So......where is Enrique?

Zero

i have to say i like him and have done since the first time i saws him against everton.

as has been mentioned, lets leave him to develop, settle and learn.

i think we'll end up with a solid player

Taylor's played over 120 games for Newcastle, nearly 100 in the league alone, Enrique's played, what, 15? And he's come from another country, another culture, another style of football and another language. When Enrique's played that many games and he's still making the same mistakes and not improving, then maybe it'll be a fair comparison.

I am not that fussed about games played & more concerned about goals against. We could really say "And he's come from another country, another culture, another style of football and another language" for Roz & Cacappa as well.

I have :thup: here to let you know I am not having a dig.

Average, not a KK type full-back.

Disagree - the boy has ability ; he is a good passer of the ball and looks as if he has the temperament to develop into a good defender as well as possessing enough skill to support the attack.

These qualities make him a 'KK full-back' as well as being a potential Spanish full International.

Guest luquemartins

Enrique is 1 for the future. Long term solution for LB position. He has the attributes for a fullback. I would not be surprised if big teams in La liga will bring him back to spain.

I've always thought he was quality :smug:

Allardyce deserves credit for having the balls to spend that much money on an unproven young foreigner who doesn't play in a glamour position. He'll be our longterm leftback if he's given time to grow into the role - he's certainly got all the attributes anyhow; can pass, can defend, good positional sense, doesn't hide and he's deceptively pacey as well.

Allardyce deserves credit for having the balls to spend that much money on an unproven young foreigner who doesn't play in a glamour position. He'll be our longterm leftback if he's given time to grow into the role - he's certainly got all the attributes anyhow; can pass, can defend, good positional sense, doesn't hide and he's deceptively pacey as well.

Allardyce to have Wise' job? :lol:

He is tremendous, really impresses me goes about his job quietly and well.

Average, not a KK type full-back.

Disagree - the boy has ability ; he is a good passer of the ball and looks as if he has the temperament to develop into a good defender as well as possessing enough skill to support the attack.

These qualities make him a 'KK full-back' as well as being a potential Spanish full International.

I think he's better than average but he doesn't look like the type of full-back who 'bombs on' / gets up and down a lot so in that respect KK might look at other options next season / in the longer term. He does look comfortable on the ball and knocks some good passes though.

Allardyce to have Wise' job? :lol:

He is tremendous, really impresses me goes about his job quietly and well.

Agree 100%, the only issue I have is at times he can give the ball away quite easily. His positioning is usually spot on, and he gets up and down the flank well. Also fairly strong. Can't see the complaints with him really.

i have to say i like him and have done since the first time i saws him against everton.

as has been mentioned, lets leave him to develop, settle and learn.

i think we'll end up with a solid player

Apart from first half against Liverpool and second half against Man U, i think he's been solid everytime i've seen him play. I too saw him against Everton and i though he was one of our best players on the pitch.

I sometimes think it's easier for people to think he some sort of crap spanish mercinary

Solid but hasn't impressed me going forward which is an important aspect of a full back's job in this league - for £6.5m I hope this is something we will see improve.

I think you need to open your mind a little more. Enrique is as/more effective than Beye in the attacking sense but not going forward.

By that i mean for everytime Beye beats their left back Enrique plays a neat little pass into the feet of Viduka or over the top for Martins. This contributes as much to an attack as Beye bombing down the right.

Don't get me wrong i'd like to see Enrique get himself into similar positions but it's not the be all and end all to our football.

Solid but hasn't impressed me going forward which is an important aspect of a full back's job in this league - for £6.5m I hope this is something we will see improve.

I think you need to open your mind a little more. Enrique is as/more effective than Beye in the attacking sense but not going forward.

By that i mean for everytime Beye beats their left back Enrique plays a neat little pass into the feet of Viduka or over the top for Martins. This contributes as much to an attack as Beye bombing down the right.

Don't get me wrong i'd like to see Enrique get himself into similar positions but it's not the be all and end all to our football.

I like how he always has his head up and is looking to play the ball forward and keep possession going, instead of just passing it backwards/sideways all of the time.

I like how he always has his head up and is looking to play the ball forward and keep possession going, instead of just passing it backwards/sideways all of the time.

He's quite the dribbler when he gets going.

Clearly a good player.

We had a retard at left back, now we have one that can defend and he isnt good enough as he isnt Roberto Carlos?

He can pick Martins out every now and again which is more than can be said of the whole of the midfield, even though they have played far more games than he has and there are usually 4 of them too.

The only drawback to his game is that he doesn't get beyond the winger so far, but he's a good defender, which is after all the first priority. He's got good skill as well so if he's still first choice next season I think we'll see him really come on.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never understood how people can say he's slow, he may have this loping gait to him but he certainly can turn on the speed when he has to. His game yesterday probably one of his best so far, good passing of the ball, got down the field he is definitely one for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Big, has a good turn of pace, good in the tackle, can take players on and (although hit and miss) is quite clever and can see/make good attacking passes.

Only young and in a new league, I can see him going on to being one of the best left backs in the league [/bold statement].

For a 21 year old i think he could turn out to be Allarayces best buy. Excellent defensively, needs more compusre and self belif once he crosees the halfway line.

Can easily improve in a Keegan team and i think he will, could and should turn out to be one of the best LB in the league.