10 Best Transfers of the season.....

Guest kingdawson

Its all swings and roundabouts. I remember posting a list of players I thought were the worst of the season stupidly early - Anderson was on it cos he'd done absolutely fuck all, barely had a kick, but about a week later he started playing and he looks tremendous. I think I might have even put Yakubu on it :laugh:. And Nani, who I think had looked shite, might have been on it if I had posted it the day before the Arsenal game. Conversely Elano would have been the #1 by a mile in October, now he doesnt get a mention.

Lesson learnt? Wait until the end.

Jonathan Woodgate wont be one of the signings of the season if he ruptures his thigh tomorrow. Will McFadden be one of the signings of the season if he doesnt get another goal? He's very ordinary and that point his goals on saturday will be fuck all if they go down (No wins in 12 or something is it?).

Even allowing for the money that he cost, Torres has been outstanding. He makes the most out of what are often quite difficult opportunities.

I don't know what Muamba is doing on that list. He's looked very ordinary to me.

I don't know what Muamba is doing on that list. He's looked very ordinary to me.

All the knuckledraggers I know say he's shit and lazy.

Although in his defence, they are knuckledraggers, so not blessed with the best of critical faculties.

My own top 10?

Hmmmm.

Tevez

Torres

Santa Cruz

Kenwyne Jones

Corluka

Elano

Distin

Muntari

A. Valencia

Habib Beye

Valencia and Beye? Strange choices.

IMO, Muntari is getting good press at the moment because he is playing for one of the media's favorite teams at the moment and hasnt really impressed me at Pompey, bar the 2 goals at Villa Park.

Anderson hasn't done much this season, has he? He is for the future, obviously, but surely Tevez would be a better transfer?

He hasn't scored many goals, but he his passing ability and sight for a run are very impressive. I think he'll get even better by the end of the season, and a goal could take him to another level.

Where is Leigh Bromby on this list?!

I'm sorry, who?  ;)

Next year's best Premiership defender... after Shittu.

Well, hopefully we'll still be around to see him in action firsthand.  :undecided:

He was at Sheffield Utd last season so chances are you've probably already seen him  :rolleyes:

Muntari looks class from when I've seen him.

I've said this before but he's everything Nicky Butt sometimes tries to be.

He's a very good tackler and gets into good defensive positions.

His long range passes actually meet someone in his team and his long-shots find the target much more frequently.

He's a player we should've signed. A good motor and he's tough... no question whether he could adapt to the physical side of the Premiership. We shouldn't have fucked about with Geremi and Smith and we should have signed Muntari instead.

Muntari is not a defensive midfielder tho, if anything he is more attacking, but doesn't really have the guile to be a top drawer player in that position. Would like him here for his power but we'd need a seriously skilful number 10 to drop deep and link with him, as he's not the sort to go about creating chance after chance.