit angry.

Guest guinness_fiend

Fuking tit.

Looking at it dispassionately you might be right. But if you are a manager nurturing a young player of exceptional talent only to see his career put in jeapordy by a talentless hod-carrier going in with studs a foot high, you could be excused for being a bit angry.

True, but there is a time and a place for such comments.  Wenger of all people should know this, given the amount of times he has been chastised by the FA for his post-match comments etc.  Any other manager in the Premiership (bar Ferguson, perhaps) would be fined for saying the same.

(Wenger could have said, "The challenge looked very bad from where I was sitting.  I hope that the FA views the incident impartially and that a fair punishment is decided.  In the meantime, I hope that Eduardo makes a swift recovery.  We are all thinking of him.")

Fucking hell, walking again would be an achievment after that, never mind playing.

I feel really sorry for the bloke, looked like he was going to have an amazing career.

Heck, this sort of injury, I'd still be sorry if it happened to Christiano. It's just that horrific.

Fuking tit.

True, but there is a time and a place for such comments.  Wenger of all people should know this, given the amount of times he has been chastised by the FA for his post-match comments etc.  Any other manager in the Premiership (bar Ferguson, perhaps) would be fined for saying the same.

(Wenger could have said, "The challenge looked very bad from where I was sitting.  I hope that the FA views the incident impartially and that a fair punishment is decided.  In the meantime, I hope that Eduardo makes a swift recovery.  We are all thinking of him.")

How many managers would really be that calm and collected after losing two points and one of his best players for god knows how long? Be honest now.