Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

The whole 'intent' argument is bullshit. The fact is he intended to make an illegal tackle. He succeeded. Had the timing been 'right' the tackle still would have been illegal (well in any other league in the world, for some reason these sort of airborne assaults get let go quite often in the EPL).

He should suffer the consequences of his illegal tackle. If he'd broken Eduardos leg performing a legal tackle then that would be unfortunate but fine. But he's stepped outside the laws of the game and deserves at least a year out to think about the way he tackles.

Intent shouldn't go into the punishment either way.  People who say "Well, he should be punished harsher because he meant to break his leg" are just as wrong as people who say "He meant to make a good tackle, let him get away with it."  Punish players for what they do, THAT'S IT.  Cuts out any stupid ambiguity.

I wish Eduardo all the best for a complete recovery and like most people I admire Arsenal as a club, BUT is this the first ever broken leg in the history of football ?

You'd think so judging by the amount of coverage it receives.

Some lower league or non league player will sustain the same injury and it'll never be mentioned and probably cause the lad serious financial hardship.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3257884,00.html

Blatter having a right pop at Martin Taylor...

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has launched a stinging attack on Martin Taylor and revealed Fifa could impose a further ban on the player.

Blatter hasy described the tackle by Birmingham defender Taylor which left Arsenal striker Eduardo with a broken leg as an "attack" which has "nothing to do with football".

Blatter admitted new regulations will allow Fifato review decisions such as the Football Association's mandatory three-match ban for Taylor, with a view to imposing their own more substantial punishments.

Taylor's challenge on Arsenal striker Eduardo last month - came in for especially outspoken criticism from Blatter, who revealed Fifa will ask the Football Association for its report on this specific incident so that they can consider whether further action can or should be taken.

Shocking

"It is shocking when you see how this player was attacked. It is not football," he told Sky Sports News.

"Football is a contact game, but it is a game with rules.

"You have to have respect - and what we witnessed there has nothing to do with football.

"This is to destroy another player, and that is not the aim of our game."

"Our game is there for entertainment, for emotions and even a little bit of passion but not this way.

Blatter is adamant more stringent penalties are required for certain instances of foul play.

"Such players should not only be suspended for a certain time - they should be banned until they have realised they have done something absolutely wrong," added Blatter

"How can you imagine in any other profession - that a dentist would try to demolish a dentist, or a painter a painter? Whatever it is not possible.

"On the field of play as well, no this is a game please, this is an appeal to everybody to stop this."

"I think three matches I should have the report of the referee and match observers that okayed that.

"We will do it. Ask the league through the FA to give us the report on that and give it to our disciplinary committee to have a look on that and we will come back on that.

"We will have a look on that I was very much shocked by seeing that."

Forgiven

Eduardo's injury is expected to keep him out of football until the end of the year - but his fellow Arsenal forward Emmanuel Adebayor is prepared to accept that Taylor had no intention of inflicting such a serious injury.

"We have to forgive him," he said.

"Whatever happened, I cannot believe he had it in his mind to turn the ankle of another player.

"He did not do it on purpose," Adebayor told Sky Sports News.

Blatter went on to say....

"There are gay footballers but they don't declare it because they think it will not be accepted in these macho organisations," he said. "Look at women's football: homosexuality is more popular there."

What an absolute twat.

Blatter went on to say....

"There are gay footballers but they don't declare it because they think it will not be accepted in these macho organisations," he said. "Look at women's football: homosexuality is more popular there."

What an absolute twat.

Fuk off, no way!?!?!

Guest Geordiesned

"How can you imagine in any other profession - that a dentist would try to demolish a dentist, or a painter a painter?"

What a fucking bellend!

Guest BudBud

Blatter to football is what Colonel Sanders is to chicken..

Rofl.

The guy is a bellend who clearly hates English football and wishes that it would be like the Italian league. He is a joke.

I fucking loathe Blatter, he's forcing me to put myself squarely in the camp of our blue and white neighbours.

It was a bad tackle, but 999 times out of 1000 nothing would have happened.

I wonder how loud the kerfuffle would have been had Eduardo played for, say, Wigan Athletic?

Sanctimonious, hypocritical bullshit.

I fucking loathe Blatter, he's forcing me to put myself squarely in the camp of our blue and white neighbours.

I wonder how loud the kerfuffle would have been had Eduardo played for, say, Wigan Athletic?

On the flip side, what if some Italian B player ahd seperated Rooney's foot from his ankle? Would we still say nothing should have happened? Ronaldo winking during the Euros was hard enough to take during the Euros remember.

On the flip side, what if some Italian B player ahd seperated Rooney's foot from his ankle? Would we still say nothing should have happened? Ronaldo winking during the Euros was hard enough to take during the Euros remember.

That'd be an entire nation whingeing, not just Arsenal supporters. At the end of the day, it was a tackle, a poor one, he broke his leg.

He's not dead, he'll be back in nine months, it just looked particularly bad on the telly, when the fact is, there is NO SUCH THING as a 'nice' broken leg.

Nasty it was, but I don't get the big deal, it is football, injuries happen, it was a bad challenge, and it was one of a glut, but I can think of several recent tackles which were much, much worse than Taylor's. The lad has had death threats, FFS. How fucking ridiculous is that?

And, yes, Eduardo plays for Arsenal, but so fucking what? Will there ever be a similar outcry for a Wigan player getting injured? No.

Sorry, it just boils my piss.

I f****** loathe Blatter, he's forcing me to put myself squarely in the camp of our blue and white neighbours.

That'd be an entire nation whingeing, not just Arsenal supporters. At the end of the day, it was a tackle, a poor one, he broke his leg.

He's not dead, he'll be back in nine months, it just looked particularly bad on the telly, when the fact is, there is NO SUCH THING as a 'nice' broken leg.

Nasty it was, but I don't get the big deal, it is football, injuries happen, it was a bad challenge, and it was one of a glut, but I can think of several recent tackles which were much, much worse than Taylor's. The lad has had death threats, FFS. How f****** ridiculous is that?

And, yes, Eduardo plays for Arsenal, but so f****** what? Will there ever be a similar outcry for a Wigan player getting injured? No.

Sorry, it just boils my piss.

Remember the sh*t the English press gave Aldo Duscher when he broke Beckham's metatarsal?

I really don't think that Blatter should be using his position to comment on individual incidents like this. It's the job of the FA and the Premier League to sort out any disciplinary action that's needed. Whatever your view of the incident, no-one can say with anything like 100% certainty that Taylor was out to nobble Eduardo.

Blatter just seems to talk from the top of his head like a pub bore. Today, he's reported as saying that Rangers and Celtic shouldn't play in the Premiership. Is there a rule against that? If so, does it apply to Swansea, Wrexham and Cardiff? Blatter just seems to want to stop the Premiership from getting any stronger, but if FIFA rules aren't being violated, shouldn't he be keeping out of it?

Guest nufc_geordie

I really don't think that Blatter should be using his position to comment on individual incidents like this. It's the job of the FA and the Premier League to sort out any disciplinary action that's needed. Whatever your view of the incident, no-one can say with anything like 100% certainty that Taylor was out to nobble Eduardo.

Blatter just seems to talk from the top of his head like a pub bore. Today, he's reported as saying that Rangers and Celtic shouldn't play in the Premiership. Is there a rule against that? If so, does it apply to Swansea, Wrexham and Cardiff? Blatter just seems to want to stop the Premiership from getting any stronger, but if FIFA rules aren't being violated, shouldn't he be keeping out of it?

He is just a nob, plain and simple. The top and bottom of it is that if Eduardo had not broken his leg taylor would not even have got a red card, the ref at the time went to show him a yellow then when he saw the state of Eduardos ankle swapped it for a red. It wasn't a horrible tackle, it was a mis-timed challenge with no intent, there is a difference there, he didn't fly into it he was on a standing start and Eduardos momentum more than anything took him into Taylors foot. It's an unfortunate occurence but one that would be best forgotten now and let everyone move one.

FIFA have no business in this as it falls outside of their duristiction. If they stick their nose it then it sets a very dangerous precendent for any future incidents which in my view will ultimately lead to football becoming a non-contact sport (i'm sure thats what they want anyway).

• 8 months later...

I think Eduardo could possibly be on the bench this weekend, certainly should be playing during this month, theres rumours he played in a behind closed doors match last week against Forest.

Cant wait to see him in action again, wont be able to look when the first challenge goes in though, will the other players dare to tackle him either?

Could be our lethal weapon tell him just run into the box, no one will want to tackle/hurt him!!